PDA

View Full Version : boo hoo.. I fell in the shower..

Husky_mom
03-04-2010, 01:22 PM
it was completely in slow motion and even cartoonish.. as I saw my feet speeding in all direction in order to avoid the fall.. but I completely failed.. haha

I landed on my right butt.. and I think my wrist too as i have a nice pretty purple dot on my wrist right now.. and it hurts a bit.. very tolerable but still..

what I first thought of was about getting dressed while I was "hot" and able to do so.. hehe.. now I´m here all alone with a bad wrist :( .. apparently my butt is ok.. haha..

thankfully it wasn´t any worse

MoonandBean
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
But atleast you can still type :D

Glad you're ok! I broke my leg 2 years ago in one of those graceful spills.

Kalei
03-04-2010, 01:55 PM
lol dont you love those little accidents :P That's like me and everytime I wear my slipper shoes I will slip on even just the mall floors.

pomtzu
03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Glad you're okay. Be careful!!!

Must be something in the air today. I took a tumble - caught the toe of my slipper on a basket of CD's I have on the floor - and down I went. My knee took the brunt of the fall, but I smacked my wrist and hip bone too, when I landed against the door frame. Nothing broken, but it shook me up. I've broken too many things in falls. :(

Asiel
03-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Slipping and falling in the shower seems to be a hobby of mine, glad I'm not the only one. We're yanking this one out and installing a larger one with a seat and bars to avoid this before I really get hurt. Pom you'll have to learn to wall walk like I do to avoid tripping on stuff, mind you it takes forever to get from point A to B but better than broken bones.

luvofallhorses
03-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Do you have a bath mat? Those usually help. I have fell into the shower before. :o

Husky_mom
03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
no, no floor mat.. what´s funny..(kind of) is I was wearing anti slip thongs..:rolleyes:.. and I wasn´t even walking haha.. my legs just turned into Bambi legs.. lol

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Ouch! We are having a hard time finding the non-slip stickers to stay in our tub. They keep coming off!! :mad:
But I slipped in our hall two days before Christmas and smacked my temple on the door frame and landed on my elbow. Not fun. :(
I hope you feel better soon.

Medusa
03-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Do you have a shower curtain or a glass sliding door? An acquaintance fell in the shower into her glass sliding door and it cut her so badly that she nearly bled to death. Fortunately, her husband found her and called 911. Ever since then, I won't have a shower door. I have shower curtains. Glad you're doing ok now but do be careful. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Ouch! would suggest strapping a cushion to your butt next time ;)

wombat2u2004
03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Non-slip mats are a good idea. I get them from vets affairs to give to my disabled clients.

caseysmom
03-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Watch those falls...trust me they can mess you up for a long time!

Puckstop31
03-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Moral of the story??? Never shower alone. You know, so the other person can catch you if you fall. ;)

Husky_mom
03-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Ouch! would suggest strapping a cushion to your butt next time ;)
I think I might get a discount on bubblewrap.. considering the amount I´d need.. lol

Moral of the story??? Never shower alone. You know, so the other person can catch you if you fall. ;)

LMAO.... I´ll keep that in mind... ;) if they do my hair in the process that would be nice too.. lol

today´s update: I´m sore.

lol... my whole back and arms hurt as if I had done gazillion hours of workout... no bruises other than my pretty purple wrist :rolleyes:

my shower is kind of like a small room with regular door (not sliding).. the bright side of me falling right to the floor was that inside the shower there are this seating areas.. like in a sauna... and are made of tile.. thankfully I didn´t hit those with my side or my head.. I´d be suffocated or unconscious till who knows when...(well until it were time t pick my son from school and they missed me)

thank you for the good thought and the great laughs.. ;)

lvpets2002
03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
:( Ouchy Ouchy.. Well you take care & take baths for a while.. :D Get Well Soon..

phesina
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Oooggh! That smarts, I bet. I'm glad you weren't more seriously injured. Take care..

Lillycat
03-06-2010, 05:41 PM
gosh, think you were lucky.....i fell once in the tub.....it hurts.....glad you are ok....

Vette
03-07-2010, 03:37 PM
:eek: Ochies. glade to hear youre okay.

i about bit in the shower a long while back now. but that was scary LOL