PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior from Paizly

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
This morning went as usual in the beginning. I was in the guest room doing my stretches and Paizly came in for her loving. At some point she went to the doorway and just sat. I noticed her intently looking at something down the hall toward the kitchen/living room areas. I continued my routine with my shoulder exercises which consists of using an exercise band. Usually when I do these exercises Paizly attacks the band and meows a lot. This morning she would not leave the doorway. She'd even duck back in the room for a second then peek around the doorway again. Her body language was very concerning to me. She was looking at something.
I walked out into the entry way and looked around. There was NOTHING there. So I went back and finished getting ready. Then went back out to that end of the house to clean her catbox and her dish in the kitchen. Normally she'd follow me everywhere and scratch on her post and jump on the dining room table for a treat. This morning she did not leave the doorway of the guest bedroom. I have to say, I was a little freaked out while I was in the kitchen.
When I left to go to work she was laying in the same spot and looked a little more relaxed. But she still wouldn't go out to that end of the house. I felt bad to leave her alone (well, Bruce and the dogs are in the bedroom asleep), but I had to come to work. I do feel better that she can hide under the bed in the guest room if she needs to.

What do you think she was seeing??? It was such unusual behavior from her, it scared me!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-04-2010, 09:46 AM
My instinct reaction was that Taz had popped by to say hello to her which would have been a bit of a surprise but a nice one in the end :-)

catmandu
03-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Cats can act so oddly, and even if something smells different they will act as though theres something to be afraid of.
When My Found Ctas act oddly but happy I think its that Our Awesome Angel Friends are visting and the sigght of so many different Angels makes them nervous, at least at first sight.:love::love::love:

pomtzu
03-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Taz no doubt...:love:

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2010, 09:59 AM
You guys have brought tears to my eyes. That is what I thought too. But why would she be so scared to go out there? She wasn't afraid of Taz.
OMG, I am shaking right now. I seriously thought of coming into work late to stay with her a little longer. But things are crazy at work right now, so I just couldn't.
Gary, I thought maybe she was hearing something. I didn't hear anything out of the norm. But she could have been hearing something I couldn't. And the way she was looking and moving I definitely think she was SEEING something. And she was very jumpy. If a sound came from the bedroom behind her she'd tweak her ears and quickly look that direction.

My poor baby. I hope she is okay. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
03-04-2010, 10:05 AM
She is fine. Imagine how you would feel if you had seen Taz this morning - she was a bit shocked as she knows he is no longer in the house. It just took her a while to make sure that he was really "there" that's all.

kitten645
03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
I was going to say the same. Calvin does that and I know he's seeing Hobbes. Taz will always be with you. Paizly may see but not understand. I have to keep telling Calvin that Hobbes is gone but still here. I thnk ms Paiz is fine and Tazie is reminding her whos in charge. LoL

Barbara
03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
While I (just personally me) do not think that cats come back to haunt us here I can see that Filou shows similar behavior- like peeping out of the bathroom door and looking to the stairs. He did that often when Tigris came up because he was afraid Tigris would disturb him getting petted by me (the bathroom was the place for that:rolleyes:) or drinking from the tub.
I think there may be a sound or something that in Filou's very short memory recalls a situation about disturbance coming up the stairs.
Hey- it's the same with me. There are so many moments in which I expect Tigris or in which I think a sound in the house sounded like him.
He is no longer there but he is in my memory and in my way to analyze my home environment - and he is in Filou's memory.

krazyaboutkatz
03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I was also going to say that she must've been seeing Taz.:) I know that our furkids do come back to our homes because I've seen my RB Pepper before. I thought I also saw Starr a few times and I'm currently catching a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eyes which I think must be my Sunny.:) I'm sure that all of my furkids have also seen them but I've never noticed any strange behavior from them. Hopefully some day you'll also be able to see your handsome boy Taz.:)

katladyd
03-04-2010, 12:13 PM
I have never seen one of my departed cats, but I have felt them. Now, in my apartment, I have never lost a cat, but sometimes Mac will do the "fixed stare" at the hall or wall and I cannot get him to move. I don't know what it is, but I've seen other cats do it. Maybe cats can see things we can't.:confused:

Kalei
03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
It definatly may be Taz Paizly is seeing. I don't know if I believe cats come back for sure, but they just might. My Kalypso acted like that once and I believe she was seeing my RB Baby and I had Denise's help with that one :)

I think cats have very vivid hearing and feelings too, maybe Paizly was just hearing something from outside or under the house and she didn't know what it was so it was freaking her out:confused:

Hopefully she will be back to normal when you get home from work :)

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I was skeptical about them coming back too. But now I just might be a believer. :)
Kalei, I thought she was hearing something but she was fixated on staring at one place and her eyes were HUGE!!!
I'm calling my boyfriend now to see if he's noticed anything strange in her behavior today.
He said she's been acting normal today.
Tracey, I would LOVE to see my big boy again. :)

Freedom
03-04-2010, 05:09 PM
She may have been seeing Taz.

But keep in mind, she is a C - A - T - and she may jut have been living up to "cat mystery." They can stare at the ceiling or a wall, and leave us wondering, Do they see something, or is this just to make me crazy?

Silly girl! LOL

Kalei
03-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I was skeptical about them coming back too. But now I just might be a believer. :)
Kalei, I thought she was hearing something but she was fixated on staring at one place and her eyes were HUGE!!!
I'm calling my boyfriend now to see if he's noticed anything strange in her behavior today.
He said she's been acting normal today.
Tracey, I would LOVE to see my big boy again. :)

Well, I do mostly believe that she probably did see Taz :) Cause I think Kalypso was seeing my rabbit Baby one time and I got Denise to do a reading on them too.

It's kind of freaky, but also very heart warming to know that your furbaby is still coming back to be with you in the house, even if you don't know he is there :)

Medusa
03-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Yes, I do think she was seeing Taz who probably just popped in to let you know that he's alright and b/c it's his old familiar place, certainly not to frighten or haunt anyone. Paizly reacted in the way that we humans most likely would; we might be comforted but at first we'd be taken aback. Is she doing ok now?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Maybe cats can see things we can't.:confused:

Am pretty sure they can and so can dogs - even if they don't actually "see" things they can sense things that we can't

Taz_Zoee
03-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Paizly was fine this morning. No "sightings" on her part.

Last night when I got home I was talking to Bruce about how she was acting. I didn't mention anything about her possibly seeing Taz because I thought he'd say I was being crazy. But he said "You know cats can see spirits and things". I was like "Really? Well I'm glad you said that because I think it was Taz or DJ (our RB Cocker Spaniel)".

Right when I got out of the shower last night, Paizly walked into the bathroom. For a split second I thought it was Taz. I asked her if she saw Taz this morning. I was still in the shower drying off. She came to the side of the tub and reached up to meet me and give me a sniff on my face. I think she was saying YUP!! :D

OHHH!!! And another thing. Taz would always lay on my towel at one end when I did my stretches. Paizly has NEVER done this. She did this morning!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-05-2010, 09:46 AM
That is great! Some times explanations are quite simple if we open our minds to the "not possible" ;)

Kalei
03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Paizly was fine this morning. No "sightings" on her part.

Last night when I got home I was talking to Bruce about how she was acting. I didn't mention anything about her possibly seeing Taz because I thought he'd say I was being crazy. But he said "You know cats can see spirits and things". I was like "Really? Well I'm glad you said that because I think it was Taz or DJ (our RB Cocker Spaniel)".

Right when I got out of the shower last night, Paizly walked into the bathroom. For a split second I thought it was Taz. I asked her if she saw Taz this morning. I was still in the shower drying off. She came to the side of the tub and reached up to meet me and give me a sniff on my face. I think she was saying YUP!! :D

OHHH!!! And another thing. Taz would always lay on my towel at one end when I did my stretches. Paizly has NEVER done this. She did this morning!!!

Wow, that is amazing! :) And it really just proves it. I think Taz is still with you for sure.

These kind of happenings are just so heartwarming :)

katladyd
03-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Taz was just checkin' up on you guys and had to tell Paizly the correct way to do things around the house. I'd say he's still a presence in your family.:love: