PDA

View Full Version : Dogs and bikes

wolf_Q
10-16-2002, 02:42 AM
Since Nebo LOVES to run, I've thought about getting something so I can take him with me on a bike. I know somebody (Anna?) mentioned a certain product they used for this. Where can I get it, and how does it work? How safe is it? I know I saw a thing called "The Springer" in a pet catalog that had a spring to absorb the shocks from the dog pulling. Thanks for any info. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-16-2002, 06:42 AM
Amy, I know Anna has something like that for Roxey and both (Anna and Roxey) love it!!

We take Drake biking very often. We go on the trails on our mountain bikes and Drakes runs beside us. We go pretty fast and he keeps up pretty well!!!

anna_66
10-16-2002, 08:59 AM
Hey Amy,
It's called the Bikerdog (http://www.bikerdog.com/) and it is awesome! I've never had her wreck me or anything! It's virtually impossible for her to pull me over with this product. It costed me $55 (s&h included), but it is worth every penny!
I bet Nebo would just love it! I've tried rollerblading with her, but it's just not the same, with the bike she can go so much faster!
Anyways, on the website they have videos that show how it work & everything. If you have any more questions, let me know:D

Glacier
10-16-2002, 06:19 PM
I have a Springer. It ROCKS!!!:D :D There is no way I could run several of my dogs without it and keep them safe. They have that husky selective hearing and "come" is not high on their list of "commands I must obey". The Springer saves my shoulders from being dislocated when they try to run on leash. It keeps them safe from traffic, porcupines ect and for my dog aggressive girl, it keeps her out of fights and saves my relationship with my neighbors. They get upset when she beats up their dogs! We both get a good workout. The Springer absorbs almost all of the energy from the dog pulling and stops them from going after wildlife! Kayleigh weighs 100 pounds and is incredibly powerful, but she can not pull the bike over. It's a fabulous device. Best 100 bucks I ever spent!

wolf_Q
10-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I'll check those out!! :)

slleipnir
10-18-2002, 11:35 AM
I just use a normal leash, and trained Jo not to run in front of the bike..I don't take her on the bike anymore, cause if she has to use the bathroom or sees something she has to just suddenly stop for, its not fun..I did that with ruf, and he, out of no where, stopped for a crap, and i almost flew off my bike..