PDA

View Full Version : Buddah Cat

yorkster
02-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I havn't visited PT for a long time, but could not resist posting this pic of my roommate's very LARGE cat. He's a sweety though!
What is really funny is how he is sitting.....

catmandu
02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
My Goodness he certainly is One Big Cat!!
:eek:
I have a feeling that he could do with a light Cat Food Formula
thats not good for a Cat to be too large!!
:eek:

RedHedd
02-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Mitzi was my little Buddha cat when she was at her *ahem* overly-healthy weight. I used to call her my Buddha Girl all the time. I miss her

Catty1
02-28-2010, 05:07 PM
That IS funny, how he is sitting! :D

Cats run the same risks as overweight humans do. I follow the directions on my cats' brand of kibble so they will be a healthy weight.

I hope that beautiful orangie slims down a bit so he can be spoiled and loved for many more years! :D

Medusa
02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
He's a big 'un alright! And a goofball, too, judging from the way he's sitting. :p I do hope that you're able to slim him down a bit. My RB Peeka gained a lot of weight as she got older and it's tough to get them to lose weight unless we're diligent w/their diet. I wish you many more happy years together. :)

yorkster
03-01-2010, 04:13 PM
The funny thing is that he HAS been on diet food for at least 8-9 months now. We're wondering if he has a thyroid problem...........? :confused:

Catty1
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Is the diet food measured, or is he free-fed?

A higher protein food might help. Or - a kitten to play with? ;):D

yorkster
03-01-2010, 04:56 PM
His food is measured and he now has another playful kitty to play with (for about 2 & 1/2 months now). They run all over the place :eek::)
Maybe we'll give a higher protein food a try.

Karen
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Has he been to the vet to check for a thyroid issue?

yorkster
03-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Not yet- it's the next step. He is actually my roomies cat (of course he's mine too now), and we've both been laid-off for awhile, $$$ has been very tight. I just went back to work, so to the vet he goes when I get my first full paycheck ;)