PDA

View Full Version : help with names (pictures added #23)

boomersooner
02-26-2010, 08:31 PM
A friend of mine is fostering 5 little pups who were abandoned at a vet's office. There are 4 females and 1 male. She wants to give them temporary names and would like to name them as a group. So far, we've thought of Prince and 4 of the Disney Princess names, Rhett and 4 of the Gone With the Wind females, the Scooby Doo Gang, the golden girls...Stan, and the 4 ladies, and Lou and 4 of the Mary Tyler Moore characters. Do any of you have any ideas? She said they seem to sometimes get adopted in multiples if their names are similar (although I'm sure they are renamed after adoption). Anyway, thanks for the help!!!!!

amberlynn
02-26-2010, 08:37 PM
hmmm....you could go with the western theme....like find 4 outlaw females and call the male billy the kid or wild bill......idk but good luck.....o wut kind of puppies if i may ask:confused:

Karen
02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
From the spice cabinet:

Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove and Spice?

From the garden:

Sweet William, Daisy, Petunia, Pansy, Rose (Rosie) or Lily

From Jazz:
Basie, Ella, Etta, Delia and Melody

boomersooner
02-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I knew I could count on the creative and imaginative minds of Pet Talkers!!! Thanks!!! I really don't know....I have only seen pictures. They are about 6-7 weeks old....Most are black and white...with a face a little like a springer with the white streak up the forehead, but they aren't springers or border collies I don't think....I really don't know....just little mixed breeds....very cute. She has 3 rescue Boxers (she used to do only boxer rescue but has decided to do all kinds), 2 fosters who are around 3 months old, and then these pups.....

amberlynn
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
o ok well they sounds so cute....yeah...well idk if this is creative we stayed with the "M" theme for our little dogs....Mojo, Mehoe, and Miss Marley

Karen
02-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh, black and white - definitely the jazz ones would apply,

or birds

Penguin, Gull, Owl, Osprey and Falcon

Or patterns usually black and white

Spot, Domino, Spatter, Painter and Ink

Vette
02-26-2010, 09:25 PM
^ or Puffin to go with bird-like theme. though theyre not black an white,, i cant think of anything else at the moment though LOL

Twisterdog
02-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Pepsi, Sprite, Shasta, Pepper, Dew

Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro, Cinco

Biscotti, Muffin, Cupcake, Oreo, Macaroon

Aphrodite, Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Apollo

Xeres, Xena, Xyrian, Xuna, Xavier

Hershey, Nestle, Reeses, Twix, Skittles

kokopup
02-26-2010, 09:46 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Close_up_of_an_Oreo_cookie.JPG/220px-Close_up_of_an_Oreo_cookie.JPG

Freedom
02-27-2010, 09:31 AM
These ideas gave me a great smile! What a way to start my Saturday,

You could make the girls the 4 seasons:
Spring Summer Winter Autumn and then the boy could be Frankie! ;)

Or Greek gods:
Male: Apollo, Hermes, or Zeus
Female: Artemis, Athena, Hera, Artemis

Roman gods:
Male: Jupiter, or Neptune
Female: Juno, Venus, Minerva, Diana, Flora

Astronauts:
Neil, Sally, Bonnie, Kathryn, Marsha, Linda

Wow, you can have fun with this, depending on your hobbies, interests!

pomtzu
02-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe - and Jack(?) :p

Asiel
02-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Oh well, if we're going with that, how about

Prancer -Dancer -Dasher - Blitzen -Donner or Rudolph :D

Sneezy - Doc - Dopey - Grumpy - Bashful :D

*LabLoverKEB*
02-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe - and Jack(?) :p

LOL this one made me laugh! But it's cute!;)

boomersooner
02-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Made me giggle, too!!! Thanks to everyone for your suggestions....I've been sending her your ideas, but I haven't heard what she has finally decided on. Last time I heard, her husband was liking the Scooby Doo Gang, but I don't know!! I just hope they find a home....as cute as they are, I'm sure they will!

cassiesmom
02-27-2010, 07:42 PM
The "Desperate Housewives" - Edie, Gabi, Bree, Katherine; and Orson or Carlos or Rex
"Mad Men" - Lane, Peyton, January, Abigail; Duck
(sorry, I just started following "Mad Men" and I'm still trying to figure out who's who)
"Glee" - Quinn, Kendra, Brittany, Mercedes; Finn or Puck

Taz_Zoee
02-28-2010, 01:12 PM
This morning in bed I was thinking of this thread. I thought of beer related names:
Amber
Sierra
Stella
Guinness
Sam

More beer names: Harp, Victoria, Amstel, Dixie, Mickey, Miller, Bud

Or music related (instrument brands):
Fender
Carvin
Taylor
Peavey
Martin
Gibson
Marshall

Can you tell what is popular in my house? Music and beer. I'll pass on the beer, but Bruce brews his own.

boomersooner
03-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for all of your ideas...I talked to her today and saw more pics of the puppies....The shelter is calling them Border Collie mixes. I definitely see that in most of them....there is one who is light....Anyway.......she said she named them the Spice Puppies.....Ginger, Clove, Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Spice. Thought I would let you know!! Thanks again for the help!

Husky_mom
03-02-2010, 05:16 PM
good.. so they got names..but when do we get to see them ? ;) ... they sound pretty cute

MonicanHonda
03-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Aww, how adorable :)

boomersooner
03-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I'll see if I can post pictures from the email she sent me.

Karen
03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all of your ideas...I talked to her today and saw more pics of the puppies....The shelter is calling them Border Collie mixes. I definitely see that in most of them....there is one who is light....Anyway.......she said she named them the Spice Puppies.....Ginger, Clove, Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Spice. Thought I would let you know!! Thanks again for the help!

Aww, I feel honored! :)

We always say I have the "naming gene" as everything gets a name, or tells me its name. The gene obviously skipped my nephew, who numbered his betta fish!

boomersooner
03-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes! Karen, I saw it was your suggestion!! You do have the gift!! LOL

boomersooner
03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Here are some pictures of the Spice Puppies....a couple of them almost look like they might have some Aussie in them, too....
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/sdburch/Nutmeg.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/sdburch/Ginger.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/sdburch/Clover.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/sdburch/Cinnamon.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/sdburch/Spice.jpg

dab_20
03-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro, Cinco

Hahaha had to giggle at that one :)

Creative names... I do like the ones they picked! What absolutely sweet little puppies! I awwwwwed at every one of them :) Sure wish I could take one home!

amberlynn
03-02-2010, 11:57 PM
aww they are just so adorable.......i love the first puppy she/he is just so adorable i just want to reach through the computer and snuggle with them

k9krazee
03-03-2010, 07:46 AM
They are SO cute! I want puppy #2!!

Husky_mom
03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
The two black and white ones look like they might be the same puppy....LOL....with 5 eight week olds, 2 three month olds, and 3 boxers of her own.(and a teenage daughter! LOL)...I'm surprised my friend is sane!!! HA

they are actually different puppies... ;) notice that number 5 has a bigger collar as well as more white in the muzzle.. so very cute!!

I want 1, 3 and 4... awww...

you know what... scratch that last sentence... I want them ALL!!! oh.. and an FYI.. boy is number 4 ;) (just happened to see a lil something lol)

boomersooner
03-03-2010, 05:44 PM
You are very observant!!! Today, she told me someone wants the little boy dog....picture number 3....I think he is adorable...that is Nutmeg!