PDA

View Full Version : thoughts for Bouncer please....hopeful update #30

Trinityagain
02-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Our grand old lady goes to the white coats tomorrow morning. For about the past 2 years she has been losing weight. Since it was so gradual the vet wasn't concerned, she is almost 14 (I think) so he said it happens as they age...lately that weight loss has just zoomed. I swear all of a sudden she is nothing but furr and bones and she is moving so stiff it makes me hurt to watch her. She is still eating, drinking, piddling, etc but still I'm scared....this is my husband's heart kat and it is really going to hit him if we lose her. So PT thoughts and prayers respectfully requested please....

Grace
02-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Prayers for a simple solution to Bouncer's troubles :love:

krazyaboutkatz
02-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that she's been losing so much weight.:( Hopefully whatever is causing this can be easily treated and I hope it's nothing serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

katladyd
02-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Prayers for sweet Bouncer are coming from me.:love: I hope it is nothing but age. It is a good sign she is still eating and drinking normally. I have one that is about 13 and he is starting to lose weight, but he eats, drinks, and plays normally and the vet said that is normal. Maybe she just needs some dental work.

lvpets2002
02-26-2010, 12:19 PM
:( Aweee poor baby Bouncer.. For sure Many Prayers & Huggss coming from Texas.. I sure hope Bouncer gets to feeling much better real soon..

Catty1
02-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Prayers for beautiful Bouncer that she can be easily fixed up! I agree with katladyd - could be something about her teeth.

She is so pretty and looks like such a lovebug!:):love:

Kirsten
02-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Keeping her in my thoughts... I hope the vet will find out what's wrong, and that it turns out to be something easily treatable!

Kirsten

phesina
02-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Prayers and good wishes are coming from us for Bouncer too. What a beautiful girl! Be well, sweetie!

Randi
02-26-2010, 03:14 PM
What a beautiful girl Bouncer is. I hope she will put on some weight. Have you asked your vet about a different diet? Perhaps it has something to do with teeth as some suggested.

Gentle scritches to sweet Bouncer and good thoughts that she will be with you for a long time yet. :love:

catmandu
02-26-2010, 03:26 PM
:love::love:
We Found Cats ^^ love Bouncer and are praying for her health!!
Our Awesome Angels will have a squad to accompany Bouncer to the Vets and will be there to comfort and support Bouncer and pray that Her White Coats can help her ^^.
:love::love::love:

Catlady711
02-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear Bouncer is losing alot of weight. Hopefully it's just an overactive thyroid (common in older cats) and it's easily treateable with daily medication. Keep us posted, our thoughts are with you two.

orangemm
02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Aww, sweet girl..........lots of prayers and good thoughts going up for Buncer.:(

Give her some gentle scritches from me and a few head-bumpies from my boys.:love::love::love:

Please keep us posted...................

Trinityagain
02-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear Bouncer is losing alot of weight. Hopefully it's just an overactive thyroid (common in older cats) and it's easily treateable with daily medication. Keep us posted, our thoughts are with you two.

Perfect diagnosis! She is now on meds for thyroid but we can all deal with that. The really strange coincidence was a gentleman brought in an orange furrball while we were there, same thing. He had been losing weight and the guy wanted to get him checked, he was afraid he was going to lose him right then and there. Exact same diagnosis! So it was a happy day for all of us. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Once again I say PTers are the best group of people on the planet!

Catty1
02-27-2010, 03:05 PM
YAAY! Many more purring years with Dad! :D:D:D

katladyd
02-27-2010, 05:04 PM

I second that!:D

phesina
02-27-2010, 07:01 PM

I second that!:D

I third it! Hallelujah!

Catlady711
02-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Perfect diagnosis! She is now on meds for thyroid but we can all deal with that. The really strange coincidence was a gentleman brought in an orange furrball while we were there, same thing. He had been losing weight and the guy wanted to get him checked, he was afraid he was going to lose him right then and there. Exact same diagnosis! So it was a happy day for all of us. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Once again I say PTers are the best group of people on the planet!

Glad to hear it was only the thyroid. Cats usually respond well to the meds and are around for a long while. Glad that Bouncer got good news from the vet!:) Thanks for the update

catmandu
02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Thats Great News for Bouncer :love::love:and that Gentlemans Orange Cat!!:love::love:
A Win/Win Situation for Both Cats, and the Found Cats are CHEEEERING HOORAY!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

krazyaboutkatz
02-28-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Bouncer was able to be diagnosed easily and hopefully she'll continue to do well on the thyroid medicine.:)

Trinityagain
03-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Not so good...she has lost a lot of ground. She doesn't really seem to be suffering, no pain or anything like that, but she can't get around real well, and is unable to get into the litterbox at all. We are taking her to the vet tonite and I have a bad feeling that she won't be coming back home with us. We have already decided that if they think it is best to let her go, then so be it...but life is really stinky right now...

phesina
03-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the vet has some promising news. A candle for Bouncer: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10449961

Queen of Poop
03-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Saying a prayer for Bouncer.:love:

Pinot's Mom
03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Prayers for Bouncer (and you) from here too! :(

catmandu
03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
That has to be one of the saddest things that we have to deal with when Our Cats get older and waeker , and thats when its time to say goodbye.:(
We want Our Friends to stay furrever , but thats not possible.:(
We are praying for Bouncer:love: and Family:love: and we know that they will make the right choice when the time comes :love:

orangemm
03-23-2010, 02:59 PM
More prayers going up for Bouncer...please start feeling better, sweet girl.:love::(:(:love:

We're all here for you...................((((hugs))))

jennielynn1970
03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Prayers for Bouncer... feel better please!!

Laura's Babies
03-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Prayers for your baby are going up!

Taz_Zoee
03-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Oh no. I'm so sorry. :( I hope the vet has something they can try. 14 just seems much too young.

katladyd
03-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Prayers coming from me for dear Bouncer.:love:

Trinityagain
03-24-2010, 06:28 AM
They did another round of blood work. The thyroid numbers aren't in yet but everything else is fine. The vet thinks that maybe it is too high a dosage of thyroid med and they are making her numbers for that go too far the wrong way. So we wait on the results for that for a day or so. Until then, they sent us home with some high calorie paste stuff to give her a few times a day and some super duper high calorie kick butt food to tempt her with to atleast get something into her system. We also found out that as cats age some of them have trouble producing tears. Instead of nice clear watery tears they produce this horribly yucky mucus-ey stuff which, when it runs out of their eyes, can cause a minor infection near the corner of the eye. So...we have artificial tears to start putting in as well as an antibiotic ointment to put on the infected area.....but she is still kicking! I have never been so happy to be so wrong!:D:D

Medusa
03-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Prayers going up for Bouncer from me and the Fur Posse......Keep the faythe. :)

Queen of Poop
03-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Good news. Prayers and purrs from Cali, Diego and I.:love:

Trinityagain
03-24-2010, 08:38 AM
QofP, right back to you. What we are going thru is small potatoes compared to what has been going on for you lately. Glad everyone is ok after the fire ordeal and hope your little ones are calming down a little more with each day....

And thank you everyone for your support and thoughts and candles!

Taz_Zoee
03-24-2010, 09:35 AM
This is great hopeful news! :) I will continue to hope Bouncer improves each day.

Anikaca77
03-24-2010, 10:41 AM
My prays are coming for Bouncer ad for you as well.

Melissa

orangemm
03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Keep on keepin' on, Bouncer! Make sure you eat the yummy stuff the vet gave you!!:love::love:

Gentle scritches to you, sweetheart...........and (((hugs))) for your meowmie!

Laura's Babies
03-24-2010, 05:38 PM
That is encouraging news, hope this turns around for Bouncer soon..

krazyaboutkatz
03-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Trinityagain
03-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks again everyone! She is still doing really well. Eating much more than she was. I made salmon for dinner last night and everyone got a little but Bouncer got the majority and oh my goodness did she go to town! I talked to the vet yesterday afternoon and it appears that the meds were just a bit too much for her. So she is off of them until Sunday and then we are going to start her on half of the original dose for a couple of weeks and see what happens...

Queen of Poop
03-26-2010, 07:27 AM
That's a girl Bouncer. Just a little too much meds were making you feel lousy. So glad you gobbled up the salmon. Cali and Diego send loads of purrrrrs. :love:

Catlady711
03-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted. Hope the new meds doseage works out better this time.

katladyd
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I am doing the happy dance! Pouncer is eating and feeling well! Thanks for the update!:D