PDA

View Full Version : People w/dementia, low vision: atomic talking watch!

Freedom
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
I found this watch, bought it and want to share this info.

It is an atomic watch, so it automatically resets Spring and Fall, and when the battery has to be replaced. AND it talks! Tells you the time, and the day, month, date and year!

My Dad loves it. The face is large, so he can tell the time alright. But he forgets the day, month etc all the time. He says his battery won't last long as he has to push the button for that info a thousand times per day. He says it is very upsetting not to have any idea "when" it is. Most of the time, he thinks it is Sept 27, 1998. No idea why!

His prior watch had a digital read out, hard to see the time, and the date was very small, up in the corner. All it gave was month and date. No day or year.

It comes in a strap or expandable band, which ever you prefer.

I just wanted to share this in case it may be of interest. None of the folks from Visiting Nurse - the nurse, CNA, physical therapist - NONE of them were aware this was available! I brought it for "show and tell" at my caregiver support group and it was news to all of them as well. Four people asked me for the details so they can track it down. I've passed this info along to Terry /Daisy and Delilah, and she says her mom NEEDS this yesterday! LOL

http://www.giftngadget.com/atomic-talking-watch.html

Other sites have it as well. I got it for $29.00, plus $3.00 handling, free shipping. You will see the SAME WATCH, same brand name, for more money on other sites.

Just an FYI!

pomtzu
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM
That's wonderful Sandie. I hope it helps your Dad out.

I have several Atomic Clocks in the house, and they don't talk, and I never knew anyone made the same in a watch, and one that talks too. I'll have to keep it in mind in case I know anyone that could benefit from one in the future.

Thanks for the info. Gave Dad a big hug from us here in DE.

Freedom
02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Will do, Ellie, lol.

Daisy and Delilah
02-25-2010, 03:40 PM
I wish we had a thread about dementia here. I know there are so many people that have seen it in their lives.

RICHARD
02-25-2010, 04:09 PM
I wish we had a thread about dementia here. I know there are so many people that have seen it in their lives.

We have touched upon it in a few threads.

That is one of my Top Five Nastiest Health Problems......:(

cassiesmom
02-25-2010, 05:56 PM
That's wonderful Sandie. I hope it helps your Dad out.

I have several Atomic Clocks in the house, and they don't talk, and I never knew anyone made the same in a watch, and one that talks too. I'll have to keep it in mind in case I know anyone that could benefit from one in the future.

Thanks for the info. Gave Dad a big hug from us here in DE.

I didn't either! My mom and dad have an atomic clock. It comes in really handy after the power goes out and they have to re-set every clock in the house. Give dad a hug from me too, please.