PDA

View Full Version : Federally Regulate Pliers!!!

blue
02-25-2010, 02:07 AM
The time has come, for the safety of home improvement center patrons and employees, for the Federal government to regulate the sale and lisencing of pliers!

KCRA.com
Pliers Brandished In Home Depot Crime
Police Say Man Found In Hotel Room With Drugs, Paraphernalia

POSTED: 5:31 pm PST February 23, 2010
UPDATED: 6:16 pm PST February 23, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A man brandished pliers as a weapon after he and an accomplice allegedly robbed a Home Depot store in Sacramento Monday afternoon.

Police said Anthony Cervantes, 26, and Tauna Bayoneta, 24, went into the store in the 8000 block of Folsom Boulevard and began to steal three boxes of items.

Store security confronted the pair in the parking lot and detained Bayoneta. Police said Cervantes then pulled out pliers, brandished the tool as a weapon and got away in a vehicle.

That vehicle was later spotted by deputies at a hotel on Howe Avenue, police said, and officials were able to trace the car to a particular room.

Inside, police said they found Cervantes, who also had illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia.

Cervantes is being held at the Sacramento County Main Jail on several charges, including a felony for violating terms of his probation.

Copyright 2010 by KCRA.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

wombat2u2004
02-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I personally think that pliers should be taken off the market.....period !!!!
Only Dentists should be allowed to have and use them. :p

lizbud
02-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Anyone who is found with a plier in his/her possession, should be
denied the vote. They are clearly dangerous people.;)

kokopup
02-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Anyone brandishing Pliers is obviously an Enemy Combatant and should have no rights as such. :(

Karen
02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Anybody dumb enough to feel threatened by a brandishes pair of pliers should lose his or her job as "store security"! What's next?

Don't answer that!

pomtzu
02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Anybody dumb enough to feel threatened by a brandishes pair of pliers should lose his or her job as "store security"! What's next?

I'd probably feel threatened at the possibility of a pair of pliers connecting with my cranium. A heavy duty pair could do considerable damage. :(

lvpets2002
02-25-2010, 12:09 PM
:o Well yes with the consideration of the size of pliers.. There are some bigg pliers that could do some damage.. Now if it was a small pair then I would have to aggree with Karen's post..
I'd probably feel threatened at the possibility of a pair of pliers connecting with my cranium. A heavy duty pair could do considerable damage. :(

lizbud
02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
They were probably needle nose pliers.:eek: :p

lvpets2002
02-25-2010, 12:23 PM
:p Well then if they was needle nose then I for sure would have guarded my ears & nose.. In case they was wanting to pull hairs..
They were probably needle nose pliers.:eek: :p

Karen
02-25-2010, 12:34 PM

Maybe if you had no ability to duck? Or move out of the way? Even I, as klutzy as I am, could probably avoid a swung pair o' pliers! Why not just block or wack the guy with your nightstick or flashlight whatever they arm "security" people with?

wombat2u2004
02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Maybe if you had no ability to duck? Or move out of the way? Even I, as klutzy as I am, could probably avoid a swung pair o' pliers! Why not just block or wack the guy with your nightstick or flashlight whatever they arm "security" people with?

No no...they are just evasion measures.
First you have to disarm him, and then bite him on the kneecap, thats what I do.

DJFyrewolf36
02-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Most security people aren't allowed to have any type of weapons. In Oregon you can be criminally charged if you're in posession of a weapon as a security guard unless you have a special licence.

We are told to "observe and report" and engage in as little contact with an assailant as possible. Let them take what they want and call the police later. Personally if someone is swinging anything in my direction threatningly, my steel toe shoe is taking a trip to a place they aren't going to like much. :p :D

RICHARD
02-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I guess no one has caught a piece of skin with a pair of pliers or had friends that would try and pull a T-Twister with a pair of channel locks?:eek::mad::(;)

wombat2u2004
02-25-2010, 11:17 PM
I guess no one has caught a piece of skin with a pair of pliers or had friends that would try and pull a T-Twister with a pair of channel locks?:eek::mad::(;)

Or a nipple nip.....man they hurt !!!!

RICHARD
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Or a nipple nip.....man they hurt !!!!

LOL, in THIS hemisphere it's called "T" twister!;)

wombat2u2004
02-26-2010, 12:32 AM
LOL, in THIS hemisphere it's called "T" twister!;)

Hehehehe....I was wondering what that was.
Did you ever see that old movie where they were pulling a guys fingernails off with pliers ???? I bet that would have hurt a bit...hey ??