PDA

View Full Version : Does Toyota make tanks?

RICHARD
02-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Chaos after tank driver nods off

Red faced army officials have apologised after a tank left a trail of destruction when its driver nodded off at the controls.

The South Korean military vehicle was returning from an all night training exercise near the North Korean border when it suddenly accelerated and veered off the road.

The massive tank crushed two cars before ploughing into four trucks as terrified drivers and pedestrians ran for cover.

One driver escaped death by inches, gripping the steering wheel in disbelief as the tank ploughed through the passenger side of his car, leaving it a mass of twisted metal.

The tank only came to a halt when it careered into a shopfront and stalled, waking up still sleeping driver Yeon Lee, 32, say local police.

Astonishingly, the only casualty was Lee, who was taken to hospital with injuries to his head and chest.

-------------------------

Not a whole lot of room to make jokes here.

Just TANKful no one was hurt.

Did you really think that I would not make a joke about this?;):eek::D

blue
02-25-2010, 02:16 AM
That is one driver that is not on track for a promotion.

Lady's Human
02-25-2010, 02:19 AM
If this was a US military driver it would have never made the news. Happens far too often, especially in CONOPS (continuous operations) exercises, but we don't normally venture outside of training areas in our training.

Not many training areas on the Korean Peninsula.

wombat2u2004
02-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Just as I suspected, it was a mechanical fault.
The nut on the steering wheel. (Made in Korea to !!!)

Puckstop31
02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
If this was a US military driver it would have never made the news. Happens far too often, especially in CONOPS (continuous operations) exercises, but we don't normally venture outside of training areas in our training.

Not many training areas on the Korean Peninsula.

Totally. LOL

During my time as a driver, while stationed in Germany, I have 1 VW Beetle, 1cow, 14 trees and 2 fences on my "destroyed" list. The car was parked in a space that was a no parking zone for the very reason that we used it as a turn, a sharp turn with zero visibility.

The cow was a result of a broken fence (not my doing, LOL). The cow ventured out onto the trail we used for "high speed battle position change" drills. Going around a corner, at night, buttoned up, doing about 30 mph in a 70 ton tank... Not a good ending for the cow.

RICHARD
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Totally. LOL

Going around a corner, at night, buttoned up, doing about 30 mph in a 70 ton tank... Not a good ending for the cow.

What kind of marinade do you use on meat THAT tenderized?;):cool::eek:

Puckstop31
02-25-2010, 02:08 PM
What kind of marinade do you use on meat THAT tenderized?;):cool::eek:

Whatever is used when you make steak tartar. LOL

I really did feel bad. I saw the thing at the very last second. Perhaps I could have tried to stop... But when you put the brake on the floor in a M-1 Tank, it STOPS. At best, the rest of the crew would have been heavily bruised (remember, the ONLY soft thing in or on a tank is the crew) and at worst dead. I recieved the worst shiner of my life from a M-1. This was when I was a gunner. The only way the gunner can see the outside world at night (when we did 90% of our work) is through the sights. So I had my face in the eyepiece. Newbie driver hits the breaks, HARD. Tanks stops... Crew keeps moving forward until they meet something to stop them. In this case, my face hitting the GPS. The TC's chest hitting the .50 cal machine gun mount and the loader hitting the radio mounts.

Oy.

kokopup
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Richard, Your question " Does Toyota make Tanks?

Yes, they do and they come with a lifetime warranty.

http://www.shepherdautoparts.com/autoparts/gas_fuel_tank/toyota/corolla/w5HDm8OUw5PCu8K3wrfCrMOR.htm

RICHARD
02-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Richard, Your question " Does Toyota make Tanks?

Yes, they do and they come with a lifetime warranty.

LOL.
5 Bonus points for you! It never crossed my mind.:D

lizbud
02-25-2010, 06:36 PM
It's a good thing that tank didn't go north of the border. Another
Korean War. Can you imagine explaining to Kim Jong Il that it was a accident.