PDA

View Full Version : My baby's senior portrait.

caseysmom
02-23-2010, 09:10 PM
This is my baby. If anyone remembers my oldest graduated last year, yes I have two teenage daughters a year apart in school.

I am so proud of her, she has been accepted to the Air Force Academy and received two congressional nominations she just has to pass a breathing test because she had childhood asthma, it shouldn't be a problem she never had an asthma attack, many kids here get labeled with asthma because we are in a valley.

Anyway she has also been accepted to 3 of the colleges she applied for in Aeronautical Engineering, the Academy is her dream and what she wants to do so I am behind her 100 percent. (although it does make me tear up, even when I am at work in meetings:D)

She definetely gets her looks and her brains from her Dad!

Not sure how I will deal with an empty nest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/spumoni/seniorpictures021.jpg

Grace
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
She is beautiful - and she's going to have to cut her hair if she becomes a Zoomie.

caseysmom
02-23-2010, 09:27 PM
She is beautiful - and she's going to have to cut her hair if she becomes a Zoomie.

Not anymore...she can put it in a bun...which she is use to since she use to do gymnastics.

Alysser
02-23-2010, 09:45 PM
That is a beautiful picture! Congratulations on her acceptance to her dream school, this may be a stupid question but if she's going the Air Force Academy will she be in the Air Force? I know my brother did something like that when he went to college. I am so jealous, she's doing what I wish I could do - aeronautical engineering. I wish her much luck with that :)

caseysmom
02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
That is a beautiful picture! Congratulations on her acceptance to her dream school, this may be a stupid question but if she's going the Air Force Academy will she be in the Air Force? I know my brother did something like that when he went to college. I am so jealous, she's doing what I wish I could do - aeronautical engineering. I wish her much luck with that :)

Yes it is a military college, so she will be in a 4 year college and graduate as an officer and will have to be an officer for 5 years to pay back her education. She will have some military duties while in college, not anything related to combat it will be formations and things like that. She will have to go to boot camp and the beginning of july and she will have to make it through that first.

As a 4th classmen(freshman) she will have to mam and sir upper classmen etc and salute and be in a uniform. She is a conformist so I don't foresee a problem with that.

Daisy and Delilah
02-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Another beautiful daughter!! You are blessed with gorgeous children. She sounds like a wonderful girl. Congrats to her and best wishes that all her dreams come true. Ya did good, Mom and Dad!!! :)

cassiesmom
02-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Wow, Caseysmom! The Air Force Academy, how exciting! Congratulations to your daughter and you too! (The Air Force Academy is in Colorado, right?)

happylabs
02-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Very lovely photo! She looks like a sweet girl. Congrats to you!!! You will survive empty nest syndrome. My "baby" is in her second year of college. She is the love of my life. Wishing her well.

wombat2u2004
02-24-2010, 01:27 AM
WOW !!!! Good sort !!!!! And a brain to go with it. You done well with her mate. ;)

Medusa
02-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Such a pretty girl and brainy, too; the perfect combo! :)

catnapper
02-24-2010, 09:23 AM
She's goreous! You have every right to be a proud mama!

Empty nest.... hmmmm.... more room to fill with more furry critters? :D

Cataholic
02-24-2010, 09:27 AM
What a striking young lady! Congrats to her, you have every right to be proud.

caseysmom
02-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow, Caseysmom! The Air Force Academy, how exciting! Congratulations to your daughter and you too! (The Air Force Academy is in Colorado, right?)

Yes its Colorado. She went for a visit last fall and loved it. She has recently taken up snowboarding just in case:D

Kalei
02-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow, congrats to her and you for being such a great mommy! Her picture was so nicely done and she has such great goals in life. I wish her all the luck in making those goals come true :) She will do great in life!

chocolatepuppy
02-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Your daughter's very pretty! Sounds like she's a very smart girl! :)

gini
02-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Great job, Mom!!! Not one, but two beautiful daughters. And how terrific that they seem to have a career path nailed down.

You deserve to be very proud of them.

Karen
02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Congratulations to her on making the Air Force Academy, that's no small feat! Best wishes for a happy future for her!

Miss Z
02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Your daughter is so stunning, and I am SO happy that she has got into what she wants to do. She thoroughly deserves it. Best of luck to her!

carole
02-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Congratulations to your daughter, you must indeed be a proud mother, i think you and I both have daughters the same age if i remember rightly, empty nest will be hard at first, but isn't it great to think you have got them to that point where they can go out in the world and be independent, i think that is one of the best gifts you can give your child.

You sure do have gorgeous girls, and very intelligent ones as well,hope all goes extremely well for her.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Your daughter is lovely and congratulations to her for getting into the school she wanted.

The Colorado Springs area is very pretty with lots of nearby hiking! I imagine it looks pretty amazing from the air, too. :)

caseysmom
02-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Your daughter is lovely and congratulations to her for getting into the school she wanted.

The Colorado Springs area is very pretty with lots of nearby hiking! I imagine it looks pretty amazing from the air, too. :)

Yes I will have an excuse to go to Colorado. I have never been. I have heard parents can rent cabins on campus for cheap but that rumor is not confirmed. Either way I will at least go for parents weekend in September.

moosmom
02-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Caseysmom,

She is beautiful!!! You had her when you were 4, right???:p:D

sirrahbed
02-24-2010, 04:46 PM
What a beautiful picture of your daughter!!! You have to be so very proud!! Being accepted to the Air Force Academy is such an honor:D

I found a website http://www.emptynestmoms.com/index.html that helped me very much when my three flew the nest :) Hope you take a look.

Congratulations!!!

caseysmom
02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Moosmom...yeah something like that:D Actually it took me 9 years to get pregnant with my first so I was an "oldish" mom.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-24-2010, 07:39 PM
She's very pretty! Congratulations to her, and to you as well of course!! That's awesome she knows what she wants to do, many teenagers have not a clue when they graduate high school! I was one of the lucky ones, too!;)

Casey'smom- your daughter must be my age if she is in her second year of college!

ETA: my sister and I are a 13 months apart, so my parent's did the whole graduating high school in 2 years like you!

caseysmom
02-24-2010, 07:48 PM
She's very pretty! Congratulations to her, and to you as well of course!! That's awesome she knows what she wants to do, many teenagers have not a clue when they graduate high school! I was one of the lucky ones, too!;)

Casey'smom- your daughter must be my age if she is in her second year of college!

ETA: my sister and I are a 13 months apart, so my parent's did the whole graduating high school in 2 years like you!

My oldest is 18, almost 19 first year in college. My youngest is 17, she is a very young senior, she won't turn 18 until October and she graduates in June. They are a year apart in school and 18 months apart in age.

caseysmom
03-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Well I found out today she passed her breathing test with flying colors.

I have been weepy all day at work. My baby will be going away...

Karen
03-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Well I found out today she passed her breathing test with flying colors.

I have been weepy all day at work. My baby will be going away...

Hey, congrats on passing the breathing test! :) Now, now, mom, no weeping yet, save it for the day she goes, okay? ;)

caseysmom
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Well it may be every day in between too but I hope not!

caseysmom
03-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Its official my baby signed this week, she is a zoomie!

Alysser
03-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Its official my baby signed this week, she is a zoomie!

Congratulations to her! I think that's great, I really do. I am so glad to hear she is doing what she wants. I am also pretty envious, I'm physically unable to do anything involving aerospace - but I am glad to hear she isn't! Good luck. :)

caseysmom
03-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Congratulations to her! I think that's great, I really do. I am so glad to hear she is doing what she wants. I am also pretty envious, I'm physically unable to do anything involving aerospace - but I am glad to hear she isn't! Good luck. :)

You will do what you are meant to do and I will be proud of you too.