PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Lydia

Catty1
02-23-2010, 11:07 AM
First of all - thanks, Pat, for messaging me about her.

Lydia is my mom's sister, the second oldest. She has abused her health for a long time, though she quit smoking when she had surgery for lung cancer a number of years ago. A few years later, another lobe was removed.

Last October, the docs found it had recurred in the bronchia...they went in to try and operate and just closed her up again.

My mom went to her city yesterday, and visited at the hospice. In the pics below, Lydia is about 120. She is now 99 lbs; and Mom believes the end is pretty near. Her pain is being managed well, though the shots sting.

Lydia's son and DIL have been taking 12 hour shifts, staying with her at the hospice. They also have their 5 grandkids there, two just toddlers, because the parents had to go overseas - this was all set in stone before Lydia got so sick. Their one daughter has helped, too, but has a baby and husband. They're all exhausted. Mom will stay there today, and send the son home to get some sleep.

The pics below were taken her grandson's wedding about two years ago. I love the 'crooked' smile...it is so Lydia.

pomtzu
02-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Prayers for your Aunt Lydia, that when the end is imminent, her passing will be peaceful.