PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Kitsch?

RICHARD
02-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Does anyone have kitchen kitsch?

I love the "Antique Road Show" when people bring out stuff they have in the kitchen.

I have some pics of an avocado serving set that I love.

It belonged to my mom-it's a giant avocado with a spoon/ladle and two small avocado salt and pepper shakers.

It's put away-I'll post the pics when I find them....

I know people do collect stuff like that and was wondering what is out there!

RICHARD
02-22-2010, 10:21 PM
My avocado, right before I put it away!

Karen
02-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Oh, gosh, you've all seen my hot chocolate pot ... I've got stuff in the basement you'd probably love!

happylabs
02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
I have my Grandma's Cow Cookie Jar. I will have to take a photo and post it. It has to be 80+ years old. It is up on a shelf and probably very dusty. :)

RICHARD
02-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I have my Grandma's Cow Cookie Jar. I will have to take a photo and post it. It has to be 80+ years old. It is up on a shelf and probably very dusty. :)

Please! cookie jars ROCK!

My grandmother had a set of dishes that were white and blue, The pattern was of an Asian town. Along the rim of the plates were kissing fish!

The other set was the ceramic 'corn' stuff. I remember a butter dish that had the shape of an ear of corn-it was very unique and novel.

I think we can look at a pictures of a chocolate pot again?:D

Medusa
02-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Oh I wish I still had the cast iron frying pan light that was my dad's. It had a chicken and an egg painted in the frying pan w/a light and lamp shade attached to the top. He had it when I was a little girl and it hung in our kitchen for years. It was passed to me when my (then) husband and I were renovating the old farm house. However, when we divorced, he sold it w/out telling me. It's well over 60 years old. Talk about kitsch!

RICHARD
02-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh I wish I still had the cast iron frying pan light that was my dad's. It had a chicken and an egg painted in the frying pan w/a light and lamp shade attached to the top. He had it when I was a little girl and it hung in our kitchen for years. It was passed to me when my (then) husband and I were renovating the old farm house. However, when we divorced, he sold it w/out telling me. It's well over 60 years old. Talk about kitsch!

I know you have something else KITSCH.....Come on.....show us!

----------------

LOL,
I have a friend who has a unique kitchen...LOL, I'd marry her but she's way too smart for that nonsense!;)

Medusa
02-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I know you have something else KITSCH.....Come on.....show us!

I wish I did, Richard, but I really don't. That was it. :(

Daisy and Delilah
02-23-2010, 10:01 PM
I love the avocado set. Too cute!!! :D

happylabs
02-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Finally got the cookie jar down and photographed it for you Richard. Sorry it took me so long. I had to wait until somebody tall could get it down for me. :p

How perfect that she has a cat sitting on her back. And then some pics of the salt, pepper shakers, creamer and sugar. These were my Grammy Sweeley's. She passed away when I was only about 11 years old.

The cookie jar just has 3 initials on the bottom, almost like someone had made it in a ceramics class. The other say "Japan" on them.

RICHARD
02-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Finally got the cookie jar down and photographed it for you Richard. Sorry it took me so long. I had to wait until somebody tall could get it down for me. :p

How perfect that she has a cat sitting on her back. And then some pics of the salt, pepper shakers, creamer and sugar. These were my Grammy Sweeley's. She passed away when I was only about 11 years old.

The cookie jar just has 3 initials on the bottom, almost like someone had made it in a ceramics class. The other say "Japan" on them.

I fricking love it......
Grammy Sweely had really good taste!:) Don't apologize for making me wait, THAT was worth it.

Here in Cal Lee Fuh Nee ah, stuff like your collection lasts earthquake to earthquake!