PDA

View Full Version : The return of Tiggerrooooo--IN HIS FOREVER HOME!!!

jennielynn1970
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Or, as he has been renamed by his adopted family, RUPERT. I'm so not fond of that name. Rupert. That's an ugly kitty name! Poor guy!!

Well, Friday I got an email that there was something amiss in Rupert's household and the family decided that to solve the problem was to get rid of Rupert.

The story was told like this (in bits and pieces...).
Rupert and Mr. Fuzzy Paws aren't getting a long.

Mr. Fuzzy Paws is beating up on Rupert.

Rupert is peeing and peeing and peeing on the beloved papasan chair in the family room. Heavens!!!

RUPERT MUST FIND ANOTHER HOME.

Oh, yeah. They forgot to add that they added a new kitten to their home back in September 2009. The kitten upset the apples on the applecart, and the house was in ruins. No one was getting along, and Mr. Fuzzy Paws started bullying Rupert.

Offending Kitten is returned to shelter.

Offending Rupert is still being bullied and is still offending the papasan chair.

RUPERT MUST FIND ANOTHER HOME.

Sooooooooo.... without further interruptions, here is Rupert, who will more than likely be renamed, I dunno. The name bugs me.

Oh, can you tell in the photos how welll he is acclimating?? He's been hissy, but not too bad. Growly, but not too bad with that either. He's scared, which is to be expected, but today, he just kinda shone. He's been sweet, talkative, and very much the camera ham!

carole
02-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Aww what a cutie patootie, are you saying you have adopted him, hope so, he looks lovely,have you renamed him yet?

jennielynn1970
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Have i adopted him..... ehhhhhh..... Not yet, lol. He's very sweet. He's very chatty and I'd love for him to blend into my furry family. Not sure my boyfriend would approve.

If I can find a good home for him, I will. He might be happier (and a reformed pee-er) if he's an only kitty.

We'll just have to see.

Karen
02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Rupert is a perfectly good name, after all, the actor who plays Ron Weasley is a Rupert ...

He's a handsome boy, and for some reason looks more Rupert than Tiggerish to me anyway!

Anikaca77
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM
He's grown up so quickly. He's so beautiful.

I have some pics when he first came to my place. He's so pretty.
Melissa

Medusa
02-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh Rupert is adorable! Love his little nose! I hope that he settles in just fine w/no pee problems and that all will be well w/boyfriend. :love:

catmandu
02-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Poor Rupert.:(
That must be traumatic for that Sweet Cat to be bullied and then forced out of his home.:(
We are praying that he finds that Furrever Home where he will be treasured and loved.:love::love::love:

jennielynn1970
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
well, my boyfriend tells me tonight that he likes Rupert more than a few of my other cats, lol (honeybun, who is old and smelly, lol, and jorgie who is just a scaredy cat about everything and everyone).

He's not too ready to have him find another home, lol. glad he's not, cause neither am I (and I make the decisions around here about pets, not him!).

jennielynn1970
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Rupert is a perfectly good name, after all, the actor who plays Ron Weasley is a Rupert ...

He's a handsome boy, and for some reason looks more Rupert than Tiggerish to me anyway!

It's just so..... FORMAL. and OLD.

I dunno... I guess he can stay a Rupert, lol.

Taz_Zoee
02-22-2010, 06:26 PM
He is adorable! And right now I am watching Survivor and Rupert is on there. It's an all star cast and Rupert won his season. I don't think it's too bad of a name. But if you want to change it then go for it! What does Dave think of the name?

pomtzu
02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
He's gorgeous - and I like the name Rupert - it's different. I had a big tuxie by the name of Mortimer - I adopted him when he was 4 and already named - so couldn't change it. The name really suited him well tho....:p

Glad he'll be staying with you. From the looks of those pics, he's already quite comfy with the new arrangement. :)

Queen of Poop
02-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Call him Roo.

Short for Rupert and Tigerooooo.

He sure is cute, and a keeper!!!:love:

katladyd
02-22-2010, 09:42 PM
You could shorten Rupert to Perty Boy. That would fit him!:)

columbine
02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Roo Purrrrrt. He's adorable! Welcome HOME, lovely boy. :love:

Love, Columbine

Catty1
02-22-2010, 10:35 PM
There is a town in northern British Columbia called Prince Rupert. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Rupert_of_the_Rhine

krazyaboutkatz
02-23-2010, 12:58 AM
He's so handsome.:) Hopefully you'll be able to adopt him and he'll fit in with your other furkids without any problems. I'd probably want to change his name too. Before I adopted Sky his name was Herman. I hated it and Sky also seemed to hate it because he wouldn't even look at me when I called him Herman. Now when I call him Sky he looks at me and responds. Good luck.:)

Cataholic
02-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Rupert beats RuPaul.

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Whatever his name, he is SUPER HANDSOME!!!

phesina
02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
There is a town in northern British Columbia called Prince Rupert. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Rupert_of_the_Rhine

I see there's also a town in Edmonton named Prince Rupert, AND there's the Rupert River in Quebec.. all named for him.

Clearly he has made a big impression in Canada!

phesina
02-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Clearly the name Rupert is very nice in its own right, but if you don't really like it for him, then that's a good reason to change it. Does it remind you of his adoption-bailer-outer?

How long did those turkeys* have him anyway? (Clearly some time before Sept. '09, when they added a third kitty to the mix.) Did they even try to work out the adjustment problems?

Does he respond to the name Rupert? If he does, I like the suggested variation ROOO - PURRRRT!

Regardless of how he decides you are to address him, I'm so glad to hear that he is already adjusting so well and that your boyfriend likes him too.

You are home at last, beautiful kitty boy with the adorable face and the lovely fur!

Luvvies to you from us :love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

*My apologies for maligning a noble bird.

jennielynn1970
02-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Possible new home for Rupert this weekend. A woman, who is handicapped, and has a family of other kitties and one pup, wants to adopt him. She is a friend of Dave's so, we'll see how it goes!!!

jennielynn1970
02-27-2010, 11:33 AM
So, today Rupert gets to meet and greet his possible new family! I'm excited for him, but also sad. He's such an awesome cat, I wish I could keep him, but I know that for my household, 5 is enough (or too much), and the happy medium we have with my cats is always ready to be broken and ending in havoc with one cat hiding in a corner and the "winner" sleeping on my bed, lol. It's just not a good scene, and adding one more to the mix will just upset the applecart even more (gosh I just used the terminolgy his former owner used, ick.). But the apples on the applecart analogy is just so appropriate for how this household is. Sometimes the apples are all good and happy where they are, and then sometimes, there's one too many apples, lol.

So, wish us luck with today's venture, and hope that he will enjoy meeting his potential new family.

orangemm
02-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Aww, I'd be sad, too...he looks like such a lovey!:love::love: (and I think his name is kinda cute...........):D

3Catcondo
02-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Jenn,
How did the meet and greet go?

Amy

jennielynn1970
02-27-2010, 11:41 PM
The meet and greet went sooooo well!!! He cried the entire way there, breaking my heart, but as soon as we got there, he hopped out of the carrier, started sniffing around and was really social!!! NOTHING like when he first came here. He just seemed so at ease and so friendly, like he trusted us and trusted that we would not let anyone hurt him.

He spend the evening in the bedroom of the teenage girl, I was told, and everyone has been visiting him and loving on him, and he's doing marvelously! I'm sooooo happy for him!!!

So, hopefully, things will all go well, this will be his FINAL and PERMANENT home and we'll be getting lots of updates via Facebook!! I"ll send pics on here when I get them!

jennielynn1970
02-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh yeah, and she's renaming him, lol. She didn't like RUPERT either, lol. She said she thinks she can live with Tigger, but she's thinking on a new name. So, we'll see. He didn't really answer to either name, so maybe a new one that fits him is in order. ;)

blue
02-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Good to hear, best wishes to Tiggerroo in his new home.

Pinot's Mom
02-28-2010, 09:23 AM
I hope everything works out as well as it seems - good luck, Rupert! ;)

Catty1
02-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Happy new home Tiggert - er, Rupooo - er, your new loving family will figure it out! ;):D:love:

Queen of Poop
02-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Oh Roo I am so happy for you!! :love:

catmandu
02-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Thats great news for Rupert and Pouncer Roccalno , although I think the Roccalno will go and she will be Pouncer, in tribute to my Number One Cat.
Thats great news that Our Cats found a place where they can be at home!!
:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
02-28-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Rupert has now found a loving forever home.:)

jennielynn1970
03-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Getting updates from his new family and they just adore him!! I'm soooo happy for him and for them! They said he's such a big mush that when they give him loves, he just "falls over like a tipped cow". (now how many of you know about cow tipping?! :p).

Yay for good news!!!

smokey the elder
03-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Congrats on Tigger's new home! My SO grew up in Wisconsin; I know about cow tipping.:D