PDA

View Full Version : Walter Koenig's (ST Chekov) son is missing in Canada - sad update #5

Catty1
02-21-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-etchi-growing-pains-actor-andrew-koenig-missing,0,7291938.story

Former 'Growing Pains' actor reported missing in Canada

Tribune Wire Services

February 21, 2010 | 11:02 a.m.

Andrew Koenig, who played Boner on the show "Growing Pains," has been reported missing, the Vancouver police tells TMZ.com.

He reportedly was last seen a week ago; Koenig was supposed to be on a flight back to the United States on Feb. 16, but didn't make it.

Koenig's parents told TMZ that their son suffers from depression had not been doing well in the days leading up to his disappearance.

Judy and Walter Koenig (who played Pavel Chekov, in the "Star Trek" series) tell TMZ the last time heard from their son was on Feb. 9. They say his cell phone is turned off and that they have learned the last time his phone received a text was on Feb. 16 in Vancouver.

The Koenigs tell TMZ they plan to fly up to Vancouver in the next few days, adding that they feel the Vancouver police have been doing a good job so far.

Copyright © 2010, Chicago Tribune

Scooter's Mom
02-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Hopefully he's alright.

From first hand experience, I know depression is nothing to mess with.

RICHARD
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
When Boner disappears, something is wrong!:rolleyes:

Alysser
02-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I love Chekov in TOS. :p

I hope he's okay, that must be an awful gut-wrenching feeling for any parent. :( I always hate hearing stories like this.

Catty1
02-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Those poor parents...I wish I could hug them.

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/tv/2010/02/25/13029091.html

Cops: Body found could be Koenig’s

By KRISTEN McKENZIE, QMI Agency

Last Updated: February 25, 2010 7:29pm

A body found in Stanley Park earlier today is believed by Vancouver Police to be that of missing Growing Pains actor Andrew Koenig.

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?src=http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/tv/2010/02/25/koenig256.jpg&size=248x186

The Vancouver Police Department will release more details regarding the body's discovery at a press conference Thursday evening. The Koenig family will be there.

Koenig, 41, is the son of Star Trek actor Walter Koenig and has been missing since Feb. 14.

The Venice, Calif. native had been visiting friends in West Vancouver before he disappeared. Andrew was expected back in Los Angeles Feb. 16, but he never arrived.

His father told a press conference on Wednesday that Andrew suffered from depression.

Andrew is best known for his role as Boner on the sitcom Growing Pains. His co-star Kirk Cameron said earlier this week he was praying for Andrew and encouraged the actor to call him if he needed help.

Scooter's Mom
02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I just came here to post this.
I am saying prayers for his family and friends. :(

Catty1
02-25-2010, 08:28 PM
This from another article:

He had stopped taking medication for depression about a year ago, said his father, one of the stars of the original "Star Trek" series.

jeeez...I did that once. I am surprised he lasted a year. :eek::(

Alysser
02-25-2010, 08:36 PM
:( This is so sad, I wish this could have ended differently. I loved Walter Koenig in ST, loved Chekov - to see him standing there crying at the press conference was pretty difficult. May his son RIP, and may his parents find comfort. :love:

Marigold2
02-27-2010, 02:20 PM
This is very very sad, anyone who knows and loves a person with depression understands that often it is a lifelong battle and you are always a bit afraid the person will slip. It 's the same with someone who drinks or takes drugs and falls off the wagon. Painful for all. I hope his parents are able to find some peace soon.

Catty1
02-27-2010, 02:44 PM
It appears he didn't want to be found. He was deep in the bush in the park...and used a tree...

What a horrible thing for his parents - and everyone - to see. :(

But I also know when things get really dark, you can't see outside your own head.

RIP and wishing peace to his family and friends.

phesina
02-27-2010, 07:19 PM
I am so sorry about this. How very sad for everyone concerned. My very deepest wishes that he is resting in peace now, after such bleakness and despair.

And my very deepest sympathy to his family and all the others who love him dearly and would have done anything to spare him this if he'd only been able to receive and accept their loving care.

happylabs
02-27-2010, 08:34 PM
So very sad. I was praying they would find him still alive. Saw the press conference. His father was so broken. Must be one of the worst things in the world to lose a child this way.

Catty1
02-27-2010, 08:36 PM
I really admire his dad in the way he reached out to those who suffer with depression and those who know them. Very brave, in spite of how haggard and devastated he is.