PDA

View Full Version : May I Share Someone I'm Very Proud Of?

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Besides the furkids, and other non-human kids we've had over the years, my husband and I never had a human kid. However, the kids I babysat are very near and dear to our hearts. I am particular proud of the now-young-lady 'little girl' I used to care for. I'd like to share a video clip of her with her ladies choir singing at a spaghetti dinner sponsored by the boosters club for the performing arts at their school.
The video will zoom in on Erika...she's one of the ladies with a black top-hat-type-hat on (she's in front of the young lady with the wide brim hat on):
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5flR7aFb9g

If through this link you can access the other videos on my YouTube page, feel free to take a gander! I can't believe how talented all these young kids are!

Daisy and Delilah
02-21-2010, 03:07 PM
It is a great rendition of one of my favorite songs. The group sounds really good. She looks like a girl that may go on and pursue a career in music and possibly dancing? I'm thinking of the movie "Fame".
Thanks for sharing. No wonder you're so proud of her. I really enjoyed it.:)

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Thank you!
I do believe she will attempt to pursue some sort of theatrical or show-biz path in life.
She goes to school at 7am for extra voice coaching, etc. She belongs to a dance group as well as the choir.
She has tried out for and made the All South Jersey Choir the last two years--that show was a couple weeks ago.

moosmom
02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
WOW!!! You have every right to be proud!! Now if only MORE kids could turn out like them!!!

You ROCK as a "foster" mama, Pat!! I see a future "American Idol" in our midst!

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks Donna!
Erika's Mom's name is Donna.
Can you believe, I provided childcare for 4 families between 1982 & 2005....3 of the Mom's were named Donna!!!

Erika has been a "drama queen" from about age 1. As a toddler, she would watch the shows on PBS. One called Bloopy's Buddies was popular. She'd get all excited and exclaim "Boopy Boopy Boopy"...she danced all the time to the songs on the different kids shows. And was always very talkative and outgoing.

She has several small parts in the schools Senior play...not to brag, but, she had a strong audition but because she is only a Freshman, the director couldn't give her a major part because students, parents and school board would've threw a fit. The major roles go to Seniors and some Juniors. She'll get her turn in a couple years! The play is March. Her dance school's recital is in May.

moosmom
02-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Those voices are fabulous!!!!

Surprized? Heck no! I'm surprized they didn't ask you to be the role model for the Kleenex Commercial (the one where you can try out Moms??). You would've been perfect for it!! I only wish you lived closer. I could've used some mothering.