PDA

View Full Version : For multiple cats...

catnapper
02-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Can you tell who jumps into bed at night without looking?

My coworker was surprised to hear I know who joined me in bed without looking. I can't imagine NOT knowing my cats well enough to know who they are without looking. I'm surprised at how shocked my coworker was.

Allen - he always settled on my right or sits on my stomach with his butt in my face :rolleyes:

Pouncer - tentatively jumps up, hisses at someone, jumnps off. Or settles on my tummy, with his twitchy tail tickling my nose.

Abby - Jumps up, sees other cats and flees across the bed.

Harry - Murps as he jumps up. Settles down right away and has the LOUDEST rusty purr.

Flutter - sits on the nightstand, mews a little, stares at me, and paws me. They she limps over and settles on my right side for head pets, or if my tummy is free, she stretches out across it. She actually gives me her face instead of her butt! :p

Trixie - She's a little bull in a china closet. She jumps up, wrestles someone, and settles in. She's also VERY vocal about being petted before settling in.

Mystic - jumps up, walks across us and pauses for us to pet him. He'll wait to be petted until you pet him and he'll then settle in. But he only let you pet him once.

Mikey - Meows as he jumps up as if to say "I'm here!" and settles in anywhere.

catmandu
02-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Well I know the Tubster Panther as the bed shakes with his tonnage~~~
Michael and Princess basically live on the bed, so I know thier prescence very well.:cool:
Joseph hops up by the pillow, and the Kids all jump on from the bookcase kamikaze style easily avoiding their Cat Dad!!!:love::love:
My Angels float down from the ceiling as gentle as the rain from Heaven :love::love::love:

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-21-2010, 01:43 PM
I pretty much know who is who by how they jump up or how they feel as they jump up.
Kit will usually trill when she jumps up.
Piper is the heaviest of the 3 who gets in bed with me usually before I fall asleep.
Molly doesn't usually come until the middle of the night and I wake up with her ON me somewhere. But if she jumps up when I'm awake, I know it's her as she'll also trill but in a different tone than her sister, Kit.
I also know who is who by the position they settle in.
Kit will snuggle up next to my side if I read for awhile, but moves to the foot of the bed when I shut the light off.
Piper will lay on my legs pelvic level for some pets before moving to the foot of the bed, where Kit sometimes will give a big hiss at her warning her not to snuggle if she isn't in the mood.
I also know who is who of these three by feeling them. All three have a different texture too their fur.
My fourth girl, Philly, prefers to sleep alone downstairs.

Freedom
02-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Most of them I can identify. In fact, when I can't tell who it is, I completely wake up! :rolleyes:

aTailOf2Kitties
02-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Toby is heavier and usually jumps on my upper half. Havoc usually jumps up towards my feet. If I happen to almost see the cats in the dark I can tell the difference because Toby has a wider head and his ears are more rounded and farther apart. If that fails all I have to do is touch them. Toby's fur is a whole lot thicker and softer than Havoc's.

phesina
02-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Elmer flings himself up into the air and lands on me and the bed wherever.. Sparkler drags herself up the side of the bed with her front paws and spills over onto the top.. Poppy jumps up gently and settles herself either on my tummy or else on the pillow just past the top of my head so she can groom my "fur"... Sydney jumps up and settles down near my hands and face so he can easily arouse me when it's time for me to serve their breakfast (any time from 1:30am on)..

Bob is the only one who doesn't jump up on the bed.. He just wobbles up to me when I'm sitting on the couch or here at the computer, so I can pick him up and hold him on my lap.

katladyd
02-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Ming, in all his 20 lb. glory, jumps on the bed and literally causes it to vibrate. He will always sleep by my feet or across my legs. Mac jumps up by my feet and immediately makes his way to my chest and sprawls across me, purring, while he gets his pets. Sometimes he love to make biscuits while he's up there. If Mac is somewhere else, Ming will cautiously make his way up my legs and tap my face with his paw and murp, as only a Siamese can, get a couple pets, and return to my feet.

Catlady711
02-21-2010, 09:31 PM
If Bear jumps on the bed you can't mistake 17lbs of cat landing. lol

Hard to tell with Sassy & Sabrina, they both weigh similar, however Sabrina usually goes right for hubby's side while Sassy heads for my nightstand, turns around, then lays by my knees and pins me in the covers, if she's cold she heads for under the covers on my side. The whole time Sassy is doing what I call her 'squeaky purr'.

Jack rarely jumps on the bed when there are people in it.

Pooky makes a 'maaarrrooow' whine if he's heading to my pillow wanting under the covers, otherwise he settles down on my feet where he jumped up at.

Cami used to sneak in after I was asleep and settle down between my knees, now that she's relegated to live in a separate room, I really miss her doing that.

Josh has a whole routine when he goes to bed. First he races to get to my pillow before I even get in the room. He dances around on my pillow for a bit until hubby gets settled, then goes under the covers on his side. Once I get in bed he gets out, walks across the pillows, pushes his feet in my hair (which usually hurts), sticks his cold nose and tickling whiskers in my face and purrs very loudly in my ear. He tries to nose his way under the covers and if no one is already there I'll let him under and he goes in and lays down with his fluffy tail in my face. After about 10 minutes when hubby and I are just starting to go to sleep, Josh will get out, walk across the pillows, flipping his tail in both our faces, and proceed to get back under the covers on hubby's side. It's quite the routine and we go through this every night!

I can identify all the cats at night, in the dark by feel, and some (Sassy, Josh, Pooky) by their purring.

cassiesmom
02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Well I know the Tubster Panther as the bed shakes with his tonnage~~~
Michael and Princess basically live on the bed, so I know their presence very well.:cool:
Joseph hops up by the pillow, and the Kids all jump on from the bookcase kamikaze style easily avoiding their Cat Dad!!!:love::love:
My Angels float down from the ceiling as gentle as the rain from Heaven :love::love::love:

T. Panther! I would love to have my bed shaken with your precious tonnage! Mmwah!
Michael and Princess, you are in place already when it is time for sleep. Mmwah, mmwah!
Joseph, it sounds like up by the pillow is your spot :) Mmwah!
And Kitten Kids, maybe jumping from the bookcase to the bed for sleep should be a cat-Olympic sport! *kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskiss* (few extras)
Cassie Kitty will meow at me until I arrange myself into her desired position (feet against the headboard, right hand underneath the pillow, left hand free for petting her) and give a little soft "murp" when she hops up onto the bed. Stinker.

Taz_Zoee
02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
When I had multiple cats (:() I could tell simply because Taz was much bigger than Paizly, or Taz would growl at Paizly. But then toward the end he actually weighed a little less than her. But he (Taz) would come up right to my face to settle in. And she (Paizly) will sleep in the curve of my stomach when I'm on my side.

I can sometimes tell the dogs apart when they jump up too. Mostly because when Taggart gets on the bed he immediately flops his head down and Zoee will either sit with her head up for a while or gently lay her head on her paws. I can also tell the dogs by the feel of their coats. Zoee's is much thicker than Tagg's.

Gin
02-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Yes, I can tell. Sasquatch is the large lump reclining beside my knees. Missy is either sleeping on my pillow or kneading my upper arm and purring loudly in my ear. Striker is curled up with Sasquatch, unless it's time to get up and eat breakfast, in which case he's knocking things off my nightstand and patting my face.

Kalei
02-24-2010, 06:45 PM
lol, some people...cats all have different personalities and ways about them so why wouldn't someone know them by how they jump on the bed?

When I had my Bobo, I could tell if it was Bobo or Kalypso jumping up on my bed.

dehlers43
02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
It's easy to tell the difference between my two - Franklin weighs about twice as much as Chelsea.....:)
When in bed I can also tell what kind of mood they are in without actually seeing them. Chelsea will gradually tense up before she whacks at Franklin (sometimes a momcat need some alone time!) and Franklin has a certain "feel" when he is about to drop some toy on my chest, wanting to play.
Nothing special - just the stuff any cat person knows about their purrkids...:love: