PDA

View Full Version : guilty Pleasures

sparks19
02-20-2010, 12:36 PM
What are your guilty pleasures? come on we all have at least one :D

I have a couple lol

First is...

The Young and the Restless. I NEVER miss an episode and always have it set to record JUST in case :) I've been watching it for years and don't imagine I will stop anytime soon lol.

another is...

Nip/Tuck. it's my smutty indulgence lol. It's so trashy but I love it. I'm sad this is the last season. It's SO over the top but I think that's what I love about it. you never WHAT could happen.

I'm sure I have more that I will think of as the thread goes on :)

so come on... spill it. :)

pomtzu
02-20-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm thinking more along the food line.....

Mine would be ice cream - the richer, the better. And seeing that I am both lactose intolerant and have IBS, I shouldn't touch it. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes down to it, and I pay the price. Awww heck - it tasted good on the way down.........:p

sparks19
02-20-2010, 01:03 PM
OH another guilty pleasure.

Every Tuesday when Hannah goes to day care I just HAVE to start my day with a Mcdonalds bacon, egg and cheese bagel and a large coffee lol. my day just doesn't go right if I don't have that for my breakfast that day lol

Alysser
02-20-2010, 01:09 PM
MOSTLY (;)) foods, foods that are generally horrible for you like - Milk Shakes, Egg creams, root beer floats, and the like..:rolleyes: I have a liking for unhealthy things.

I am a huge hater of reality TV but I find "wife swap" funny when there are tantrums and spats.

sparks19
02-20-2010, 01:38 PM
HAHA oh yes... wife swap is another indulgence of mine when Hannah goes to daycare on tuesdays. It's on lifetime for three hours in the afternoon and I always end up watching them all while I'm cleaning lol

Medusa
02-20-2010, 01:50 PM
I have many pleasures but I don't feel guilty about any of them. What does that make me? :eek:

pomtzu
02-20-2010, 02:08 PM
I have many pleasures but I don't feel guilty about any of them. What does that make me? :eek:

Smarter than a 5th grader...............:D

And with a guilt free conscience. ;)

Pembroke_Corgi
02-20-2010, 02:14 PM
I wear sweat pants all day unless I leave the house...:o

Grace
02-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Dove Dark Chocolate

Books, books, and more books.

Hockey

Boston Red Sox

But as Mary said, I feel no guilt with any of these.
Well, maybe the books . . . . my stack keeps getting bigger by the minute.

sparks19
02-20-2010, 03:35 PM
perhaps guilty pleasure wasn't the right phrase lol

I don't feel guilty for watching Y&R either... but it's my little escape so to speak lol. and then I need to find other people to talk about what happened on the show that day. Brian humors me but really what does he care lol he doesn't watch it. So i found a forum. Now I can indulge myself

so maybe indulgent pleasures :)

cassiesmom
02-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Sleeping way later than I should on Saturdays.

Casper
02-20-2010, 05:44 PM
There is a small diner just outside of town that has the best cheese sticks I have ever tasted. They are homemade and so delicious dipped in marinara sauce.... I have been guilty of eating one and a half orders before (there are six in each order). :o I only allow myself to have them once a month, though... I have an intolerance to dairy products and I usually have to pay for indulging in them. Its totally worth it, though.

Grace
02-20-2010, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=sparks19;2239493

so maybe indulgent pleasures :)[/QUOTE]

I like that - very indulgent pleasures http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/fan.gif

Miss Z
02-20-2010, 06:27 PM
- Going out to buy something specific that I need, and then ending up ‘accidentally’ coming home with that dress that called to me from the shop window…

- Turning songs up really loud when I’m on my own in the house, and dancing around stupidly through the house to them. And then realising the window cleaner has seen most of the performance.

- Walking into the very snobbish designer shops, the kind that look down on you if you don’t look like you’re wearing thousands of £s worth of tat, and pretending to be very interested in the bank-breaking sunglasses. Getting to the point of opening my purse and saying - ‘Oh no, I’m out of cash! I’ll be back in a minute’. And then not going back, ever again.

- Pretending to be fast asleep when the ticket conductor comes along on trains.

- Annoying the heck out my male friends by walking into a fashion shop, spending ages walking round saying ‘ooh, that’s nice’, taking a good while in the changing room, then deciding not to buy anything. And then walking to the shop next door and repeating the same. Many, many times.

- As a rule, I hate, hate, hate romantic films, but I will watch ‘Love Actually’ on repeat all day. It feels so wrong. :p

- Getting on a bus filled with people, and casually extracting a medical journal from my bag, not really understanding half of what I’m reading, but looking as absorbed as possible, and throwing in a few good nods for added effect.

- Using 'big brown-eyed innocent face' when trying to deny I knew about something... when I did, and stupidly forgot.

- Knowing I have to get up at a certain time to do something, but hitting the snooze button anyway.

- Being the only female in a group of guys, and giving any other females in the vicinity the ‘ooooh yeeeeah’ look.

- Fridge-raiding.

- Guiltiest, guiltiest pleasure: being the one who drinks the least at a party. Yep, may sound pretty boring, but oh it is fun when you can decide to have an early morning vacuum of the rooms in which the other party-goers have crashed. Rise and shine!

… I, honestly, do not know how I live with myself.

Hope this gave you a laugh, it shocked me! :eek:

Suki Wingy
02-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Secret Diary of a Call Girl. :o

Cookiebaker
02-20-2010, 07:00 PM
leaving DD with her daddy, and spending the WHOLE DAY painting at the pottery shop. I always feel a little guilty because I feel like I am goofing off, and leaving DH to take care of Lydia for no good reason. But its such an amazing de-stressor, and creative outlet that I crave. In fact, that's where I spent the whole day, today!! :D

Karen
02-20-2010, 07:04 PM
- Guiltiest, guiltiest pleasure: being the one who drinks the least at a party. Yep, may sound pretty boring, but oh it is fun when you can decide to have an early morning vacuum of the rooms in which the other party-goers have crashed. Rise and shine!

Hee hee - I can give you tips how to do that stealthily! Ginger ale with very little ice, or even better, ginger ale with orange juice - look like something far more alcoholic. And a dash of cranberry juice and they'll think it something even more exotic. I decide not to drink halfway through freshman year, and having something in my hand was far less likely to draw stares. I remember far more stories of classmates than they remember of themselves! ;) It's awfully fun!

Though I once went out with a bunch of people after work once we were all in the "real" world, and a friend whom I went to college with got me a drink from the bar when she got hers. Mine was orange juice and ginger ale, and I was thirsty, so I drank it straight down in about a minute. Afterwards, I noticed one woman who hadn't been out with us before staring at me - turns out she was convinced I had just downed a "screwdriver" and was waiting for me to keel over drunk!

Daisy and Delilah
02-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Lobster with tartar sauce.......YUM!!!

Any flavor of Dove chocolate.

Mountain Dew.:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
02-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Greys Anatomy...I LOVE that show
Loud music...especially in the car. I won't do it at night and in neighborhoods but downtown is fair game lol.
chocolate...mmmm

moosmom
02-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Hhmmmm, let's see...a nice hot bath with complete with burning candles, classical music and...

Godiva Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries
Edies "Take the Cake" Ice Cream

I think that just about says it all.

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Guilty Pleasures:

Squirting chocolate syrup straight from the bottle into my mouth
Squirting canned whipped cream straight into my mouth
Listening to my Partridge Family and Brady Bunch CD's

Roxyluvsme13
02-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.

Blaring my rock music really, really loud in an effort to blast the neighbors. I only do it when they turn their music up really loud though.

Also blaring my rock music really loudly in the car and getting evil glares from my mother :D

And of course, singing along to songs at the top of my lungs and inheriting really weird stares from my mother and anyone in cars beside us :D

pomtzu
02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Guilty Pleasures:

Squirting canned whipped cream straight into my mouth

And I thought that was something exclusive to me and my crazy family....;):D

caseysmom
02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
And I thought that was something exclusive to me and my crazy family....;):D

Nope we know that trick too:D

carole
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I have quite a few indulgent pleasures i am happy to say.

Reading my book everyday, i am a reformed chocoholic, and now i am a bookaholic,a much healthier addiction.lol.

A Mcdonalds soft freeze ice cream at least once a week.

Watching my favourite British Soapies, Emmerdale Farm,Coronation Street.,along with my fav, NZ soapie Shortland Street.

Going out to a cafe at least once a month.,we try a new one if we can every time.

Going to the movies at least four times a year.

Buying a Weight Watcher magazine every now and then.

Spending time on PT.

moosmom
02-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh, oh!!! I have another one!!

A tablespoon FULL of caramel!!!!! That is AFTER I pour MOST of it on my ice cream with whipped cream, of course!

pomtzu
02-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Nope we know that trick too:D

Did you ever have a 2 can duel? :D My son and I did one time. It was fun, but clean up really sucked. The pups did more than their share in the cleanup - they loved it!!! :p:D

Grace
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
I do have a guilty pleasure - Celebrity Apprentice. I equate it to reading a trashy tabloid http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/2.gif

Bonny
02-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Rice Krispy Bars I love them & when I make a pan I can eat the whole pan in a day. It has been a good 3 years since I have made a pan Rice Krispy Bars. The last one I had was from a Qwik Trip about a month ago & the bar was a good 3 inches thick & square. It was humongous & oh so good. I make homemade angel food cake & can eat the whole thing in 3 days. Sweet Chunks are pickles in a thick sweet syrup, I put them up in the summer. They are yummy. Chocolate Hershey bars are good too. I like those marshmellow bunnies & chicks during the Easter season.

carole
02-21-2010, 08:05 PM
since we are on foodie indulgences, NUTELLA,NUTELLA,NUTELLA licking teaspoonfuls at a time oh yeah those were the days.:D

smokey the elder
02-22-2010, 02:37 PM
professional wrestling:D

kokopup
02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Since I cant eat, feeling like a voyeur reading about all of the Pet Talkers food indulgences. I spend a lot of time watching races and ball games on my Home Theater. Spending way to much time spoiling my best bud Koko. If you look up "rotten" in the dictionary you will see her picture.;):D

Husky_mom
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM
so far.. not much guilty pleasures.. unless until i can define guilty in my actions.. lol

but lately.. a weird pleasure is watching The Big Bang Theory.. not because of the show itself as I´ve loved it always.. but lately is to see Sheldon.. yeah you read that right..:o:rolleyes:.. I find him amusing and would be quite interesting knowing him.. the actor in character of course.. not one or the other.. both

just as I wrote this I thought of a guilty one.. hehe.. stashing cheese so no one can eat it but me.. in fct I have one stashed right now.. lol

DJFyrewolf36
02-22-2010, 08:54 PM
since we are on foodie indulgences, NUTELLA,NUTELLA,NUTELLA licking teaspoonfuls at a time oh yeah those were the days.:D

Nutella is just about the greatest food ever...combine with peanut butter for a real treat :D

anna_66
02-23-2010, 08:05 AM
I'd have to say my most "guilty" pleasure is going on vacation and leaving the dogs at home with their sitter. I always, always, always feel guilty about that:o

Indulgent & guilty pleasure-eating a whole sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints:eek:

Catherinedana
02-23-2010, 10:04 AM

I think I love you but what am I so afraid of? I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for!!! Hee hee!! Wonderful! That's like my entire childhood right there.

My indulgences usually come in book form. One of the best things ever is that my church has a book sale twice a year and we have a congregation of readers. I can get about 20 books for $30, then donate them back again and start from scratch 6 months later!!! I got Borders and B&N gift cards for Christmas which was nice but I really love used books since they have a life of their own.

I also can't seem to stop buying Native American flutes. They come in different keys with different tones depending on the wood they are made of and they also seem to have lives of their own. I am currently up to 14 including a bamboo "whistle" (which is actually an Irish penny whistle made of bamboo), a ceramic faux eagle bone whistle (that I LOOOOOVE) and a pan flute that I can't quite play yet. Oh! and a ceramic ocarina that I don't have the hang of yet either. I make all kinds of screechings with it and the birds go mad!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-23-2010, 10:08 AM
The West Wing....totally hooked on it, thank God for boxsets eh ;)

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Momto4FemaleFelines http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2239740#post2239740)

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
I think I love you but what am I so afraid of? I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for!!! Hee hee!! Wonderful! That's like my entire childhood right there.

Me, too! I LOVED David Cassidy! The first concert I ever went to in my life was a 1969 show of his in Philadelphia. All I remember is screaming! I have a picture somewhere around here.

My girl friends and I were into David and Bobby Sherman, but we never got into Donny Osmond.