PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Karen
02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
I am watching it this season, for the second year. Is anyone else watching?

This story from CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/19/idol.reject.ellen/index.html) made me think better of the judges, I loved that woman, and thought she deserved a shot.

sparks19
02-19-2010, 07:24 PM
I am watching this year and I must say I am VERY pleasantly surprised with Ellen. I didn' tknow how it would work with her as a judge because she is the kind of person that only wants to say positive things and she jokes around a lot but I was really happy to see she is taking is very seriously with a little humor thrown in.

And that article made me tear up. I too really liked her and couldn't believe she didn't make it. I thought there were others that didn't perform nearly as well as she did that made it. so glad to hear she is going to get her chance :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2010, 07:29 PM
I'll be watching this year. I think Ellen is funny!

They also lost one of the guys who originally was picked for the final 12 guys. He had had a record contract before but didn't tell them so he got booted. I can't remember who will replace him. Helpful, aren't I? :D

Karen
02-19-2010, 07:39 PM
I'll be watching this year. I think Ellen is funny!

They also lost one of the guys who originally was picked for the final 12 guys. He had had a record contract before but didn't tell them so he got booted. I can't remember who will replace him. Helpful, aren't I? :D

They said he - the "foster kid" - was replaced by Tim Urban.

Taz_Zoee
02-19-2010, 07:58 PM
They said he - the "foster kid" - was replaced by Tim Urban.

Chris Golightly was replaced by Tim Urban. I did notice they showed him at the end, but not during the reveal. I wasn't counting how many they put through though, so I didn't notice they were one short until they summarized the names at the end.

As for the Martin girl. I thought she should have made it over the young country girl, Haeley Vaughn. But hey, we aren't the judges. :p Yet!

Daisy and Delilah
02-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I haven't had time to watch this year. I'm gonna try to watch it this next week. I feel lost without it.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't watch it regularly but do tune in occasionally.

One of my husband's co-workers was on the show during the audition phase, but he didn't make it (you can see it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvJgR13m3Oc&feature=player_embedded)). I thought they were a little mean, so I think a nicer judge is a good change. He said that he actually sang two songs, the one on the show was not his best. Obviously they do a lot of editing to make it more fun to watch.

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, I've been watching it but sometimes I don't get home in time to see it all. I work late hours and I only have a VCR which I can't use to record any more since comcast have converted me over to HD. I don't have a DVR either. If I miss a show is there a link online where I can watch an entire show?

sparks19
02-20-2010, 07:49 PM
krazy have you tried hulu.com?

OK I looked around online but can't find a photo for him... which one was tim urban? i don't remember him

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2010, 07:53 PM
krazy have you tried hulu.com?

OK I looked around online but can't find a photo for him... which one was tim urban? i don't remember him

Thanks. I just looked and it said that full episodes aren't available for online streaming at this time.:(

sparks19
02-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks. I just looked and it said that full episodes aren't available for online streaming at this time.:(

Oh boo....

hmmm I don't know where else you might find them :(

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Here's a link to Tim Urban:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvjrQNOoPiA.

sparks19
02-20-2010, 11:01 PM
ahhh thank you :D now I remember him :)

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Having watched every season but the first, the audition part has gotten "old".
I will pay some attention to it as the top 24 start performing and will pay even closer attention to it as the numbers get whittled down.
Problem is, baseball season will be starting soon and the Phillies take precedent over any other tv show, including Survivor and Big Brother!

I have to agree that I was pleasantly surprised with what I've seen of Ellen being on the judging panel. Not that I'm an "Ellen hater/disser", I just don't know much about her and didn't know how she'd be.

Karen
02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Did anybody watch this week? Some of the "top 24" I found much less impressive this go 'round.

Kalei
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
I watched the show where they were telling people whether they got into the top 24 or not...and I was mad that they didn't take that nice woman. It was her 3rd time trying and she has such a great voice...I just don't understand why they won't pass her through...it's weird.

I really like Ellen on there so far though, I think she makes the place a much happier atmosphere :)

I didn't get to watch the last show, but I want to watch the rest...what days is the show on?

Karen
02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Tonight is "results night" for the both the women and the men.

I'd check Fox.com for next week's schedule ... I rely on my DVR recording it whenever it is on!

Kalei
02-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Tonight is "results night" for the both the women and the men.

I'd check Fox.com for next week's schedule ... I rely on my DVR recording it whenever it is on!

Oh wow, I love those DVR thingys, we don't have one yet, but the parents I live with have one and it is so neat how you can record your shows like that. They are definately convenient :)

Thanks for letting me know, I will be watching them tonight!

lvpets2002
02-25-2010, 03:01 PM
:) Well have you all been seening our local boy Casey James?? Casey is from Cool Tx inwhich is about 5 miles from MW.. Its a very very small town.. Casey James is doing real good.. He is in the top 24..

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-25-2010, 03:21 PM
I pretty much saw all the women and men sing the last two nights.
3 or 4 of the women were pretty bad. Most of the men, either their nerves got to them or they made really bad song choices, but there were only 4 I enjoyed to any extent.

I'm terrible and remember who sang what, and don't know a lot of the songs they choose....and I'm also terrible at remembering who is who until they get whittled down to the top 12.

I like the girl who plays the harmonica and guitar, she sang a Melissa Ethridge song. I also thought Simon was too hard on, I think it was the last girl who sang...I thought she sounded pretty good. The girl who sang the Heart song, and the one who sang Landslide, they were pretty awful, IMO.
I like the "Jim Morrison wannabe" but he needs to bring his OWN personality into things. The '?' Lynche guy was good as was the blond surfer-dude-looking guy and the last guy.

I will get more interested in this when it's down to the top 12.

Daisy and Delilah
02-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Did anybody watch this week? Some of the "top 24" I found much less impressive this go 'round.

I couldn't agree more. Where are the good singers in this group? I could count them on less than one hand.:(

Karen
02-25-2010, 04:37 PM
:) Well have you all been seening our local boy Casey James?? Casey is from Cool Tx inwhich is about 5 miles from MW.. Its a very very small town.. Casey James is doing real good.. He is in the top 24..

That's neat that he's so near you! He did a pretty good job last night, better than many of the others.

And the girl with the harmonica- that's Crystal Bowersox, and I thought she did a great job. And I also thought that the woman who sang "Landslide" killed a perfectly nice song.

krazyaboutkatz
02-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I've been able to get home in time to watch it. This year I agree with Simon in that the women seem like they have better singers than the men so a woman should win this year. I liked Crystal Bowersox but I thought she sang a song by Alanis Morissette. I also liked Siobhan Magnus who sang the Chris Issak song "Wicked Game." I ended up voting for both of them.

I thought that most of the men weren't very good at all. My favorite was Casey James. Although he's very handsome,he's also very talented and I voted for him. I also think that Andrew Garcia is very talented but I didn't care for the song that he chose to do on Wed. night. I loved his "Straight Up" performance during Hollywood week though.

I thought that Lacey Brown who sang "Landslide" should've gone home. She was horrible. I also thought that Haeley Vaughn who sang the Beatles song "I Want To Hold Your Hand" should've also gone home. There were so many bad songs that the men sang that it was hard for me to pick only 2 of them. Hopefully everyone will improve next week.

kuhio98
03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I watched American Idol last night for the first time in my life. I guess I thought they would be better. Haven't seen the guys yet, but from what I hear, they are pretty bad. I hope everyone gets better from week to week.

I watched because Lilly Scott is the daughter of my co-worker Greg. He said she was a wild child and would disappear for days until they could track her down. He said he's praying she makes the top 10 'cuz she needs a job.

So, I guess I'll be voting for Lilly (or Feathers as some of us call her because of her earrings). :D

Suki Wingy
03-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Is John Park still in? He went to my school and graduated a year before me.

Kalei
03-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Is John Park still in? He went to my school and graduated a year before me.

Wow, that's really cool! I like the asian guy on there, he is such a good singer! Plus my fiance is asian so I tend to notice them right away and he is a great singer!

Kalei
03-04-2010, 10:23 PM
If it was on tonight, I missed the show :( Is there another way to see it? What happened on it tonight?

Karen
03-04-2010, 10:29 PM
If it was on tonight, I missed the show :( Is there another way to see it? What happened on it tonight?

Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the show yet, don't scroll down!

Sadly, John Park and Jermaine (the church singer guy with the bow tie) were eliminated. Jermaine's version of the song was so bad I DVR-skipped over his singing of it tonight after the first several seconds.

For the women, the lovely Haeley - the African American teenager with the big flower in her hair, and Michelle Delamour of the beautiful looks but just okay performance also went home. Haeley's elimination was particularly heart-wrenching, and she barely made it through her "performance" as you could still see the tear tracks down her face, and in her voice, poor kid.

Kalei
03-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the show yet, don't scroll down!

Sadly, John Park and Jermaine (the church singer guy with the bow tie) were eliminated. Jermaine's version of the song was so bad I DVR-skipped over his singing of it tonight after the first several seconds.

For the women, the lovely Haeley - the African American teenager with the big flower in her hair, and Michelle Delamour of the beautiful looks but just okay performance also went home. Haeley's elimination was particularly heart-wrenching, and she barely made it through her "performance" as you could still see the tear tracks down her face, and in her voice, poor kid.

Thanks very much Karen. I just went on google to watch some of their performances. :)

Suki Wingy
03-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Aw that's too bad.

Daisy and Delilah
03-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I watched American Idol last night for the first time in my life. I guess I thought they would be better. Haven't seen the guys yet, but from what I hear, they are pretty bad. I hope everyone gets better from week to week.

I watched because Lilly Scott is the daughter of my co-worker Greg. He said she was a wild child and would disappear for days until they could track her down. He said he's praying she makes the top 10 'cuz she needs a job.

So, I guess I'll be voting for Lilly (or Feathers as some of us call her because of her earrings). :D

I like Lilly alot. She will most likely have a great job after the show, no matter what the outcome is.

Taz_Zoee
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I watch the show after it's over so I can forward through commercials and things I don't want to see. Ironically, I flipped through the performances of all four of the people that went home last night. So I felt America got it right.

Out of the girls, my favorites so far are: Lilly Scott, Crystal Bowersox and Siobahn Magnus.

Out of the guys: Casey James, Andrew Garcia and Lee Dewyze.

Overall they are not doing so well this season. They were so good during auditions, but are failing now. :( With the exception of most of the names I just listed above.

Karen
03-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I was sad to see Lilly Scott go, as she's got such a unique voice. Hopefully something good will come of her time on American Idol. I was really surprised she left before Katie Stephens, who seems like a really nice girl but is having trouble figuring things out, and Paige Miles, who did such a bad job on "Smile" this week, and seems to have just given up.

Momto4FemaleFelines
03-13-2010, 03:43 PM
In some ways, I am not surprised Lily went home. A very important week and she did not pick a song to highlight herself. I don't think she should have went home before some of the others, but she definitely did not have a stand-out performance to make people want to pick up the phone and vote for her....at least not in my opinion.

I didn't watch the guys' performance this past week so I can't say much about them.

After watching the women on week 3 of the countdown to the final 12, I thought Katie, Katelynn and Paige were in danger of going home. Katelynn did a horrible impression of Carole King. I don't even think she was really playing the keyboard, at least it didn't look like it to me. And Paige has not impressed me since day one. I never thought Lilly would go home before Paige, that is for sure! If it had been my choice, I would've sent Katelynn nad Paige home.

Karen
03-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Also, I had to mention this - for the first few songs on the guys' performance night, it was all things that are on my iPod! It was weird! And I just hafta say, I like the original version of Fireflies better than Lee Dewyze's version, it's such a whimsical song that it doesn't really fit a "rock" edge!

Daisy and Delilah
03-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Sorry to see Lilly go but she didn't do her best. She has a really unique voice so I hope she gets hired and has a great career. :)

Kalei
03-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah, Lilly just didn't have the voice I don't think, that some of the others did, and if she did she picked the wrong song. I was very happy to see Katie stay, I think she has a great voice :)

Momto4FemaleFelines
03-14-2010, 08:33 PM
I think Lily has a good voice, she just didn't put it to good use with the right song. I really don't think she should have gone home before Paige and don't think she would have if it were the judges that made the choice.

Kalei
03-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I think Lily has a good voice, she just didn't put it to good use with the right song. I really don't think she should have gone home before Paige and don't think she would have if it were the judges that made the choice.

Yeah, I definately agree about Paige, I didnt like her last performance at all, and Lilly should have been there oer Paige IMO.

Karen
03-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Okay, was last night's Reggae version of Under My Thumb by Tim Urban bizarre, or what? It's like he had no idea what the words actually meant, and was just singing them by rote. And it seemed weird for the 16-year-old Aaron to sing Angie, like he'd ever had the life experience to pull that off ... he sang it fine, if there was no picture, just sound ...

Who did you like or not last night?

Momto4FemaleFelines
03-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Okay, was last night's Reggae version of Under My Thumb by Tim Urban bizarre, or what? It's like he had no idea what the words actually meant, and was just singing them by rote. And it seemed weird for the 16-year-old Aaron to sing Angie, like he'd ever had the life experience to pull that off ... he sang it fine, if there was no picture, just sound ...

Who did you like or not last night?

I don't know what it was, but Rolling Stones night was a weird night for just about all the contestants. Some artists songs just can't be pulled off by others, especially novices such as idol contestants, IMO.

I agree with you on your comments about Tim and Aaron.

Although over-all I like Michael Lynch, his version of "Miss You" was just as bizarre as Tim's version of "Under My Thumb".

I'm really surprised that Andrew Garcia was not in the bottom three, because he who is who I would've sent home, I think, even before Tim.

I don't want to spoil things by saying who did go home because many may not have seen it yet.

Aaron did do quite well with Angie, and I had not been impressed with his previous performances.
Although I wasn't super impressed by anyone, I'm a total Crystal Bowersox fan.
I thought Casey, Lacey, Katie, Siobhan, and Lee, besides Aaron & Crystal, did okay...well enough to stay out of the bottom 3.
I didn't realize Paige had a country-fied sound to her until hearing her do Honky Tonk Women. Despite having laryngitis, she did okay. I liked the country vein that came out in her performance although previously I had not enjoyed her at all.

Daisy and Delilah
03-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I was torn tonight over which one would go home. I thought they all might go. No surprise.

I was blown away by Aaron's version of Angie. It was awesome.

I don't think the contestants picked the best Stones songs. Maybe not too many of my favorites, I guess.
I agree that the Stones are a little strange for that group.

Crystal Bowersox is really good. I love listening to her. She was right when she said there are some competitors in the group. It isn't real easy to pick who might win, in my opinion. Not yet. If I had to guess, I would guess Aaron.

I like, Katie, because of her story about her grandmother. Of course I think she's good but the story brings me to tears.

I think Casey is adorable. He is beyond cute. I also think Paige is an incredibly beautiful girl. She did a great job with laryngitis.

I loved Tim's version of Hallelujah last week but this week he was weird.

I can't figure out who DeDe is. I think that's her name. How could I have missed her every time she was on? Last night, I missed her too but I saw her tonight. Where have I been when she is on the screen?:confused:

Siobahn is good too. She reminds me of a girl that was on last season or the one before. The girl with many tattoos. Her husband was covered with tats. Can't remember her name but she was good.

Momto4FemaleFelines
03-18-2010, 09:09 AM
I was torn tonight over which one would go home. I thought they all might go. No surprise.

Assuming most folks have had a chance to see or hear the results, I would've sent Tim home of the 3 that were on the bottom.

I was blown away by Aaron's version of Angie. It was awesome.
It was very good.

I don't think the contestants picked the best Stones songs. Maybe not too many of my favorites, I guess.
I agree that the Stones are a little strange for that group.

Crystal Bowersox is really good. I love listening to her. She was right when she said there are some competitors in the group.
I don't think Crystal will win this, she doesn't fit the AI mold. But I think she will be much like Chris Daughtry and Clay Aiken...doesn't need to win to become successful through this experience. I absolutely love her and would probably buy her CD's.

I loved Tim's version of Hallelujah last week but this week he was weird.
I did not see the men perform last week.

I can't figure out who DeDe is. I think that's her name.
DeDe(or DiDi?) Benami...I don't think she'll be aboard for too many more weeks. She isn't awful but she also is nothing special.

Siobahn is good too. She reminds me of a girl that was on last season or the one before.
Are you thinking of Carly (?)....I have a horrible time remembering who is on from season to season unless I really "get into them" or they stand out in some way.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this season pans out!

Taz_Zoee
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Yes, it is Carly you are thinking of. I loved her too. As I love Crystal.

I'm going to assume anyone that hasn't watched the show will not look at this thread. I liked Lacey, but I HATED what she wore Tuesday night. It was awful!! And I do think there were some performances that were worse than hers this week. I would not have missed seeing Tim go home this week. He doesn't impress me.
My boyfriend was in the room with me when Aaron sang Angie. My boyfriend is a big music nut and knows the Stones. He didn't think Aaron did such a great job as the judges were praising him for.

Crystal is #1 for me right now. Over all.

I can't believe how bad this season is though. During auditions everyone was soooo great. And now they just aren't that good.......yet. I'm still holding out hope that we will see the people that were wonderful in auditions.

Daisy and Delilah
03-18-2010, 09:07 PM
It is Carly!! I love her! She was a guest on the show awhile back and she was fantastic. I wold love to see her come out with a CD I could buy. Does she have one?

Taz_Zoee
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Smithson) is her, Carly Smithson's, wikipedia page.
She is now the lead singer for a group called We Are the Fallen.

RICHARD
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I am not a fan of American Idol.

I am watching this documentary as I type this.

http://www.afghanstardocumentary.com/

If you like Idol? YOu will trip on this. Very cool and a trip.:)

Daisy and Delilah
03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Smithson) is her, Carly Smithson's, wikipedia page.
She is now the lead singer for a group called We Are the Fallen.

Thanks, Cindy. I'm glad to see she seems to be doing well. :)

Daisy and Delilah
03-22-2010, 09:44 PM
That's really cool, Richard. I love the way some of the women of those countries are fighting to be the people they should be. Awesome!!

I shudder to think how women are treated in those areas. So sad. :(

Daisy and Delilah
03-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I didn't seem to agree with almost anything the judges said tonight. I was questioning what was wrong with me by the middle of the show. They were right on some comments but they were criticizing some of the people I thought were good. Also praising some I thought weren't that good.

Crystal was awesome as always. Aaron was also very good I thought. I loved Casey too but the judges didn't seem to think he was so great. He's so cute, I could love him no matter what he does.;) Enough of the screaming from Siobhan(spelling?). She has officially overdone it.

Paige is probably going home. That was one of the worst vocals I've ever heard at this point of the season. She is so beautiful but she seemed to be a nervous wreck tonight.:(

Daisy and Delilah
03-24-2010, 10:30 PM
I hate to spoil it for anybody so I'll try not to.

The person that went home tonight could really sing at one time and really sang fairly well tonight. I guess I never paid too much attention until recently. It had to be a bad case of nerves and a couple of other things. Too bad.:(

BitsyNaceyDog
03-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Crystal was awesome as always. Aaron was also very good I thought. I loved Casey too but the judges didn't seem to think he was so great. He's so cute, I could love him no matter what he does.;) Enough of the screaming from Siobhan(spelling?). She has officially overdone it.

Paige is probably going home. That was one of the worst vocals I've ever heard at this point of the season. She is so beautiful but she seemed to be a nervous wreck tonight.:(
Justin and I said the same things while watching it the other night. One of Justin's all time favorite songs is 'Power of Love', he loved Casey's song choice and performance. Neither of us liked Siobhan's screaming, we're both over her. We didn't like Paige either, she was really bad. And I really disliked the boy with all the hair that did the slide across the stage (I want to call him Tim, but I'm not sure if that's right).

Taz_Zoee
03-25-2010, 09:38 AM
I think Siobhan has a good voice. But the judges praised her screaming (don't know why, but they did it with Adam Lambert too) so now she does it ALL the time. I'm glad Simon said what he did about the screaming. I could not stand Adam and his screaming. I'd actually fast forward through his performances. It seems to be getting to that point with Siobhan too. :(

Ok, I'm thinking if you haven't watched the results show yet you won't be reading this thread. Paige did horrible this week. But she did GREAT last night on her last song. Why couldn't she sing like that for the past few weeks?

And yes, the guy that slid is Tim. I was okay with the bottom three last night (except Katie, I really like her). So it didn't matter to me which one left.

I also thought the judges were all over the place with their comments. I thought Casey did great too. And then even amongst the judges it was like they were listening to two completely different performances sometimes.

I don't know. But I think I'm starting to be over this whole American Idol thing. It's not as exciting as it once was. I might tune in next season just to see how it is without Simon (if he really leaves). And of course, I will finish this season as well.

Daisy and Delilah
03-25-2010, 08:55 PM
I love Katie too. I was shocked to see her in the bottom three.

Karen
03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
So I read an interview with Paige after she left, and it said she was struggling with her health - high blood pressure and asthma as well as laryngitis - the whole time, which does explain her bad performances, as it is hard to have good breath support without breath ...

Sad, but probably better for her to stay home and get a handle on her medical issues before she takes the stage or to the road!

I was not surprised with any of the "bottom three," I do like Katie, but she has struggled in prior weeks ...

Karen
04-01-2010, 08:06 PM
So was anyone surprised at who left this week? It seemed pretty predictable. I DVR it, though, so didn't see - did they deliberate at all, or just tell her "It's unanimous, you're out" when she finished?

Momto4FemaleFelines
04-01-2010, 08:15 PM
So was anyone surprised at who left this week? It seemed pretty predictable. I DVR it, though, so didn't see - did they deliberate at all, or just tell her "It's unanimous, you're out" when she finished?

I wasn't surprised by who went home but wanted more for it to be someone else.

They didn't really deliberate. It looked like they discussed a little bit while she was singing her swan song (which I think isn't fair, it must be terribly distracting for the performer), and Simon either was faking dramatic suspense or wasn't 100% sure the vote was unanimous, because he didn't drop the ax immediately.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-02-2010, 07:04 AM
I wasn't surprised by who went home but wanted more for it to be someone else.

I agree. The one who went home has been one of my favorites from the beginning, but I really didn't see that person lasting too much longer. There were definitely others I was ready to see go though.

Pinot's Mom
04-02-2010, 07:28 AM
It was her time to go; she had taken it as far as she was going to go without further training. Very likable, though.

redbird
04-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I've been watching every week and I must say these are the worst group I have seen yet. When Lilly Scott was voted off I was as shocked as the judges were and I know they would've saved her if they could but she wasn't in the top 10 so they couldn't.

What the heck is Andrew Garcia still doing there, he should have been one of the first to go, he can't even carry a tune on most songs. There were many better than him and they are gone.

I don't have one favorite since none are all that good but my choices to be in the top 5 are, Casey James, Crystal Bowersox, and Lee Dewyze.

Michael Lynch is not as good as his big head thinks he is. Little Katie Stevens does not have the personaltiy and can't sing a song well all the way through, she's just way too young. Anyway these are just my choices but this group is pretty bad.

Pinot's Mom
04-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Crystal is my one and only choice. It is true, this lot leaves quite a bit to be desired!

Karen
04-16-2010, 02:13 PM
So I was not surprised Andrew Garcia was eliminated, he never seemed to live up to his initial audition, and I wasn't sure how he stuck around that long. It was sad to see Katie eliminated, but I am sure she will do well with her career, whatever she decides it is going to be!

Taz_Zoee
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Crystal has been my favorite from the beginning. I also like Lee.

Big Mike has got a BIG head. He has become so full of himself. He needs to be knocked down a peg or two. I mean, he is good, but geez!

I liked Siobhan, but I'm over her now.

It was difficult for me to make it through this week becuase I can't really stand Adam Lambert. Sorry. I felt he was telling them things just to make himself seem all important. And he kept wanting them to sing like he does, with the raspy scream in the voice. Only Siobhan sings like that!!

Momto4FemaleFelines
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
I haven't been here in awhile (life getting in the way)...I don't think I ever commented about the week Michael was in the bottom 3 and then left as the one to go. Thank goodness the judges saved him and he came back strong the following week. I really could not believe HE was the one with the least votes that week!

As for Katie going home, I thought for sure Tim, and possibly Aaron and Siobhan would have gone home before Katie. I was shocked to find out she is the one who went this week!

Andrew definitely was not living up to any potential he may have shown earlier on. Too one-dimentsional I think.

Daisy and Delilah
04-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Crystal has been my favorite from the beginning. I also like Lee.

Big Mike has got a BIG head. He has become so full of himself. He needs to be knocked down a peg or two. I mean, he is good, but geez!

I liked Siobhan, but I'm over her now.

It was difficult for me to make it through this week becuase I can't really stand Adam Lambert. Sorry. I felt he was telling them things just to make himself seem all important. And he kept wanting them to sing like he does, with the raspy scream in the voice. Only Siobhan sings like that!!

Exactly how I feel. I used to love Adam but he isn't my favorite at all any more.
Mike is on my last nerve. Sorry if I am offending anyone but his Mr. Wonderful attitude is really annoying.

I was so upset to see Katie go. All I could think about was her Grandmother being upset about it, if she had the presence of mind to realize it.
It hit so close to home.:(

Sorry to say that Siobhan is really weirding me out. :(

RobiLee
04-21-2010, 11:21 PM
My dvr came up short. Who got kicked off tonite?

kokopup
04-21-2010, 11:35 PM
RobiLee

Good question, mine came up short too. The show ran way over the normal time.

Daisy and Delilah
04-21-2010, 11:41 PM
It was Tim Urban.

anna_66
04-22-2010, 08:08 AM

I know, mine too. What's up with that?! They had so much crap going on, couldn't they have ended the show on time?

Momto4FemaleFelines
04-22-2010, 08:13 AM
I know, mine too. What's up with that?! They had so much crap going on, couldn't they have ended the show on time?

I take it for granted that the special stuff like Idol Gives Back is going to run over the allotted time. I think it was around 9:40pm Ryan said "the show is going to run over time". I was flicking back & forth to the show while watching baseball, but the game was over before the last minutes of Idol so I got to see the elimination.

Tim may be a nice guy, but he really needed to go and I'm glad he finally did. He should have gone before Andrew and Katie, IMO.

Taz_Zoee
04-22-2010, 09:27 AM
It ran over 20 minutes over! I was watching it behind (didn't start watching it until an hour in) and when Ryan said it was going to run late I fast forwarded to the end so I wouldn't miss who went home. There will be a lot of upset people who try to watch it tonight.

I will not be too upset with anyone going home except Crystal and Lee. Everyone else is just okay in my eyes.

Karen
04-28-2010, 07:28 PM
So what did you all think of last night's performances? I think everyone did a pretty good job this time. I don't "get" why the judges didn't like Crystal's performance, other than they felt a need to criticize her for once to prompt sympathy votes. And I didn't mind her "talking back" one bit, it seemed perfectly natural to me, and logical.

Karen
04-29-2010, 08:07 PM
I was sad to see Siobhan go, but not too surprised. I wonder why Aaron is still around, frankly.

cool4catz2
04-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Me too. I really haven't liked Aaron from day one! I liked Siohban, too. I had to laugh at Simon when he said she sounded like she was giving birth at the end of the song:D. I think Big Mike will be next to go.

Karen
05-05-2010, 12:04 PM
I wonder who will go tonight. I thought Crystal, again, did a better job than the judges gave her credit for, and I loved her dress! Very "big band singer" but current. I thought it was sad how out of tune Casey was, and wonder if it really was that he was so nervous he didn't hear the band ... And though I really don't know why Aaron is still around, I thought that because of his size and build, he reminded me most of Sinatra!

What did you think?

Karen
05-13-2010, 01:21 PM
So was anyone else surprised or disappointed that Mike went last night? I figured it would be either him or Casey, though I still don't quite understand Lee's appeal, I figure from the volume of squeals whenever his name is announced that he's got quite a fan base!

prechrswife
05-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I actually do like Lee, and am still hoping for a Lee/Crystal finale, but I really thought based on talent alone that Casey should have gone home before Big Mike. However, I think Casey is riding a wave because of how he looks.

Pinot's Mom
05-13-2010, 01:46 PM
However, I think Casey is riding a wave because of how he looks.

BINGO!

I have liked Crystal from the start, never really warmed up to "big Mike", but I understood his appeal. He'll do fine, I'm sure he's signed somewhere already! It didn't surprise me; if he didn't get enough votes before, it was sure to happen again.

Momto4FemaleFelines
05-13-2010, 01:46 PM
So was anyone else surprised or disappointed that Mike went last night? I figured it would be either him or Casey, though I still don't quite understand Lee's appeal, I figure from the volume of squeals whenever his name is announced that he's got quite a fan base!

Going by how many times he was bottom 2 or bottom 3, not real surprised. He's a decent singer but he isn't "wow".
I think Lee would be really something if he opened up more. I think what Jamie Fox said to him helped him a little, but Lee always seems kinda scared out of his wits on stage.

Momto4FemaleFelines
05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
I actually do like Lee, and am still hoping for a Lee/Crystal finale, but I really thought based on talent alone that Casey should have gone home before Big Mike. However, I think Casey is riding a wave because of how he looks.

I'm right there with you on all your comments. I know if I were a teen sitting home watching and voting, I'd be all ga-ga over Casey because of his looks. So I'm sure there are plenty young girls who fit that category and are doing so.

Daisy and Delilah
05-13-2010, 02:15 PM
I am 59 years old and I think I'm in love with Casey. He is so adorable. That hair makes me want to fly to where he is and.......ok, enough of that nonsense. He really is a cutie patootie though and he does have a great voice.

I was expecting Mike to go. Lee has that rocker edge that really has the fan base every season. I could hardly stand to look at Mike's wife bawling so much. Is she worried he won't get a contract or worried just because she should have been?? He will do great.

I expected Casey would survive on my votes alone--ooops. :o :o :o

I am going to go out on a limb and predict Casey to win and Crystal the runnerup.
Don't worry, I'm always wrong.

Momto4FemaleFelines
05-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I am 59 years old and I think I'm in love with Casey. He is so adorable. That hair makes me want to fly to where he is and.......ok, enough of that nonsense. He really is a cutie patootie though and he does have a great voice.

I expected Casey would survive on my votes alone--ooops. :o :o :o

I am going to go out on a limb and predict Casey to win and Crystal the runnerup.
Don't worry, I'm always wrong.

I'm approaching 53 and I think Casey is pretty darn cute, too! But I haven't been voting for him. Crystal will get my votes because she's the only one who I think is unique and could really be an artist as well as a star.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I wasn't surprised that Big Mike was the one to leave last night. It's been a while since I've liked one of his performances.

I can see the appeal of Casey's looks, though he isn't my taste. I'm not a fan of long hair on a guy at all, it's a total turn off for me. I have liked a lot of his performances, however I wasn't a fan of this week's. I love the song Mrs. Robinson, but didn't care for his performance.

I hope Crystal wins, with Lee as first runner-up, and Casey as second runner-up.

Karen
05-13-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm also rooting for Crystal, she seems to always be herself, and not swayed overmuch by all the machinations and themes the show puts them through. And we know she writes songs as well, though we don't get to hear them on the show!

Taz_Zoee
05-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I am also hoping for a Lee/Crystal finale. I honestly don't mind either one of them winning.

I am GLAD Mike went home. He became so arrogant since he was saved, it made me sick! Although his daughter is friggin' adorable! :D

I like Casey, but I LOVE Lee and Crystal.

Daisy and Delilah
05-13-2010, 09:06 PM
I forgot to say that I am rooting for Crystal 100 times more than anyone else.
I know it was the looks that made me vote for Casey. I was magnetized by his cuteness to vote and vote and vote. I always figure Crystal is getting enough votes anyway?? Kinda silly.
I don't use good logic. But, I am definitely pulling for Crystal all the way. She is absolutely awesome.

I'm not a fan of long hair on men either. I never thought about that until you mentioned it, Kari. It reminds me of the old days and I really don't want to go back there. However, Casey just has a face that makes me melt at my age.:eek: :eek: :eek: I have often pictured him with short hair and I like what I see.;)

I also love Lee's voice. It's gonna be a good one to see who wins.

Cindy, Mike's arrogance was definitely ridiculous. He seems to think he is perfect.

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2010, 10:03 PM
I am also hoping for a Lee/Crystal finale. I honestly don't mind either one of them winning.
I like Casey, but I LOVE Lee and Crystal.

I totally agree but I would like to see Crystal win.:D

Daisy and Delilah
05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm still in awe over Lee's performance of Hallelujah(sp?). It's a song that tears me up every time and he did a fantastic job.
Was anyone as moved by this as I was?

Momto4FemaleFelines
05-18-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm still in awe over Lee's performance of Hallelujah(sp?). It's a song that tears me up every time and he did a fantastic job.
Was anyone as moved by this as I was?

Lee has improved by leaps and bounds. He was amazing tonight.
I voted for Crystal because I'm afraid Casey is going to slide into the finals because of all the girls who think he should win just because he's a very handsome fellow. Crystal and Lee outdid Casey by a huge margin tonight! He really doesn't deserve to be in the finals.

It's going to be really tough for me to pick a winner between Crystal and Lee. I've loved Crystal from the beginning but also liked Lee and I am thrilled by how he has improved. Ellen was right in saying he was like a gentle little lamb when he started but is now like a strong and confident impala or something! He's found a new confidence that is wonderful to see.

krazyaboutkatz
05-19-2010, 12:13 AM
I've been a big Crystal fan but tonight was Lee's night and I thought he performed better.:) Hopefully it'll be Crystal and Lee in the finals.:)

Karen
05-19-2010, 02:05 AM
I think Lee has been a favorite of the judges based on what they've said about him, and that's why they gave him "Hallelujah," which is a song that I love basically no matter who sings it, as opposed to Crystal's assigned piece, which was good but not as popular on its own.

I'm still rooting for Crystal, as she seems to have more confidence all along, and knows who she is as an artist, which I am not sure Lee does.

Daisy and Delilah
05-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I think Lee has been a favorite of the judges based on what they've said about him, and that's why they gave him "Hallelujah," which is a song that I love basically no matter who sings it, as opposed to Crystal's assigned piece, which was good but not as popular on its own.

I'm still rooting for Crystal, as she seems to have more confidence all along, and knows who she is as an artist, which I am not sure Lee does.

This is what I thought. I don't think I can pick a true favorite after last night. Both will be hugely successful no matter what.

Vette
05-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I must be odd one out. LOL

i dont watch American Idol. generally i cant stand how most people are treated on the show. so avoid watching it except very very rarely now an than.

Karen
05-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Casey seemed to expect his ouster, though his final performance was a little odd with him carrying around that little girl who is apparently of no connection to him, just a token "daughter." I wonder if the producers suggested it and cleared it with the girl's parents ... she looked a little confused.

FabulouslyFierce
05-20-2010, 02:08 PM
I love love love Crystal and I'm kinda hoping she DOESN'T win, so she's not stuck in an Idol contract. I think she will be wildly successful if she goes off and makes her own album.

I do really like Lee and I think he has gotten better and better as his confidence grows. I think winning would be a good thing for him because he needs some direction as an artist.

Daisy and Delilah
05-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't know who to pick. I think we have the best group this year than we've ever had since I've been watching. Last night, I could have gone with any of them being the final two. All three of them are so sweet.

Casey....I'll be looking for him. He is so cute!!!!! Swooooons......:D

dab_20
05-20-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't know who to pick. I think we have the best group this year than we've ever had since I've been watching. Last night, I could have gone with any of them being the final two. All three of them are so sweet.

Casey....I'll be looking for him. He is so cute!!!!! Swooooons......:D

+2 :D

I want Lee to win I think. Both of the final two are very talented, but for some reason I like Lee a lot.

Taz_Zoee
05-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Casey seemed to expect his ouster, though his final performance was a little odd with him carrying around that little girl who is apparently of no connection to him, just a token "daughter." I wonder if the producers suggested it and cleared it with the girl's parents ... she looked a little confused.

I thought that was his niece. I could be wrong.

And I don't care who wins either. These two have been my favorites for a long time. :D

BitsyNaceyDog
05-21-2010, 07:46 AM
I thought that was his niece. I could be wrong.

And I don't care who wins either. These two have been my favorites for a long time. :D
I also thought that was his niece. The show labeled the little girl and the people she was with as "Casey's Family".

prechrswife
05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
I like both of the final two, and it really doesn't matter to me who wins at this point. I liked Crystal better earlier, but now I kind of like Lee better. Hopefully it will be a good show, either way.

carole
05-25-2010, 06:43 PM
I have not been able to participate in the ongoing thread, as usually down under we are at least one week behind, however i see this thursday, your wednesday, is the finale, and we are getting it when you do for once, well at least i think that is what is happening, correct me if i am wrong.

I am a huge American Idol fan, and i miss being able to post about it, so i just wanted to say, so far i have agreed with the American Public all the way.

I knew Casey would end up going home, mainly by what the judges had said, and yes he was indeed one little hottie, but i really think he could sing as well, and it is a bit mean to say he only got in the final three because of his looks, i don't believe that, i loved his voice.

I really am happy for ever wins, as i love the final two, but am swaying more to Lee, as his voice is more to my liking, but hey if crystal gets it, no problem.

Karen
05-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Yes, the final is tomorrow (Wednesday for us) night, the performances are tonight.

I'm still rooting for Crystal, as she is at least usually on key!

Daisy and Delilah
05-25-2010, 10:52 PM
I didn't get a chance to see the show very well tonight because of issues here with my Mom.

Who was the best of the two? I would love to hear anything anybody has to say about tonight's show. Thanks.

krazyaboutkatz
05-26-2010, 12:26 AM
I saw the show tonight and Crystal was great.:) Lee in my opinion was just okay. The last song that Crystal sang was fantastic and this would be the song she'd be performing if she ends up winning. I was finally able to get through and vote for her 2 times. I sure hope that she wins.:)

Karen
05-26-2010, 01:45 AM
Lee did okay, but Crystal did great. I just thought that he was still off pitch several times, and by now shouldn't he be better than that? But it was like in my opinion, he was performing at a 7 and Crystal was a 10, as she put a lot more effort and just seemed stronger and more committed.

That's my 2 cents.

Yes, I have liked Crystal all along, but was willing to give Lee the benefit of the doubt tonight, and he just didn't come up to the level he should.

I will be downloading Crystal's final song of tonight when it's available on iTunes.

Pinot's Mom
05-26-2010, 07:52 AM
I might have mentioned it somewhere along the line;), but I'm a Crystal fan. Have been since day one. She has the heart and soul of an artist and to me that makes a HUGE difference. Otherwise she could never pull off Bobby McGee - that song separates artists from singers. Lee is a singer. Give the prize to the artist.

redbird
05-26-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm rooting for Lee all the way tonight. There is something about his voice that I really love, he reminds me so much of David Cook who won two years ago. If Crystal does win, I hope she cleans herself up. Go Lee....

Karen
05-26-2010, 01:05 PM
If Crystal does win, I hope she cleans herself up.

What do you mean by that? Do you just not like her dreadlocks?

carole
05-26-2010, 08:41 PM
yes i am somewhat puzzled by your remarks regarding Crystal too, i think she looks lovely, and the dreadlocks suit her so well, to me she never looks untidy or unkempt, but that is purely my opinion.

We have not seen the final performances yet, tonight , get this we are having three hours of Idol, even a tad too much for me, would have been better spreading it out a bit more, still looking forward to it, so until then my opinion is reserved, but for now i am still pulling for Lee, but if Crystal wins i will still be just as happy.

kokopup
05-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Lee Wins

Karen
05-27-2010, 08:49 AM
I was disappointed that Lee won, but not surprised. But Crystal was gracious about coming in second, and I think she could potentially do very well for herself, being the opposite of a lot of what's on the scene now in music.

I thought the "Simon farewell" part overwhelmed the results part, and it was fun to see some of the old-timer's sing, but sad that some of them no longer have the chops to pull off their old music. I even only hit the "skip" button through Janet Jackson's second number, she seemed poorly micced and it was annoying.

What did you all think?

kokopup
05-27-2010, 09:04 AM
I think on the last day of competition that Lee came in second. Overall I liked him the most. I think both will do well after their obligation to American idol.

I fast forward through janet Jackson also. I thought that if Simon was judging
her it would not be pretty.

Taz_Zoee
05-27-2010, 09:50 AM
It doesn't matter who wins. Look at all the past contestants who have wonderful success and they didn't win.
Chris Daughtry
Clay Aiken
Jennifer Hudson
Kat McPhee
Adam Lambert

There are LOTS more but I can't think of them right now.

Also, the second place person usually releases an album before the winner does.

I didn't care who won because I really like both of them equally. So it's a win-win for me! :D

carole
05-27-2010, 09:29 PM
just thought i would put my kiwi 2 cents worth in, i am happy Lee won, as his voice was more to my liking, but i loved Crystal as well, anyhow they both have very promising careers ahead of them, i have to say i thought Janet Jackson was pretty rough too, and i usually love her music.

For me the show was really good, as they had all my favourites, chicago, doobies, joe cocker, hall and oates,who i thought were very good,it really was my era of music and to my taste.however screening the performance and finale all together was just too long.

Kokopup i am sure you did not realise this, but you let the cat out of the bag, when announcing Lee Wins, as we had not seen the show here yet because of the time difference, see Karen that was what i was afraid of:p, next time i will just have to have that separate thread, just to be on the safe side. Ah well no use crying over spilt milk as the saying goes.;)

Sure am gonna miss Ole Simon, but let us hope Idol continues to be just as popular in the future, ready for the next show already lol.;):):D

redbird
05-28-2010, 10:11 AM
What do you mean by that? Do you just not like her dreadlocks?

I have always thought her smile needed some work meaning her teeth. Everytime she opened her mouth, it looked terrible. She also looks a little dirty to me, sorry but you asked and I am not the only one who feels this way.

I had read a dentist wrote to her and said he would fix her gaps at no cost but she turned it down. I think she better think twice about that. She does have a great voice but as I said, she better clean up her act.

Karen
05-28-2010, 11:18 AM
I have always thought her smile needed some work meaning her teeth. Everytime she opened her mouth, it looked terrible. She also looks a little dirty to me, sorry but you asked and I am not the only one who feels this way.

I had read a dentist wrote to her and said he would fix her gaps at no cost but she turned it down. I think she better think twice about that. She does have a great voice but as I said, she better clean up her act.

To me her teeth look clean, but like she grew up without the attentions of an orthodontist, and probably dentist. There are several teeth that need to be shifted and aligned. Maybe now this is over, she'll think about getting it taken care of, especially now that, if you're in "show biz" or even just someone who is embarrassed by it, you can get "invisible" braces that work just fine.

Many people think dreadlocks look "dirty," but it's just a way of styling one's hair, and they get washed as often as anyone else's hair.

Taz_Zoee
05-28-2010, 01:32 PM

Her teeth were very yellow at the beginning of the season. But they obviously did whitening treatments on them.

Look at Jewel, she didn't get her teeth fixed for YEARS! She was afraid getting her teeth fixed would affect how she sings. But now they are fixed, she sings just fine and she is even more beautiful. :)

I was not a huge fan of her dreads in the beginning either. But I got used to them and they fit her.

carole
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I would agree about the teeth, it was the first thing i noticed about her, and they did appear to have had some whitening done to them as the show went on, but to say she looked dirty, i cannot agree with that statement, i think she looked so much better than when she began, and in fact i found her to look very elegant in some shows, i loved some of her clothes, and they even her styled the hair around her dreadlocks and made it look rather nice, and this comes from an oldie here, i think your criticism is a little harsh.,but each to their own.

Maybe her appearance did have some impact on the voting, but hey sometimes Lee looked a tad scruffy to me, but that is just fashion.

Regarding the dreadlocks, Karen i was always under the impression that they were hardly ever washed,i mean how would you wash them and keep them that way? puzzled?

Daisy and Delilah
05-28-2010, 04:33 PM
I also noticed her teeth, as I'm sure we all did. I think her look is just her style. She has such a fantastic voice, I don't care much what she looks like. I do think they did whiten her teeth too. She appears to be missing her eye teeth but I'm not sure.
I agree with Carole. She was very elegant in some shows. She cleaned up very well but seemed to like her rough appearance better. I look forward to her CD coming out as soon as she gets a contract and makes it.

I really think Crystal and Lee were pretty equal in several things. Including appearance.

pomtzu
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I never watched the show much, and when I did, it was more to see just what Simon was up to. I know most people will disagree with me, but I liked him, and he is what made the show. Now that he's no longer there, I have my doubts that the show will survive much longer.

Okay - okay - quit throwing those eggs at me!!! Afterall - that's only my opinion....:eek::p:D

Karen
05-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Regarding the dreadlocks, Karen i was always under the impression that they were hardly ever washed,i mean how would you wash them and keep them that way? puzzled?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but it is sort of like keeping your hair in braid, like some African American kids get cornrows every summer, you just wash it where it is, so the shampoo goes on, massaged in to the roots and around, and then get rinsed off. With Caucasian hair, it takes somewhat more maintenance, it's not exactly braiding but twisting and weaving, and some product, and it does get a little "fuzzier" after time than some African hair textures. I would not have the patience for dreadlocks, myself, and even a simple braid I tend to undo before even the end of the day if it hasn't already fallen out on its own.

caseysmom
05-28-2010, 05:37 PM
I think your right Karen. My kids had their caucasian hair braided in mexico years ago and they washed there hair witht he braids in.

Daisy and Delilah
05-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Ellie, I am going to miss Simon alot. I think he was great this year. Alot less rude and I actually started enjoying him.

As rude as his comments were, I thought he was always right. Well, almost all the time. I usually agreed with him.

carole
05-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Ellie i agree with you, i loved Simon, he was what made the show worth watching,yes the contestants were good too, but he just was the icing on the cake really, yes he could be darn rude at times, but i guess that was just his way, total honesty and that is what i really liked about him,none of this pussy footing around, he called a spade a spade,and you are not the only one who liked him, it was so obvious from the crowd how much he was appreciated, you could even see when he made comments, if they were good it mean't so much to the contestants to hear it from him.

He will be sorely missed by me, and i just have to wait and see whether the show will be worth watching without him, i have to say i heard not so good things regarding Ellen, she was not particularly liked, i found that hard to believe, i thought she was just brilliant, i was not so keen on the other woman judge though.

Again in Crystals defence, i just think it was her alternative style, i mean Jason from the last idol had dreadlocks,no-one seemed to make a fuss about that, was that because he was a guy?
thanks for the info Karen, again i learn't something new today. cheers.:)

redbird
05-29-2010, 10:56 AM
To me her teeth look clean, but like she grew up without the attentions of an orthodontist, and probably dentist. There are several teeth that need to be shifted and aligned. Maybe now this is over, she'll think about getting it taken care of, especially now that, if you're in "show biz" or even just someone who is embarrassed by it, you can get "invisible" braces that work just fine.

Many people think dreadlocks look "dirty," but it's just a way of styling one's hair, and they get washed as often as anyone else's hair.

Just to make myself a little more clear, I never mentioned her dreads, that is not what I meant by looking unkempt. Her teeth and the way she dressed just made her look dirty. Now if dreads were on Carrie Underwood, she would still look beautiful whereas Crystal is just dirty looking. I just couldn't stand to look at her when she opened her mouth. As I said before, she has a good voice tho if you like her type of music.

carole
05-30-2010, 12:22 AM
gosh i just cannot agree with you on this one at all, some times she looked so lovely, i admit in the beginning she needed a bit of work, but what about the time she had on that beautiful black dress,?

I never once thought she looked dirty looking, maybe her style was not to your taste, but other than that, i cannot see why you think she looked dirty looking , the teeth were an issue for sure, but hey not everyone can have perfect teeth,and with some more work on them i am sure she will look fine.

Well we all have our opinions, and are entitled to them, but i do feel sorry for Crystal, imagine how you would feel if you read this about yourself,, let us hope she does not come to PT, lol.:)

Karen
07-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I saw this story about Crystal Bowersox (http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/07/07/crystal-bowersox-teeth-idol-smile/?xid=rss-topheadlines&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+people%2Fheadlines+%28PEOPLE. com%3A+Top+Headlines%29) today and thought of this thread. So does this help, those who thought she looked "dirty?"