PDA

View Full Version : Good thing for warranties!

catnapper
02-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Remember this thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=157639&highlight=laptop

Well, I sent it back and it took weeks and weeks. The part kept coming in broken or not at all. Finally they said they'd give me a gift card to replace the computer.

I'm on my new laptop now! Its a Toshiba Satellite. So far so good, though I miss my red computer! :D

There was enough room on the warranty gift card to buy a camera too...... boy have laptops come down in price in the past year and half. So now I have a new Canon Powershot, which is also nice so far. I wanted the same type of Powershot I already have but didn't want to spend the extra $200, so I settled for a middle model.

I bought new warranties on both the laptop and camera. And already I was glad I did it when I nearly dropped the laptop off the nightstand this morning! :D

Catty1
02-19-2010, 11:11 AM
I rescues a 22" flat monitor from our local e-cycle a couple of months ago. The picture would only stay lit for 5 seconds...I called the manufacturer and sure enough, it was still under warranty!

I waited and waited and tracked status...finally, I phoned them yesterday.

They couldn't fix it, but the nice clerk called their US warehouse and a NEW replacement is being rush-shipped to me. Full warranty til 2012. :eek:

I'm with you, Kim - they're great!