PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here got a Drinkwell water fountain??

moosmom
02-18-2010, 06:38 PM
I have one and it's leaking near the motor. It needs the little black washer to keep the fluid in. I've got a bowl of water down now, just waiting for Bad A$$ Buddy to knock it over.

If anyone who has one isn't using it, or it's broken, would you mind sending me the washer??? You'll have to go to the bottom of the fountain and twist off the motor. If you've taken it apart and cleaned it before, you'll know what I'm talking about.

When I first got the fountain and set it up, I found the washer floating in the water well. I figured it was an extra and just tossed it. DUH!!!

Can anyone help me? Or does anyone know where I can get a washer online. I've gone to Drinkwell.com and didn't find anything. Only filters and water gardens.

ramanth
02-18-2010, 06:42 PM
I wish I could help. I have the fountain but Logan needs it. Good luck!! :love:

moosmom
02-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Kimmy,

I'm thinking about jury-rigging it with an elastic band from work (we have the semi-thick kind that I think will work).

Hope things are well with you, girl! Give the fur kids smoochies from their auntie Donna.

catnapper
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
I have one that my guys use, but I'll look at it to see what the thingie is and maybe make a recommendation for a home fix.

moosmom
02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks!

catnapper
02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Ok, now that I spilled water all over, I have no idea what plastic washer! I didn't see annything. How small is it?

moosmom
02-19-2010, 08:11 AM
If you take the motor out, it should be around the opening where the little propellar thingy is. I'm going to try a hardware store. I'll bring the motor with me. Maybe they have washers I can use.

*sigh* I don't need this.:rolleyes:

Kim,

I've been lucky that Bad A$$ Buddy hasn't knocked over the water bowl.

catnapper
02-19-2010, 08:14 AM
If its as small as I think it should be, then I have some black rubber washers at work that will be the solution. They are small.... the interior hold is about 1/8" and the entire grommet is 1/4"-ish

Catlady711
02-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Try calling the company and asking if they can send the part.

I have a Petmate that had the cap to the reseviour (sp?) break. No such part listed on their website, or anywhere else for that matter. I called the company and explained what the part was I needed and they shipped it to me free of charge! :D

moosmom
02-19-2010, 05:42 PM
My friend Dorothy has a Drinkwell she's not using and said I could have it.

Kim,

Give it a try!!It's a simple things as a washer. If I can fix it, I'll have a second fountain that I'm donating to a shelter.

moosmom
02-21-2010, 04:39 PM
I fixed it!!! I brought a bunch of elastic bands home and jury rigged it with an elastic band until I can get another REAL washer for it!!