PDA

View Full Version : This was posted on facebook...WARNING: GRAPHIC!!!

moosmom
02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Someone I know posted this on facebook. PLEASE BE ADVISED: if you have a weak stomach, don't look. This took me totally by surprize. It's a PETA ad for fur wearers.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011976&id=1079869978&ref=nf#!/photo.php?pid=30680747&id=1079869978

Kinda hits the point outta the park, don't ya think???

wombat2u2004
02-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Gross

DJFyrewolf36
02-18-2010, 07:05 PM
PETA as usual has gone way over the top...

They wont be satisfied until everyone is eating "animal-free" fare and wearing wooden shoes :rolleyes:

I agree, care should be put into the animals we consume for food as they are sacrificing themselves for us but a lot of what PETA says is the "right thing to do" is completely unnatural. Unless they can start genetically engenering humans to not require animal protien to survive (something some whackjob with money is already doing Im sure) we have to live with what we are. Do we need to torture animals for our fassion sense? No, not at all. But what PETA and other idjets fail to realize is the majortiy of fur comes from animals that are bred for that exact purpose...an animal on a fur farm wouldn't know its arse from a hole in the ground in the wild. Is it fair to just release them all and see what happens? Im sure there are wild trappers, which is illigal and people should be punished. Im in no way in agreement of using an animal for just one thing...if the animal has to die, care should be taken to make sure that the entire animal has a useful purpose and that its death isn't just to make someone a new pair of shoes. Farms for the purpose of just raising animals to skin and not using anything else is a waste in my opnion...and THAT needs to change.

wombat2u2004
02-18-2010, 07:08 PM
PETA as usual has gone way over the top...

They wont be satisfied until everyone is eating "animal-free" fare and wearing wooden shoes :rolleyes:

I agree, care should be put into the animals we consume for food as they are sacrificing themselves for us but a lot of what PETA says is the "right thing to do" is completely unnatural. Unless they can start genetically engenering humans to not require animal protien to survive (something some whackjob with money is already doing Im sure) we have to live with what we are. Do we need to torture animals for our fassion sense? No, not at all. But what PETA and other idjets fail to realize is these animals are bred for this exact purpose...an animal on a fur farm wouldn't know its arse from a hole in the ground in the wild. Is it fair to just release them all and see what happens?

I love it when I see a vegetarian walking along in the crocodile skin shoes.

DJFyrewolf36
02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
I love it when I see a vegetarian walking along in the crocodile skin shoes.

Even vegitarians in leather shoes make me laugh. Id rather people be eating the animal as opposed to just wearing it.

Further proof that the majority of people are just well meaning morons with no way to see the big picture.

moosmom
02-18-2010, 07:14 PM
wearing wooden shoes

ROFLMAO!

You're absolutely right, DJ.

wombat2u2004
02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I've had it with PETA !!!!!
I'm going to eat my dog for breakfast just to protest !!!!

Catty1
02-18-2010, 09:07 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/political-pictures-peta-protester-leather-birkenstocks.jpg?w=354&h=304

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/celebrity-pictures-liberace-peta-conniption.jpg

boomersooner
02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I had taped the dog show, and I didn't see it, but supposedly they had some protesters at the Westminster Dog Show this week.....I don't know if the broadcast cut it out or I just missed it....saw it on the news.

kitten645
02-18-2010, 10:11 PM
"Even vegitarians in leather shoes make me laugh. Id rather people be eating the animal as opposed to just wearing it."

Just to clarify....I'm a vegitarian...because factory/grain feed beef is not only cruel and unatural..it's unhealthy. As in not good for you. I wear leather shoes and have leather handbags. The point is I don't want to eat something that is produced in an unatural way. I will eat grass fed beef but that's not the way most livestock is raised in the US. PETA is too extreme in their all or nothing scare tactics..I agree. But please don't lump vegitarians in with PETA.

Puckstop31
02-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Foxes... My God is their population exploding! 10 years ago, you'd be lucky to see one out in the woods. This last deer season, I saw 3 at the SAME time once, and at least one on a majority of my sits.

Ask the local poultry farmers how they feel about the fur industry going away.

PLUS, rabbit season was AWFUL. I did not bag even ONE this year. That's NEVER happened.

Nature likes balance, ya know?

wombat2u2004
02-18-2010, 11:46 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/political-pictures-peta-protester-leather-birkenstocks.jpg?w=354&h=304

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/celebrity-pictures-liberace-peta-conniption.jpg

roflmao

moosmom
02-19-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm going to eat my dog for breakfast just to protest !!!!

Where the heck do you come up with these one liners, Wom??? You sure you're not a stand up comic on the side???

wombat2u2004
02-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Where the heck do you come up with these one liners, Wom??? You sure you're not a stand up comic on the side???

Sorry Donna, I know I write things in bad taste sometimes (not the dog, the joke...the dog tasted good) :D

pomtzu
02-19-2010, 08:26 AM

Wom and RICHARD should get together and write a book! :eek::D

wombat2u2004
02-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Wom and RICHARD should get together and write a book! :eek::D

I'm going to bed now, and dream about Richard and I's new book.
Night night all...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Miss Z
02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
I have no business with PETA. They don't operate that strongly over here anyway. But I do support their poster campaigns - images like that taught me a thing or two when I was younger, and shaped my morals.

I don't like the wearing of fur, I just find it primitive and repulsive.

As a vegetarian, I steer clear of leather handbags, belts, purses, etc. There is so much good quality faux leather around nowadays anyway that I don't feel I'm missing out.

Shoes are harder, particularly for winter shoes, and riding gear. It requires a lot of long shopping hours/internet trawling to find something that fits my feet and is vegan.

Medusa
02-19-2010, 04:10 PM
I saw on TV a couple of weeks ago that vinyl purses, for example, contain high levels of lead which can be absorbed into the skin. I forgot about it until just now. I've attached a link, even though it's rather off topic. I didn't read the OP's link b/c I just can't seem to read articles like that any more.

http://www.ceh.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=379&Itemid=243

wombat2u2004
02-19-2010, 07:34 PM
I saw on TV a couple of weeks ago that vinyl purses, for example, contain high levels of lead which can be absorbed into the skin. I forgot about it until just now. I've attached a link, even though it's rather off topic. I didn't read the OP's link b/c I just can't seem to read articles like that any more.

http://www.ceh.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=379&Itemid=243

Hmmmmm, thats an interesting read.
I'm throwing out all my vinyl purses this morning, the bodysuit, whips and all, everything vinyl is going into the bin.:D

Medusa
02-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Hmmmmm, thats an interesting read.
I'm throwing out all my vinyl purses this morning, the bodysuit, whips and all, everything vinyl is going into the bin.:D

Well, maybe power down to a scourge instead of a whip. ;)

wombat2u2004
02-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, maybe power down to a scourge instead of a whip. ;)

Good idea !!!! I was thinking about a plank of wood with nails sticking out of the end......but a scourge sounds good.:D

Marigold2
02-19-2010, 09:33 PM
I think the ad is a good one, it makes us think and maybe move to stop the needless suffering that goes into making animals into cloths.
Peta is showing us something that is not true are they? Just the facts are brutal enough.