PDA

View Full Version : Throw Them Off

lizbud
02-18-2010, 05:00 PM
First the fat man gets thrown off a plane b/c he's too fat. Now
a guy gets thrown off a plane because he stinks. REALLY stinks.:eek: :D

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/smelly-passenger-kicked-off-plane-odor-disturbed-flight/story?id=9873842

sparks19
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I wish they would do this for people who bathe in perfume lol.

seriously I can see how this could have been THAT bad that they asked him to leave.

I was in Walmart the other day and there was a man in the line next to me and he was QUITE overweight. So much so that he apparently could not wash properly in areas that needed it.

I cannot describe the smell. Just imagine a bulldog who doesn't have it's face wrinkles cleaned and how nasty that can get... then put that on a 400+ pound man who can't was in his "wrinkles". If I hadn't been waiting in line over a half an hour already I would have moved. it was unbearable. I just tried to breathe through my mouth and not gag.

when people tlak about BO you think of sweaty pits but it can be SO much worse than that lol

KYS
02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Several years ago, my X and I were returning from Hong Kong.
We were sitting in our seats and we both started to smell this horrible BO smell.
We looked at each other and prayed the slender man walking down the isle
was not going to be seated near us.
Our luck he was in the seat in front of us. Now my X is not the type to
say or insult anybody but the reek was so bad.
I complained to the stewardess and my X than told the gentleman that he
stunk. The man said he was sorry that he had not been able to bath in a couple of days.
The stewardess moved us to other seats.
I wonder what happened to the people who sat near him.

pomtzu
02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
UGH!!! There is no excuse for lack of personal hygiene - soap and water aren't expensive - and in ample supply.

I know how disgusting it is to walk past someone in a store that smells bad, so I can't even imagine being trapped on a plane with someone who stinks. Just the thought is enough to make one wretch!!! :eek::eek::eek:

boomersooner
02-18-2010, 05:45 PM
When I was in college...many, many years ago...there was a girl...nice enough girl, but she was in the US, studying....In her culture, people didn't bathe very often at all...it was unbearable....the professor finally had to tell her she had to bathe/shower/use deodorant....It was horrible....I also can't stand the overloaded perfume odor, either. Smells affect my allergies a lot, and perfumes are some of the worse....

wombat2u2004
02-18-2010, 06:19 PM
UGH!!! There is no excuse for lack of personal hygiene - soap and water aren't expensive - and in ample supply.

I remember years ago, I had to explain that to a guy I worked with.
He was an English immigrant, and worked on the opposite side of the workbench from me (we were both Joiners). He had only been in Australia like a week, before he got the job where I was working. He would bathe weekly, and wear the same clothes for a week......boy, did this guy stink.
I had to complain to the Foreman about him, and when he did nothing about it, a bunch of us got together and threw him into a cold shower, clothes and all. Mind you, a few of us very nearly got fired because of that. But I figured it was worth it. I remember I said to him at the time "You're in Australia now old mate, you keep yourself clean". He got the message.:D

Medusa
02-19-2010, 07:02 AM
I taught exercise and aerobics classes to morbidly obese women. Most of them were 350 lbs. and over. One woman was 500 lbs. plus. I worked them hard and they really worked up a sweat so all BO was forgiven. UNLESS they came in for the next class and smelled bad before class began. It was unpleasant enough for the women standing next to them but b/c I was in front of them all and walking around to make sure that they were doing the exercises and routines properly, I got hit w/it from everyone in the class. I never wanted to embarrass them in front of others b/c it took enough courage as it was for them to join the class to begin with; they were self conscious about "jiggling" in front of others. But so much body heat was generated that sometimes I thought I'd pass out from the smell if one or more of them didn't bathe properly. You'd think that they themselves wouldn't be able to stand the smell but that was never the case. They'd always be shocked when I'd tell them that they'd have to spend more time on their hygiene.

lizbud
02-19-2010, 06:41 PM
How hard could you exercise morbidly obese women? I would think they
would have to start out slowly till they began to lose some weight before
attempting more rigerous training.

Medusa
02-19-2010, 06:45 PM
How hard could you exercise morbidly obese women? I would think they
would have to start out slowly till they began to lose some weight before
attempting more rigerous training.

Yes, I did start them out slowly but after a while, they kept up w/me w/no problem. If I would be too easy on them, then they'd think they could get away w/it every time and I wouldn't be doing them any favors. And it wasn't training. It was an exercise class.

phesina
02-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I taught exercise and aerobics classes to morbidly obese women. Most of them were 350 lbs. and over. One woman was 500 lbs. plus. I worked them hard and they really worked up a sweat so all BO was forgiven. UNLESS they came in for the next class and smelled bad before class began. It was unpleasant enough for the women standing next to them but b/c I was in front of them all and walking around to make sure that they were doing the exercises and routines properly, I got hit w/it from everyone in the class. I never wanted to embarrass them in front of others b/c it took enough courage as it was for them to join the class to begin with; they were self conscious about "jiggling" in front of others. But so much body heat was generated that sometimes I thought I'd pass out from the smell if one or more of them didn't bathe properly. You'd think that they themselves wouldn't be able to stand the smell but that was never the case. They'd always be shocked when I'd tell them that they'd have to spend more time on their hygiene.

Where do people that large find bathtubs or shower stalls big enough to accommodate them? (A car wash?) Perhaps their hygiene wasn't all that could be desired because it was next to impossible for them to reach a lot of the places they needed to.. ?

Medusa
02-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Where do people that large find bathtubs or shower stalls big enough to accommodate them? (A car wash?) Perhaps their hygiene wasn't all that could be desired because it was next to impossible for them to reach a lot of the places they needed to.. ?

Sometimes a car seat posed a problem but usually they fit everywhere just fine. I have a couple of friends now, one is 350 lb. and the other is 400 lb. and they have no problem whatsoever w/hygiene. The woman who weighed 500 lb. went to a truck stop and weighed herself on the scales there. That's what prompted her to lose weight. I was extremely proud of all the women in my classes. They worked harder than most, tried harder than most and were more successful w/their weight loss than most. They felt completely comfortable in my classes b/c they weren't being judged but encouraged even though I worked them like a second job. I, however, eventually wore out. I was teaching 6 one hour classes a day for a couple of years plus I was juggling family duties and trying to raise a good son. I just couldn't take the pace any more and I was in my early 30's then.

pomtzu
02-20-2010, 07:31 AM

If they are so obese that they can't reach certain parts of their anatomy - a hand held shower massage would work well for them. It's not like they are too large to even get out of bed, and as long as they can get around enough to be in public places, then they need to make themselves unoffensive to people that will be around them.

Pinot's Mom
02-20-2010, 08:01 AM
I am one of those people that is extremely sensitive to smells. We have a couple who we've known forever and they are very good friends. They travel extensively to another part of the world where the culture is very different from the US and have taken on some of the habits; one of them is lack of hygiene. There have been situations where many of us have been very offended by the odor coming from these two, but what do you do? It's a tough situation. I agree with Sparks, though, that perfume (& men's cologne!) is equally offensive. We have another good friend that clings to his patchouli still - I don't think he smells it anymore, but boy do the rest of us!! For days afterward in our homes!!

I don't blame them for kicking the smelly guy off the plane. It makes people gag. Go take a shower!:eek:

blue
02-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Kevin Smith isnt that fat.