PDA

View Full Version : I did something creative?! [although slightly creepy...]

JuniorxMyxLove
02-18-2010, 01:29 PM
I dunno if any of you have seen my other thread...but seeing as what I have now is almost a completely different drawing, I'm making a new thread. Plus I also don't like making threads that go on forever with new pictures every five posts.

ANYWAYS...I really stepped outside of my comfort zone on this drawing. For what it's worth, I am NOT a creative person. Keep that in mind, haha. I usually draw exactly what I see in a picture. This is...weird for me.

It started with John Lennon's eyes. After that, I drew the rest of his face. It seemed empty and there was a LOT of space above him...so I asked here and my sister for ideas. Putting those together, I decided to do...well...this.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC10038.jpg
Close ups of the top and bottom so you can see what is written and such:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC10039.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC10040.jpg

If I can do it...not sure whether I have that kind of talent lol, but I want to make the background of the entire thing a universe...as in, Across the Universe!

Obviously I'm not done yet...but I have to say, I REALLY like it. :) I wanted like, songs and other important things floating out of his head but I didn't want a bunch of words, so I tried to turn them into little pictures. For example, at the top, I have a ticket to ride! (I'm proud of myself for thinking of that teehee) I have like 25 various little pictures/words, and kudos to anyone who can name/understand them all! (some of them are digging kinda deep, lol.)

I think there's something 'off' about his nose, but I'm not sure what. Oh well.

Comments? Suggestions? Critiques? This is gonna be shown to my grandpa, so it NEEDS to be good!

moosmom
02-18-2010, 02:11 PM
You, my dear, have a hidden talent. That picture is fabulous!!! I've always liked John Lennon (couldn't STAND Ono).

Alysser
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't think it's creepy, I really like it. Very very creative, nothing I could ever think of. I think with the background it would look perfect.

Husky_mom
02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I think itīs awesome... really nicely put.. not creepy at all..

and what you might think is little off is the right nostril (looking it by the front).. I did a minor shadowing correction.. but you can do better.. ;)

wombat2u2004
02-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Creepy or not. Ya really got a talent kiddo.;)

boomersooner
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Not creepy at all!!! Very good....those are/were probably things going through his mind....

CountryWolf07
02-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Creepy? No. Creative? Yes! :)

JuniorxMyxLove
02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
You, my dear, have a hidden talent. That picture is fabulous!!! I've always liked John Lennon (couldn't STAND Ono).

Thank you!

I never liked her either....I put her name in there because I felt compelled to, but it's REALLY small. :D

I don't think it's creepy, I really like it. Very very creative, nothing I could ever think of. I think with the background it would look perfect.

My sister thought the nines tumbling out of his head were creepy, along with all the references to Paul being dead :\ Thank you though!

I think itīs awesome... really nicely put.. not creepy at all..

and what you might think is little off is the right nostril (looking it by the front).. I did a minor shadowing correction.. but you can do better.. ;)

Thanks! that does look better, I'll change it to something like that the next time i'm working on it!

MonicanHonda
02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
I enjoy it. I really enjoy your shadowing. You should add shadowing to the walrus. Shadowing was something I was never good at. :) It seems that you do not lack this skill. Lol

JuniorxMyxLove
02-19-2010, 08:17 AM
I enjoy it. I really enjoy your shadowing. You should add shadowing to the walrus. Shadowing was something I was never good at. :) It seems that you do not lack this skill. Lol

I'm going to shade it hehe, I just sketched an outline of everything first to see if it would all fit and then I'm going to go back and make everything pretty :) I do need to actually find a picture of a walrus though...idk if that's what a walrus even looks like!

thank you :)

Due to reorganizing things, I now have two empty spots that are driving me CRAZY! I need something there, but I don't know what! ARJKLDJFKAUDJSDK.

Daisy and Delilah
02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
That is an awesome picture!!! Great job!!:)

redbird
02-19-2010, 01:08 PM
I think this is your best effort so far, it certainly looks a lot more like John now. You do have talent, stick with it.

JuniorxMyxLove
02-20-2010, 05:46 PM
thank you, redbird :)

I guess there's not a huge change, but I changed some things (the Help! is now projected like it is on all the things I've seen it on) and added some (there's a face in a jar...perhaps by a door above the Help!) as well as I've finally found my 6B pencil and so I've been slowly adding that to John Lennon's face because before he was all H's, B, and 2B.

The current thing:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC10049.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC10050.jpg

The picture's aren't that good. :( You can't see the Yellow Submarine in the top picture and you can't see the bird holding a sign that says "free" in the bottom one.

'Tis definitely still a work in progress, but we're getting there. Now I just need to convince myself to stop putting off certain parts and actually take more than baby steps!