PDA

View Full Version : Should I?????

slick
02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
http://orphankittenrescue.com/cats/puddy_1/

:) She's exactly what I'm looking for. She looks so much like my RB Speckles. I've got my application in. **holding my breath** She's 12 years old.

Quote from the Foster Mom (in case you can't see the website)

Calm, quiet, sweetie-girl. Puddy is very zen, she likes to watch all the goings-on from the comfort of her chair, and when she's made up her mind about things, she might choose to come and murmur a few words of wisdom to her humans. She likes quiet, but is sure to venture out to see the company and garner new pats, which we are always so ready to give, her fur is sooo soft.
She is a restful character, putting up with all our coos and kisses, especially if we scratch her cheeks, and rewards our attention with constant purring. She doesn't fuss about being picked up - and seems to like being held for a while by the window (Puddy is not an obvious complainer, she'll just wait for you to finish with your attentions...). I am pretty sure she would sit on my lap if I would sit on the couch and relax more. Someone who watches TV might be her perfect match! She comes to visit in the bedroom at night and in the morning but prefers to sleep in her chair; it's a lovely thing to hear her serenade me at night with 15 minutes of purring.
She is easy care and doesn't need a lot of attention. She eats dry food so she'd be good with someone who can't be home a lot. She has playful moments but is not so curious as to go jumping around on counters or investigating food or plants. She has taken a liking to dangly rope and will play with me for a bit - I'm hoping to find just the right toy for her soon.
Puddy is perfect for a quiet home and someone who likes to have a purring machine nearby.

Mary (Medusa): What do you think of her name????;)

Pinot's Mom
02-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Oh! Please do! She needs you and you need her! :love: I know she's twelve, but, did I say this? She needs you!

Karen
02-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Sounds perfect! Go for it!

Randi
02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Slick, I think you should! What a lovely face she has - in fact very much like Fister's. :) Go and meet her a couple of times and you'll know if she's meant for you. I think she is! :love:

katladyd
02-17-2010, 12:34 PM
One word: YES! She is an adorable girl who needs a home.:love:

Queen of Poop
02-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Wonderful, simply wonderful. When do you bring her home? :D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-17-2010, 12:56 PM
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :D

I didn't want more cats after Leonardo and for sure not a kitten. But I wouldn't trade my two new girls for anything. They didn't take his place but made their own in my heart!!! :love:

moosmom
02-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Slick,

GO FOR IT!! She needs you! If you need help, give my name as a reference. Anything I can do to help.

Barbara
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Are you here because you want to hear a no?;)
Puddy sounds purrfect- I WOULD want to have a sweet purring machine nearby:D

moosmom
02-17-2010, 02:11 PM
So far I don't see any no's here. So, WHAT THE HECK ARE YA WAITING FOR??? GO GET HER!!

RICHARD
02-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Are you here because you want to hear a no?;)

Remind me to come to you when I need the truth!:D

Sounds like a battle between the heart and the head...Let us know who wins!;)

gini
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Sir Max is saying "Mom, why are you even asking?"

She needs to be loved and you have just what it takes!!

Go for it!!

phesina
02-17-2010, 02:34 PM
OF COURSE YOU SHOULD!!!!!

Any other questions for us?

Cinder & Smoke
02-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Well ... :confused:

Do you HAVE her yet?

:)

kb2yjx
02-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi Slick!!! YES!!! I think it is wonderful that you are willing to adopt a lovely Senior kitty. When I saw her, I could not help but see our RB Molly(2/18.08)in her sweet face!!!

orangemm
02-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh yes, that FACE!!! She needs you and I suspect the feeling is mutual.:)

What a wonderful thing for her if you decide to adopt her.

Go for it!!!!

katladyd
02-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Sir Max is saying "Mom, why are you even asking?"

She needs to be loved and you have just what it takes!!

Go for it!!

I know that is just what Max is saying. He doesn't want you sad any longer and he knows you will give this loving girl an excellent home!

Killearn Kitties
02-17-2010, 03:29 PM
She is a beautiful girl! Is she home yet????????????
:love::love::love:

Cataholic
02-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Tap, tap, tap.....:D

catmandu
02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
I think that Max and Spreckles would never want you to be lonely, they want a Mature Cat to visit when they come ad see you.
Shes such a Dear Older Cat and I think that you would be so good together.
The Found Cats would certainly send a Mouse for Puddy Tat!!!
:love::love::love:

katladyd
02-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I so hope you get to adopt her. Puddy needs you and you need Puddy!:love:

ChrisH
02-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh, slick, of course you should. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/yes.gif She is lovely and you seem perfect for each other.

Sounds a little like my Ebbs in her ways. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-17-2010, 05:39 PM
As Tweedy would say, "I hope you get dat Puddy tat'!!! :love: :D

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
It sounds like something about her already has your heart!

Catty1
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Hmmmm.....I clicked the link and went to the Gallery...and Puddy's pic wasn't there...Hmmmmm..... :p;):D

Grace
02-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Hmmmm.....I clicked the link and went to the Gallery...and Puddy's pic wasn't there...Hmmmmm..... :p;):D

I just clicked on the link and the picture and description are still there - curious?

momoffuzzyfaces
02-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Did you notice that the blankie she was laying on is about the same color as Max's fur? ;) Fingers crossed here!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Yes, she is, she is several pages over. Fingers still crossed! :love:

Catty1
02-17-2010, 06:59 PM
OOPS ok...didn't see that there were more gallery pages.... :o

slick
02-17-2010, 07:16 PM
LOLOL, you guys are too phunny.

I completed the online adoption form on Monday and on Monday night I got a call at home from VOKRA rep - VOKRA is Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association. I met the woman who runs it a few years ago. The organization is incredible and it's run out of this woman's home. Dedicated volunteers take care of business.

So back to the phone call Monday evening. I said to the person who called "before we go any further, can I pay the adoption fee up front and can you keep fostering her for a couple of months?" The reason I asked was that I want to get my carpet replaced because Max did pee in several places in his last couple of weeks :(, and I want to get some painting done. I've now decided to defer the rug replacement until next year and just get it professionally cleaned and I've booked that for Sat Feb 27th. After that I have some painting that needs to be done so I'm thinking by the end of March.

Having said all that, I emailed them again today to let them know how keen I am about Puddy. The more I look at her, the more I want that sweet baby. If they get back to me with a "No" answer (and I'll be surprised if they don't as that's asking alot) then I will get my renos done and check back in a few months and hope that she's still available. Another option that I just thought of is maybe I can pay the adoption fee and some additional funds for food until I can go and get her.

I just have to be patient and **tap tap tap** along with the rest of you. ;) One step at a time, Slick.

carole
02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh Slick I am so happy for you, you know Max would understand, and she is simply gorgeous, you really needed to ask us? you knew what all the replies would say lol, good luck hope you get your sweet furbaby,gosh in the face she reminds me a little of Ash.

anna_66
02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
It's nice to hear it's a YES on your end, now let's hope it's a YES on theirs!
Good Luck Slick!

Shady
02-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Fingers (and everything else) crossed for you Slick. :)

slick
02-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I just heard from VOKRA. They said "no problem". :):) She has emailed me the contact info for the Foster Mom so hopefully I can go over and visit her a few times in the coming weeks. Poor girl has been there for awhile.

Her history is that she and another kitty (whom she didn't get along with well) lived with an older lady who went into a long term care facility. The other kitty was outgoing and got adopted right away but poor Puddy hid all the time and this shy girl was not happy. Apparently she has come out of her shell since going into foster care. Hopefully I can bring out the sunshine inside that I know she has. I'll keep you updated.

I really think my RB Speckles has had something to do with this. Max, not so much.

Shady
02-17-2010, 11:40 PM
I just heard from VOKRA. They said "no problem". :):) She has emailed me the contact info for the Foster Mom so hopefully I can go over and visit her a few times in the coming weeks. Poor girl has been there for awhile.

Her history is that she and another kitty (whom she didn't get along with well) lived with an older lady who went into a long term care facility. The other kitty was outgoing and got adopted right away but poor Puddy hid all the time and this shy girl was not happy. Apparently she has come out of her shell since going into foster care. Hopefully I can bring out the sunshine inside that I know she has. I'll keep you updated.

I really think my RB Speckles has had something to do with this. Max, not so much.

Awesome!

Congrats on your new baby! :)

ChrisH
02-18-2010, 06:37 AM
That is such great news! :D I am so happy for you both. :D

Medusa
02-18-2010, 07:13 AM
http://orphankittenrescue.com/cats/puddy_1/

:) She's exactly what I'm looking for. She looks so much like my RB Speckles. I've got my application in. **holding my breath** She's 12 years old.

Quote from the Foster Mom (in case you can't see the website)

Calm, quiet, sweetie-girl. Puddy is very zen, she likes to watch all the goings-on from the comfort of her chair, and when she's made up her mind about things, she might choose to come and murmur a few words of wisdom to her humans. She likes quiet, but is sure to venture out to see the company and garner new pats, which we are always so ready to give, her fur is sooo soft.
She is a restful character, putting up with all our coos and kisses, especially if we scratch her cheeks, and rewards our attention with constant purring. She doesn't fuss about being picked up - and seems to like being held for a while by the window (Puddy is not an obvious complainer, she'll just wait for you to finish with your attentions...). I am pretty sure she would sit on my lap if I would sit on the couch and relax more. Someone who watches TV might be her perfect match! She comes to visit in the bedroom at night and in the morning but prefers to sleep in her chair; it's a lovely thing to hear her serenade me at night with 15 minutes of purring.
She is easy care and doesn't need a lot of attention. She eats dry food so she'd be good with someone who can't be home a lot. She has playful moments but is not so curious as to go jumping around on counters or investigating food or plants. She has taken a liking to dangly rope and will play with me for a bit - I'm hoping to find just the right toy for her soon.
Puddy is perfect for a quiet home and someone who likes to have a purring machine nearby.

Mary (Medusa): What do you think of her name????;)

OMG, I'm just now seeing this! It gave me chills, Vicki! She's 12 years old w/Pidgie's personality, which makes her a very sweet and lovable cat and she's got Puddy's name. Come on! To give an older cat a home is just wonderful. I haven't read the rest of this thread yet but I'm hoping that you're approved for adopting her. I'm sure Max would approve, too, and Puddy and Pidgie gave it a "paws up". :D :love:

Ok, I just read a little bit more. You say Max probably wouldn't approve. Well, maybe not but he would approve of his beloved Mom being happy. Of that I'm certain. And you have an RB cat named Speckles and I have a cat named Specs and your Puddy had problems w/another cat and not getting along and my RB Pidgie had problems w/Peeka. Ok, I'm rambling but this is just too juicy!

Btw, I just love her face. She definitely reminds me of my Pidgie Pie. They both have that calm, wise, serene look about them. I'm so happy that this is working out for both of you, Vicki. So happy!

anna_66
02-18-2010, 07:19 AM
This is so awesome to hear Slick:D

Pinot's Mom
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
GREAT NEWS!! Congratulations to you both! :D

Taz_Zoee
02-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I am doing a happy dance here!! She reminds me of my Taz too, she just has a little more white on her chin.
I am so excited for you, Slick!!! As I read along I was getting anxious. Then I got to the post about you fur sure getting her and I have tears in my eyes! :D :D

catmandu
02-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Pryaers are coming from the Found Cat Hotel that Puddy Tat will be Your Friend.
I bet Max :love:and Spreckles:love: are there now, relaying the Good News!!!:love::love::love:

Catty1
02-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Maybe we could have a Virtual Kitty Shower in Thursdays! :D Looking forward to pics!:love:

BTW slick, just wondering how those older cats made out that belonged to that wonderful volunteer lady who passed away? I hope they got furrever homes.:)

Prairie Purrs
02-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Her picture brought on some tears because she looks like my Kiri. It's wonderful that you're adopting an older kitty, and Puddy sounds like she'll reward you with lots of purrs and lap snuggles. :love:

gini
02-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Ah dear friend - you got yourself a Puddy Tat!!! Oh, she has no idea that her senior years will be spent in the life of luxury and all of the love that she can handle.

krazyaboutkatz
02-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Congrats Slick!!!:D She's purrfect for you and I know that you'll both be very happy together.:)

Cataholic
02-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Just thinking out loud, and offering my thoughts....professional cleaning of carpets, IMO, will not remove the urine smell. Urine will have soaked through to the pad, and the cleaning just won't touch it. To OUR noses, maybe. To a cat's? Doubtful, at best.

I would imagine bringing in a kitty of any kind, and maybe a senior, especially, would be stressful to the kitty. Having carpet that might contain pee scents might be a lot for a kitty to overlook, initially. Puddy might pee on those spots just because she can't help it.

Just tossing it out there, for what it might be worth.

kb2yjx
02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I think Max is sending you a reminder that you have a good heart and it is full of love!!! And that is why you are giving this sweet old girl a home!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Aw!!! Couldn't you just paint AROUND her? ;)

happy dance happy dance!!! :love:

gini
02-18-2010, 12:31 PM
I went back again to look at her sweet face - she looks so adorable.

RedHedd
02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
The picture is a bit dark on my screen so I can't really tell her coloring; do I spot some tortiness? Good for you, Slick, in getting another one. One RB kids sure do know when the time is right, don't they?

orangemm
02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
I enlarged the pic and fell in love with that sweet face!

She is going to be one lucky girl!!!

slick
02-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Just thinking out loud, and offering my thoughts....professional cleaning of carpets, IMO, will not remove the urine smell. Urine will have soaked through to the pad, and the cleaning just won't touch it. To OUR noses, maybe. To a cat's? Doubtful, at best.

I would imagine bringing in a kitty of any kind, and maybe a senior, especially, would be stressful to the kitty. Having carpet that might contain pee scents might be a lot for a kitty to overlook, initially. Puddy might pee on those spots just because she can't help it.

Just tossing it out there, for what it might be worth. Thank Johanna, these were my thoughts as well. It's not signed, sealed and delivered yet. I still need to make a few trips over to the foster mom's place to see of Puddy likes me. I will be taking along a very good friend of mine, Barb, to meet Puddy as well. She has a very good instinct. I'm not making any decisions just yet. In the meantime, I continue to take steps to spruce up my condo as much as possible while I'm "petless".

Cataholic
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks for seeing I meant my advice from a loving point, with NO other thought behind it. It will all work out.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
I still need to make a few trips over to the foster mom's place to see of Puddy likes me.
Ok, foster homes are sometimes extremely nice places to live, but there is NOTHING like your very own furever home. Slick: "Hi, Puddy." Puddy: "Hi, Meowmy, when can you take me home?" Slick: "But Puddy, I need to know if you like me before I take you home." Puddy: "But meowmy, I want to go home with you NOW!" ;) :)

Can't wait to hear the renos are done and Puddy is home! :D

RICHARD
02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Me and Mr Puddy want to watch a scary movie.

catmandu
02-25-2010, 09:57 AM
When Your New Arrival comes, the Found Cats want to send her a Cat Nip Mouse and Ball.:love::love:
Please PM us your address, we sadly have lost yours.:eek:

slick
02-25-2010, 04:10 PM
It will be at least a few weeks until I make a decision on this. If I decide to get the carpet replaced, then that will be in the summertime so sadly Puddy will have to stay content where she is right now. She gets lots of loving so that's a good thing.

Vermontcat
02-28-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm so happy that you have found Puddy and hopefully will be able to bring her home with you soon.:)
If I were you, I wouldn't be able to wait so long to take her home. After my Samantha went to the Rainbow Bridge I scrubbed the bathroom and replaced the throw rug she spent most of her last weeks on but I never replaced the hall carpet that she had also had accidents on. We had cleaned plenty of spots on the hall carpet but Milly and Izzy never had any issues with it. So maybe you will just forget about replacing the carpet and get Puddy sooner.

slick
02-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I will not be taking dear Puddy, well, for now that is. Please see my other thread in Cat General.