PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything more special....

RICHARD
02-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Than to see your cat splayed in a spot of sunshine, legs akimbo?

Late in the day, Ed makes his way to the front door to lounge in the afternoon sun.

His 'whiteness' brightens the room and makes me laugh.
If he does wake up, his first stop is his treat dish for a bite to eat, then to see if my lap is interested in the residual heat from his solar enounter.

Think of the money you would save by heating a few hundred cats in the sunshine and allowing them to keep you warm on those cool winter afternoons?;)

Killearn Kitties
02-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh Ed, you just couldn't look any more cute lounging in the sun there!
You are just doing your bit for greener energy, aren't you? :D

lizbud
02-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Wow, Ed looks very comforable, and cute.:)

RICHARD
02-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow, Ed looks very comforable, and cute.:)

Yeah, he sleeps during the day and paces the house at night.

I used to think it was my bladder that woke me up.....Try listening to the ONLY cat you own running thru the house like a caffeine freak?;):D

cassiesmom
02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Edster, you look so content and comfortable! Nothing is more special than a cat enjoying the sun.

katladyd
02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Ed and Richard are goin' green!

moosmom
02-16-2010, 06:48 PM
RICHARD,

Take it from one with experience....you do NOT want to put your face in the Edster's beautiful white belly while he's in a deep sleep. It can get real ugly.

He's beautiful and you are so lucky to have him in your life. At least you're appreciated!!!:p

I'd love to have a sweater made out of the Edster's beautiful white fur. Care to indulge me???

happylabs
02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Wow he is so bright white! Did you bleach him? I just love his furriness.

rg_girlca
02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
What adorable pictures of your Edster soaking up the sun. Sending gentle scritchies on that pure white belly.

Medusa
02-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Now that's a contented kitty kat! My RB Peeka would follow the sunrays all day until they disappeared, however, w/the weather that we're having, it would take more than a couple of hundred kitty kats to keep us warm. We'd need at least a thousand! ;)

lvpets2002
02-17-2010, 09:00 AM
:love: Awee Ed you look so Calm & Peacefull there sunning.. Your such a Handsome Boy..

catmandu
02-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Sleeping Cats are so joyous to see.:love::love:
I bought a Sleeping Cats Calendar at PetsMart and I am glad I dis as there are over 300 Furry Snoozers!:):)
Its a shame that Edsters not there, he sure would fit right in!!!:love::love:

katladyd
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Now that's a contented kitty kat! My RB Peeka would follow the sunrays all day until they disappeared, however, w/the weather that we're having, it would take more than a couple of hundred kitty kats to keep us warm. We'd need at least a thousand! ;)

I have lived in Wisconsin and Michigan before, so I know what cold is. That is why I moved home to Los Angeles. It was around 80 degrees yesterday. It's expensive here, but worth it.

astrid
02-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Wow he is so bright white! Did you bleach him? I just love his furriness.

LOL:D:D
Yep! He's so bright white!
He looks so comfy, I wish I could join him..

RICHARD
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL:D:D
Yep! He's so bright white!
He looks so comfy, I wish I could join him..

Lovely,

If you noticed I put my string and stapler next to him so I would not have to open the door and wake him up, With the two of you sleep in the doorway?:D;)

Katy,
The weather.....I was going to post a note about it, but worried that people would hate me for it.....Thanks for taking the 'heat'!:confused::rolleyes::cool:

Ed is about due for a bath.....but when he parks himself in front of the door like that?

His fur reflects the sunlight and it really does brighten up a room!:D

katladyd
02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Well, the weather is nice here in the winter! I'm lovin' it! Today I wore short sleeves to work. Snow is not my friend, I found that out a long time ago. Something to do with black ice.....:eek:

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow, what a beautiful fellow Ed is!

I just LOVE when cats sprawl in the sun.

slick
02-17-2010, 08:17 PM
PURRNO ALERT, PURRNO ALERT!!!!!! :D:D Excuse me while I cover my innocent eyes.... :D:D

RICHARD
03-01-2010, 10:46 PM
My spot, taken by the 'boss'........;)

katladyd
03-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Well, at least you know who's in charge.:D

happylabs
03-02-2010, 12:44 AM
My spot, taken by the 'boss'........;)

Okay, I definitely see a halo above his head in this picture. What an angel Richard. He really is a special cat. From a previous post you said he needed a bath. Do you actually bathe him?

DJFyrewolf36
03-02-2010, 02:27 AM
What a cutie! :love:

RICHARD
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Okay, I definitely see a halo above his head in this picture. What an angel Richard. He really is a special cat. From a previous post you said he needed a bath. Do you actually bathe him?

Well, yes!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143140&highlight=ed%2C+bath

It's always an adventure.

I took him to a Pet Mart style store to get him done the first time.

The second time? The tech told me he remembered Edward because of the fight he put up while having his undercarriage shaved, to save me the parental embarrassment, I TRY to groom him at home.

It's kinda cold and there is a storm moving in this week, so I may put it off for a week or two?:eek:

happylabs
03-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Well, yes!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143140&highlight=ed%2C+bath

It's always an adventure.

I took him to a Pet Mart style store to get him done the first time.

The second time? The tech told me he remembered Edward because of the fight he put up while having his undercarriage shaved, to save me the parental embarrassment, I TRY to groom him at home.

It's kinda cold and there is a storm moving in this week, so I may put it off for a week or two?:eek:

Oh my. Loved that story. I either missed that post or it was before I was an active member of PT.

I only had one cat that I had to bathe and that was Kit Kat. She was too heavy to clean her own rear area so occasionally we would bathe her. It took two of us and she was NOT a happy girl. Somewhere I have a picture of her all wet with her hair spiked up sitting in her bed staring daggers at me after a bath. I must look for that pic and post it.

RICHARD
03-12-2010, 08:47 AM
more of "angel"?????:eek::)

astrid
03-12-2010, 09:30 AM
In the second pic he is begging to be kissed :love::D
He's so gorgeous!!!

RICHARD
03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Two more?:)

happylabs
03-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Awwww Ed's got a blankey. :):love::)

RICHARD
03-28-2010, 11:18 PM
yep, a tough life.....;)

happylabs
03-29-2010, 07:58 AM
yep, a tough life.....;)

The first pic I just want to kiss his little forehead!
The second one should be on a Kitteh calendar! :D

RICHARD
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I wish I could take better photos of him.

When I try to use the flash his 'albedo' washes out the picture.

I have to pray when I try to catch him in a photo op!!.:rolleyes:;)

Catty1
03-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Try a pic without flash...

He sure is beautiful, though. How old is the Edster?

RICHARD
03-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Try a pic without flash...

He sure is beautiful, though. How old is the Edster?

The Edster is 10, 11 in about May..

He was the runt of a litter, way too small to have been separated from his mom, when my GF picked him up.

He fit into the pocket of my t-shirt then!

He came to live with me in Feb of 2002.

I do try the nonflash photos, most of them are taken that way!

happylabs
03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
There is that halo! I used my special photo processing to bring it out. See photo. :)