PDA

View Full Version : Today is NOT the day to ask me for advice...

moosmom
02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
My lovely, self-centered, selfish 33 year old daughter called me asking for advice on her tortie kitten, Molly. It seems that Molly has an URI and is blowing buggars and sneezing.

I first looked to see if I had any Clavamox on hand. Not enough for 10 days. I told her she needs to get Molly to the vet for Ammoxy or Clavamox, with extra to start Maggie Mae on just in case.

Her reply, "I don't think Paul (fiance) wants to take her to the vet." I went off on her!!! "If you don't want to take my advice, then don't call me up and ask for it!!!" "If you're not going to take care of that kitten then you need to find a home for it!!!" and I hung up. She called me right back and I forwarded into my voicemail. I just cannot deal with this right now.

I told her about MooShoo (all she cares about is herself, as usual. The world revolves around my daughter, or so SHE thinks.)

I don't mean to vent, but my emotions right now are off charts.

Karen
02-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Oh, Donna, I bet she's take the kitty to the vet after thinking about it. Have a nice cup of tea, and snuggle a kitty for a few minutes.

Catty1
02-16-2010, 12:10 PM
{{{hugs}}}

If she had posted in Cat Health about these symptoms, everyone would have told her what you did.

Let all the calls go to voice mail if you need to. If I was there, I would take you out for comfort food. It involves dark chocolate and cake.:love:

Sending prayers.

Freedom
02-16-2010, 01:23 PM
my emotions right now are off charts.

Donna, I think this sums it up perfectly! You know in other posts you have told us about your daughter, about her engagement and how happy you were. This is just not the time for anyone to bother you about any thing, living or inanimate.

Hugs to you, my friend.

caseysmom
02-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Take a deep breath I do see your point but I hesitate to run to the vet too since it is usually so expensive...

Anikaca77
02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Donna-

I understand, at a time like this when MooShoo passing was just sudden it's hard to deal with other things. I was in shock when I read about MooShoo. Just try to relax a little bit and vent on here, it does help.

We are here for you.

Melissa

moosmom
02-17-2010, 02:09 PM
I spoke with Amy this morning and they are taking Molly to the vet this afternoon. I apologized to her and explained that I was not fit for human consumption yesterday and ended up turning my phone off for the duration of the day. She also apologized and said that she doesn't know why she does that (believe me, she does it frequently so I should be used to it and just go with the flow). She's going to call me when she gets home from the vet.

boomersooner
02-17-2010, 04:04 PM
That's good...you both came to an agreement, and the cat is getting medical attention....all is good for now.