PDA

View Full Version : RIP Beautiful Clare Fairbanks...

moosmom
02-16-2010, 07:58 AM
I didn't know where to put this dedication so here goes:

Clare, I started writing a story about you. It's from the heart. You were the kind of Mom anyone would want to have!!! You loved everyone and was loved by everyone.

You came into my life and took me under your wing. You taught me patience (well sometimes), unconditional love by putting my beautiful Mollie Rose into my life. You made everyone who entered the doors of the Bill Wilson House in East Dorset, VT feel like one of the family. You taught me how to make the best bread pudding in town!! The going joke was no chicken was safe as long as Clare was around. She could cook a mean chicken in no time flat and it would taste like it came from a gourmet restaurant!!!

RIP my beautiful, dear, beloved adopted Mom, Clare. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your services. But you KNOW I loved you so, you were always in my thoughts and prayers and just as you always told me when we hung up I was in yours.

See you again "one fine day" sweet lady.:(:(

Karen
02-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Rest in peace, lovely lady.

Donna, maybe you could share her bread pudding recipe, and extend her legacy of love and good food even further?

Catty1
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I was looking for a picture of her. Here is a link to her obit...but look at the beautiful smiling face there. :) Donna, you were so so blessed; I am sure you have a guardian angel.

http://mi-cache.legacy.com/legacy/images/Cobrands/RutlandHerald/Photos/ClareFairbanks02152010_20100215.jpg

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/rutlandherald/obituary.aspx?n=clare-fairbanks&pid=139726104

moosmom
02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Candace,

Thank you SO much for putting this up. I never would've known to look there. I signed the guest book. She was such a wonderful woman. I will never forget her!!

Karen,

I'll get the recipe and put it up when I get a chance. Even my Dad told me years ago that it was THE best bread pudding he's ever had!!!