PDA

View Full Version : ok, so where is it?

catnapper
02-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Cameron had a rough day. Temper tantrum after temper tantrum. At one point, we told him that if he didn't stop throwing things we would turn the TV off. His response was to grab the remote and hide it so we couldn't turn it off :mad: (oh yeah, he was THAT bad today ---- he bit me twice, and drew blood both times. He even attempted to dump a whole litterbox on the floor, thank goodness I saw that one in process!)

I know its IN THE ROOM -- but where? We moved the bed... even lifted the box spring and cleaned under it. We moved the dressers (and found the land of the lost cat toys) We checked all the drawers, cabinets, inside the pillowcases. I did the laundry (it needed to be done anyway :o )

He had it and hid it in 5 seconds flat. So its there somewhere.... but where?

Can you all put out you psychic tendencies and tell me where the TV remote is?

Karen
02-15-2010, 06:55 PM
In the toy box?

In a cat bed?

Does he now know you can hit the off switch without a remote? ;) Best unplug the TV if he's out of the room, so he doesn't figure out the off button also turns it on!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Behind the tv? (Sometimes when I am looking for something all over I notice it in an obvious place much later).

Underneath a rug?

Scooter's Mom
02-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Get on your knees and be at his level... then look around!

Cookiebaker
02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
in the trash?

Husky_mom
02-15-2010, 07:33 PM
being at his level and "seeing" where he could be able to reach from there can help

a pic of the room might come in handy to give you some hints.. so we know what furniture, hidden enclosures, in between stuff places we can suggest..

if he hid it in 5 secs.. it probably was somewhere in the low part.. under something, near something (like leg of bed,dresser etc).. if he had to do it fast.. low hiding would be easier.. because as I see "high" hiding could be easy for you to find

have you checked bathroom?.. tub?.. back of toilet?

Husky_mom
02-15-2010, 07:33 PM
oh.. kitty food?

Nomilynn
02-15-2010, 07:37 PM
in the litter box that he tried to dump over?

gini
02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
in the litter box that he tried to dump over?

That was my first thought too!:eek::eek:

boomersooner
02-15-2010, 08:21 PM
In between his mattress and box springs or down in his sheets......

RICHARD
02-15-2010, 08:22 PM
It's in his room.
I want to say that kids will hide stuff in their room because they have more
'control' over what they have..

No pun intended.:rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
In his pocket?

Have you found it?

mina'smomma
02-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Check the fridge. That is Cadi's favorite place to hide things.;)

prechrswife
02-15-2010, 09:09 PM
If he has any kind of bag or box he likes to put things in, look there. That's our daughter's favorite hiding spot. We also find things in the toy kitchen pretty regularly.

catnapper
02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Laughing because you've all suggested the places we looked first --- the litterbox has been scooped twice since the remote went missing. I was in the snow checking the trash (blech!)

I checked his toy boxes, his clothes dresser, and bookcase.
I checked the entire office (including the litterbox in there)
I even checked the bathroom cabinets, drawers, trash.

The remote is gone! Hey, thanks to the missing remote, the bedroom is cleaner than it has been in a long time! :D

I feel so bad for the little guy. He always has a hard time on mondays. He's always over tired and flat-out refuses to take a nap. So he's GRUMPY. He gets frustrated easily and lashes out at anything within reach. So whatever is close at hand gets tossed, ripped, kicked, etc.

Taz_Zoee
02-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Maybe he threw it out the door into the snow. You won't find it until Spring. :(

I'm sorry the little guy had such a rough day.

happylabs
02-16-2010, 07:47 AM
I have wracked my brain and cannot come up with anything. However, I do have a suggestion for future. Keep the remote high enough that he cannot reach it. :D

Also, as far as temper trantrums go, I always ignored my kids when they tried that on me. Once they realize they are getting no attention from it they will have no reason to throw one. :D :D

Catty1
02-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Sounds like the poor guy has really tiring weekends. I'm glad it's only on Mondays.

{{{hugs}}} to you and hubby and especially Cameron.:love:

Husky_mom
02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
couple days have gone by... have you asked him where he put it?... thatīs IF he remembers.. lol.. good thing you can get a universal one in case you canīt find it...

good to hear itīs only mondays.. but hopefully that doesnīt last long

lizbud
02-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Well, did you find the remote? where was it?

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Probably a little late for this suggestion but would unplugging the tv when he was out of sight and then telling him that the tv will never, ever come on again unless he gets the remote out of it's hiding place?

krazyaboutkatz
02-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Kim, did you ever find the remote? If so where was it?

catnapper
02-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Oops... its been a crazy week. It turns out that Cameron wasn't simply cranky. He was getting sick. So now he's a sniffy whiny little boy who's made us all sick. :rolleyes:

We finally found the remote last night --- behind the office door. We always keep that door open, so its a wonder we found it already!

RICHARD
02-19-2010, 08:58 AM
We finally found the remote last night --- behind the office door. We always keep that door open, so its a wonder we found it already!

What I do to keep a remote 'visible'?

I take a string, piece of yarn or ribbon and place one end in the battery compartment, so it makes a 'tail' on the unit.

If you use some kind of bright colored string or yarn? you can find it readily should it fall into a couch cushion or under furniture......

Even behind a door?:eek:;)

catnapper
02-19-2010, 09:08 AM
What I do to keep a remote 'visible'?

I take a string, piece of yarn or ribbon and place one end in the battery compartment, so it makes a 'tail' on the unit.

If you use some kind of bright colored string or yarn? you can find it readily should it fall into a couch cushion or under furniture......

Even behind a door?:eek:;)

See the flaw in your design is that you don't have 8 cats.... 8 cats + ribbon.... the ribbon would be gone long before the remote is lost again! :D

RICHARD
02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
See the flaw in your design is that you don't have 8 cats.... 8 cats + ribbon.... the ribbon would be gone long before the remote is lost again! :D

DOH!:eek: