PDA

View Full Version : congratulations America.....

carole
02-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Well done, you have won back the Americas Cup, now why am i so delighted, well because your boat is mainly crewed by Kiwis, and your skipper, or whatever you call him is none other than our Russell Coutts.

I am still mad with him , and think of him as a traitor, lol, but i guess you have to go where the money is don't you and NZ just could not offer it to him.

Anyhow I am now just hoping we can win it back off you again lol.:D:D

Cinder & Smoke
02-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Well done, you have won back the Americas Cup ...

Read all about it >>>

http://www.americascup.com/en/

There sure wasn't much publicity BEFORE the race. :mad:

Lady's Human
02-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Had I known it was that time of year, I would've been watching.............

carole
02-15-2010, 04:41 PM
yes well that is a darn shame there was not more publicity, this is exciting for you all.

RICHARD
02-15-2010, 04:51 PM
yes well that is a darn shame there was not more publicity, this is exciting for you all.

Because most of the country is land locked and Dennis Connor and Ted Turner are broke, we don't pay attention.;)

carole
02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh i see, i thought this event would be huge in the US OF A,oh well, anyhow you guys got it for a little while until us kiwis take it off you again lol.:D:D mind you in order to do that we might have to get our Russell back home again.

Pinot's Mom
02-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Carole, in some circles, this IS huge! I grew up in Newport, RI and the America's Cup is enormous (for obvious reasons). I, for one, am very glad and welcome the competition!:D

gini
02-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Carole, how exciting this news is - and thank you for being so humble as to congratulate us.

Darn - if I had known I would have watched the whole thing if I could.
The races are so exciting!

carole
02-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes i am not a sports person myself but i love watching the America's Cup,well of course i would love us to win it back, but it is nice to see it back where it should be if you know what i mean, after all it is called the Americas Cup isn't it?

We kiwis will be up for the challenge,it will be like kiwis against kiwis though lol.:D

smokey the elder
02-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Kind of like the Lombardi Trophy ought to belong to the Green Bay Packers!:D

RICHARD
02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
The winning boat is a beautiful trimaran

http://www.cupinfo.com/en/bmwo-press33-multihull-firstflight-photo-004.php

wombat2u2004
02-17-2010, 05:25 AM
oh well, anyhow you guys got it for a little while until us kiwis take it off you again lol

Yeah, but that won't happen until the Aussies think up another engineering masterpiece that you Kiwis in turn will steal !!!!! Hee hee :p:p

Freedom
02-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Carole, in some circles, this IS huge! I grew up in Newport, RI and the America's Cup is enormous (for obvious reasons). I, for one, am very glad and welcome the competition!:D

Gosh, too much going on! Olympics, Westminster, America's Cup. WOW!

I just read our morning newspaper, didn't see this mentioned; but then, they are strange at the ProJo anyhow. :rolleyes:

Thanks for informing me of this great win!

carole
02-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Wombat you seriously think you are going to get away with that comment, forget it mate, it is the other way around you are always pinching our famous people and calling them your own,tut tut, shame on you aussies lol.

Don't worry folks this is all in good humour, right Wombat.:D

wombat2u2004
02-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Wombat you seriously think you are going to get away with that comment, forget it mate, it is the other way around you are always pinching our famous people and calling them your own,tut tut, shame on you aussies lol.

Don't worry folks this is all in good humour, right Wombat.:D

Hee hee....I knew you would bite !!!!
But actually, the truth of the matter is...Alan Bond, and a whole heap of other famous Aussie people (too many to count of course) all got together and discussed the possibility of letting you guys have a win at something every now and again, lest your island lose it's name and just become a another part of Antarctica.
You see how us Aussies care about you all ???? We're not going to let you all over there slip into obscurity !!!!! We care about you. :p:p:p

gini
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh Oh, heads up - there is a fight going on "downunder":D:D:D

carole
02-17-2010, 07:47 PM
He He Gini this has been going on for years lol.:)

Who on earth is Alan Bond wombat, some aussie i have never heard of???

yeah right ,you Aussies live in such a fantasy world don't you? lol.

katladyd
02-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Kind of like the Lombardi Trophy ought to belong to the Green Bay Packers!:D

I've lived in Wisconsin. My family is from there. You can keep it. Go Saints!

wombat2u2004
02-18-2010, 07:02 AM
He He Gini this has been going on for years lol.:)

Who on earth is Alan Bond wombat, some aussie i have never heard of???

yeah right ,you Aussies live in such a fantasy world don't you? lol.

Big Al ???? Well he was originally a pom you know....and they don't count :D
And yes, we do live in a fantasy world here....and "why not ??" any Aussie would say...after all....we do live in the best country in the world !!! :D:D:D

carole
02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Actually Wombat must correct you on that one i think you mean't to say the second best country in the world, you know what jokes aside Aussie is a fabulous place, and i have only been to sydney many moons ago, but the rest of my family go to the gold coast every year and love it.

I certainly would like NZ to become as rich as Australia, our present PM is aiming for that, but then again pigs fly don't they?:D:D

wombat2u2004
02-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Actually Wombat must correct you on that one i think you mean't to say the second best country in the world, you know what jokes aside Aussie is a fabulous place, and i have only been to sydney many moons ago, but the rest of my family go to the gold coast every year and love it.

I certainly would like NZ to become as rich as Australia, our present PM is aiming for that, but then again pigs fly don't they?:D:D

Did you live in Sydney for a while ??? Lot's of Kiwis do that. In fact I was engaged to be married to one when I was about 23 years old. She was from One Tree Hill in Auckland, her old man was the postie there.
When I was posted to Singapore/Malaya for two years, I guess it was too long for her to wait the 2 years I was away....which is fair enuf given the fact that we were both young.
But I was with the 161 Battery Kiwi Artillery for a long time, so got to know a lot of them guys.
Never been to NZ tho myself, stopped over there once for about an hour on transit to USA...never got off the plane, so I guess that doesn't count as "being there" eh ??

carole
02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Wombat i only had a three day shopping trip to sydney, i used to work for the Navy, i was office staff,not in the Navy, they always organised real cheap trips to Oz, i got a real good deal, as someone could not go ,in those days you could transfer air tickets in any name,i stayed in the famous kings cross, it was a real eye-opener to a then 20 year old.

I would dearly love to return to Oz, my son went to Sydney a few months ago and really liked it.

You should hop across the ditch sometime, i think you would like our little piece of paradise here.

wombat2u2004
02-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Wombat i only had a three day shopping trip to sydney, i used to work for the Navy, i was office staff,not in the Navy, they always organised real cheap trips to Oz, i got a real good deal, as someone could not go ,in those days you could transfer air tickets in any name,i stayed in the famous kings cross, it was a real eye-opener to a then 20 year old.

I would dearly love to return to Oz, my son went to Sydney a few months ago and really liked it.

You should hop across the ditch sometime, i think you would like our little piece of paradise here.

I very nearly went last winter. My daughter was organising a ski trip, and was in the process of booking a week down at Perisher Valley, I checked the internet and found that the cost of a week in Perisher was equal to a week in NZ ski fields, air fares and all !!!! Go figure !!! Anyway, she ended up going to Perisher, and I didn't go at all....I forget why....I probably got too busy or something. But yeah, I may go over there for a ski trip sometime.
I may even get to look up my old girlfriend from One Tree Hill :rolleyes:
So you stayed at the "Cross" ??? Hee hee.....that would have been an eye opener for you. :D

wombat2u2004
02-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh Oh, heads up - there is a fight going on "downunder":D:D:D

Do you remember the "Beverly Hillbillies" ???
Well, all the people in New Zealand look like them.
True !!!! :D

carole
02-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Now Now Wombat, they will be taking that comment with a grain of salt matey, they have seen me, and i think they are convinced i don't even resemble a hillbillie in the slightest, although would not mind looking like Ellie-Mae,ironically Wombat that is who my kitty is called after.

I think if you go to the Australian outback, you just might see someone close to resembling a hillbillie???? lol.:D:D:D

wombat2u2004
02-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh yeah, Ellie Mae.....now that's a hillbilly I could really get to know ..hee hee.
I don't think at this time of the year you'd find anyone in the outback. Probably a few cookedbillies :D:D:D
Is that your cats name ??? Ellie Mae ???? True ???

carole
02-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Yep sure is Wombat, have a look at my siggy pic below and you can see her,she is a pretty girl, just like the one on the tv series.:D

wombat2u2004
02-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Wheres the siggy pic ??? I took at look at your profile, but only other peoples cats.

carole
02-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Here Wombat on my post, look below the pink picture. lol:D you are using those man eyes again aren
t you?

wombat2u2004
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh, there's just your name there. I can't see anyones siggies.
I'll have to talk to Karen, maybe my settings are not right.
(I was wondering about that last week...I remember before, that everyone had all of those wonderful siggies on).
I have to go out on my welfare run now, so I'll take a look at my settings tonight.

RICHARD
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Carole,

Do not lie.

Had you been to Oz why didn't see any flying monkeys?:eek:;)

wombat2u2004
02-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Carole,

Do not lie.

Had you been to Oz why didn't see any flying monkeys?:eek:;)

Come to think of it....yeah....she didn't mention the flying monkeys, OR the DROP BEARS !!!!
Any Kiwi who has been to Oz knows that as soon as they get off the plane, an angry koala drops out of a tree onto their head. :D:D:D