PDA

View Full Version : nail clipping

Cookiebaker
10-15-2002, 08:20 AM
does your cat mind it when you clip it's nails?? I was doing Marigold's nails this morning, and she loves it! She purrs the whole time, and sticks around for hugs & kisses after we are all done. A friend of mine has to wrap her kitty in a couple of blankets just to touch it's toes--poor kitty!

sasvermont
10-15-2002, 08:47 AM
Isn't that funny that some cats can't tolerate having their nails clipped and others love it. My two have had it done to them since they were tiny and they don't run to me to have it done, but they too purr while it is being done. I even do the back ones.

My former Aby had ear problems and needed her ears cleaned every single day, with Q-tips. She just loved it. She would run and sit on my lap when I brought out the Q-tips.

I also brush my cats' teeth, although Miley is not wild about it. They love the flavor of the toothpaste, but not having me open their mouths. They are getting better about it as time goes on.

:)

margaret
10-15-2002, 09:26 AM
Oh, I am so jealous that your kitties allow you to trim their claws! And they even enjoy it!!! With Saima and Miko, I can maybe do one or two claws, and then it's .... "RROWRRRR! LEMME GO!!!"
:rolleyes: ;)

Chinadoll
10-15-2002, 10:11 AM
I wish! If I have lots of patience when they are sleepy, I can get most of the paws done. Mostly when it really gets time to clip because their nails are too long, I wrap them in a towel and let them have a treat while I'm clipping. It's the only way they'll be still long enough for me to get them all done. I'm so jealous :p

zookeeper
10-15-2002, 11:33 AM
Cam doesn't mind getting his nails clipped you just have to get him in the right mood. If he is in his crazy mood there is no way we can clip his nails, but when he is in his sleepy cuddly mood he just purrs away while we clip, we barely have to hold him. OUr bunny on the other hand hates having her nails clipped and we have to wrap her in a towel to do it.

toughCookie
10-15-2002, 02:44 PM
does your cat like getting its claws cut? LOL LOL, NO!, just read my post Louise is wild lol

jenluckenbach
10-15-2002, 05:02 PM
With my bunch it is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!!!:eek:

Cataholic
10-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Mine don't mind the nail trimming so much...but when I try to cut the cuticles and apply the polish...sheesh...they go hog wild! :D

Nomilynn
10-16-2002, 01:46 AM
All three of mine hate it, but they tolerate it. They all growl at me and usually try to pull away but I can usually tell them to knock it off and deal until I'm done :)

jenluckenbach
10-16-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Mine don't mind the nail trimming so much...but when I try to cut the cuticles and apply the polish...sheesh...they go hog wild! :D

VERY FUNNY

neko1
10-16-2002, 08:10 AM
My guys don't mind it at all.(thank god) I wrangle enough cats at work, I don't want to do it at home.
But seriously, I've been doing it since they were little and I guess they have just gotten used to it.

RICHARD
10-17-2002, 07:22 PM
purchase stock in J & J (band-aids, ya know!)
have a few drinks and immediately after scoot over to the red cross to see if they can use any of the blood.