PDA

View Full Version : A little update

jenluckenbach
02-13-2010, 06:16 AM
I know I haven't been around much, and I have a lot of catching up to do.

But I thought I'd give a little update.

The biggest change around here is that Innova Evo food is no longer the food of choice. Jasper will be the only one I am going to keep on this food. He has IBD and I do not want to take a chance to upset his tummy.

I am going back to the prescription Royal Canin SO. The reason? Urinary problems have increased in this family. Now HAMLET had to go to the vet for urinary problems and HE had crystals!

So even though Sterling's problem was determined to not be caused by crystals, Jim's was....Hamlet's is....Biddy has urinary problems too and I don't want to have him start blocking up. (Note: Biddy was doing OK on Evo, but he still needs to take medication to lower the PH, maybe we will be able to eliminate that if we go back to the other food)

Other than that, not much is new. No new fosters because I am determined to not take any more in. There are 25 cats here and I will NOT go up higher.
too many fosters that no one wants. :(

Take care all, I will try to catch up later.

Randi
02-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi Jen, good to see you back! :) I'm sorry to hear that so many of your kitties have urinary problems, but hopefully the new diet will help change that! I feed Fister Royal Canin SO too, but occasionally I give him Hills S/D mixed with W/D - he seems to get bored with the same food all the time.

Hope they all get better soon!

catmandu
02-13-2010, 04:31 PM
My goodness 25 Cats!!!:):)
You have the same trouble Jen as the Animal Welfare Association who have a lot of Ctas that they have cared for for years and noone wants them, so they stay at Vets or at a Pet Food Store and the cost of their care keeps the AWA from helping New Cats.:(:(
Theres just too many out there.:(
I dont blame you at all Jan, I dont think anyone does.
I had 12 at one time and thats a lot of work when they are healthy.
God Bless You Jen and Charles for helping those Cats who need you the most.:love::love::love:

kb2yjx
02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Have missed your posts!!! Sorry to hear about all the UTI's!!! Samson is on SO also. The vet also is giving him Elavil. It has been found to help the bladder and lessen the stress the cat might be feeling....hope you gang is feeling better soon!!! Take care, Jen...

phesina
02-13-2010, 06:43 PM
All the best with your fur family, Jen and Charles.. Thank you for the update.

krazyaboutkatz
02-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about so many urinary problems with your cats.:( Hopefully the Royal Canin Urinary S/O will help keep them healthy.

Wow! I didn't realize that you had 25 cats now including fosters. I still don't know how you do it but you sure do take wonderful care of everyone.:) I'm trying to decrease my numbers too and I won't be adopting any more cats for a long time because I want to get down to no more than 2. I've learned that I just can't do it financially.

Barbara
02-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Oh Jen I'm not surprised you didn't have time for Pet Talk- 25 cats is more than one fulltime job especially when they get UT problems.
All the best for you and the kitties.

rg_girlca
02-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Jen, I am so sorry to hear that you are still having problems with some of your kitties with UTI's. I also hope and pray that changing back to the Royal Canin SO will make a difference.

I don't blame you for not taking on anymore fosters. You have enough on your plate taking care of the 25 cats that you have. I can't even imagine having all those cats. WOW!!!!:eek:

You should be very proud of yourself though with all the fosters that you did help take care of and found forever homes for. Like you always said, you loved them first. You done good girl and can't forget dear Charlie, who also had a hand in it.
Now it's time to care of you, Charlie and your precious crew. :)

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}