PDA

View Full Version : Songs for Couples

NicoleLJ
02-12-2010, 11:30 PM
I am just wondering how many couples on here have songs that they view as their song? Would love to know what it is. My fiance picked out our song. He chose God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. It definately is the perfect song for us. He is learning to play it on his guitar and when he sings it I get warm chills.

Catty1
02-13-2010, 10:30 AM
My former husband and I had "I Wanna Know What Love Is" (80's tune). Of course, the second line of the chorus is "I want you to show me."

Totally wrong viewpoint - but hey, it was music! :)

Taz_Zoee
02-13-2010, 11:19 AM
You know, it's funny, because Bruce is so into music, but we don't even have "our song". When we first started dating he started to write a song for me. But he's never finished it. Oh well. LOL :p

Karen
02-13-2010, 12:12 PM
An oldie, but a perfect one for us:

"Happy Together" by the Turtles!

wombat2u2004
02-14-2010, 08:36 AM
"Time To Say Goodbye" Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-14-2010, 09:35 AM
"Time To Say Goodbye" Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY

I saw Sarah sing this solo, with her orchestra, at a figure skating event a couple years ago. Her music isn't exactly the genre I get excited about but this is one beautiful song and her voice is magnificent.

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-14-2010, 09:39 AM
My husband and I don't really have a true "our song", but so many songs from the 70's take me back to our days of being young and super-in-love!
I guess the closest thing to "our song" would be Starland Vocal Bands "Afternoon Delight".
Other songs that really take me back would be Tonight's the Night(Rod Stewart), Follow You, Follow Me(Genesis), You Have Your Own Special Ways(Genesis) Baby I Love Your Way(Peter Frampton)...anything by Genesis, Rod Stewart, Supertramp or Peter Frampton, really.

Genny
02-14-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm not married (and currently single on Valentine's Day! :( lol) but my last bf and I had a song--it was 'You belong with me' By Taylor Swift. :rolleyes:

CountryWolf07
02-14-2010, 09:21 PM
We don't really have a "song"... we're not married but we've been dating for three years... but a couple songs do remind us of each other:

"Love Your Love the Most" - Eric Church
"Guys Like Me" - Eric Church
(the first two REALLY reminds me of Mike.... to a "T")
"Little Moments (like That)" - Brad Paisley
"When You Got a Good Thing" - Lady Antebellum

:)

wombat2u2004
02-14-2010, 10:19 PM
I saw Sarah sing this solo, with her orchestra, at a figure skating event a couple years ago. Her music isn't exactly the genre I get excited about but this is one beautiful song and her voice is magnificent.

Oh, I would have loved to have seen that. I reckon she would be fanatastic on stage.