PDA

View Full Version : Emma almost drowned the other day!!

Kirsten
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
This must have been so scary!!! My mother and Reinhold are currently on vacation on their favorite island in the North Sea, and, as usual, they took Emma with them, who always enjoyed playing on the beach.

This time, it's really cold and the sea was frozen. According to my mom who told me about this on the phone, Emma jumped onto some ice floe, but it broke and Emma fell into the ice cold water!! First, she struggled to get out there, but eventually she managed. But how scary is that?! Even if the water wasn't deep enough to be completely under water (my mother wasn't sure about this), it must have been so cold that she could have died of a heart attack, or shock as well! Poor Emma!!

As soon as she got out there, they went with her to the next Café where she was placed next to the heater so she could warm-up again. It's a couple of days ago now, and she's fine. I think she was really lucky, and I hope she'll avoid the ice floes from now on.

Here are some new pics of her btw: :)

http://www.catmom.de/pics/emma1.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pics/emma2.jpg

Kirsten

Karen
02-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Beautiful girl, goodness that must have been scary.

Emma, sweetheart, check the mirror - you are NOT a polar bear! Leave the ice floes from critters better suited for them, okay?

Kirsten
02-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Emma, sweetheart, check the mirror - you are NOT a polar bear! Leave the ice floes from critters better suited for them, okay?

Good advice, Karen! I really hope she has learnt her lesson!

Kirsten

pomtzu
02-12-2010, 12:23 PM
That's scary alright. I would have been in the panic mode for sure. :(

Glad that she is fine and none the worse for her experience. :)

lizbud
02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh wow, that must have been so scary. That frigid water would sap
all her strength very quickly.:( I am so glad she got out of there quickly.
Please don't do that again Emma, wait for summertime.:)

MonicanHonda
02-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm glad that Emma is okay. She's a very gorgeous rottie. :)

Kirsten
02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes, scary indeed! I'm glad I didn't have to witness this, I guess I would have freaked out!

She always enjoyed the water. This was her on a previous vacation:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/emma109.jpg

boomersooner
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
How scary!!! I'm so glad everything turned out okay...I remember watching the news recently about a little dog who was trapped on an ice chunk and was rescued, thank goodness!!!

Lori Jordan
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Very Scary,Im so happy she is ok!!!I panic in situations with the pups,I know i would go in after them,and probably drown myself...I know i wouldnt be of any help to them.I would be to busy screaming bloody murder.

This summer we had our boat docked at the docks in a little town 5 minutes away.Now take in WE WERE NOT EVEN MOVING,Maggy got the notion to jump off the boat.Picture this ok..I was fully dressed i dont ever remember diving out of the boat it happend all too fast,Anyways i had sandals on and they got caught in the seaweed.Maggy had already been lifted back on to the swim platform and was watching me with intrest ofcourse..Wondering What my problem was.Im strange that way,I thought she bounced off the cement wall that is why i was in panic mode,When telling a friend..She joked about getting me a life jacket,and said,"You know dogs do swim"..It was very embarassing as people were all standing watching the comotion,Thankfully it was no one who knew me lol.Lesson learned though...

omgitsapibble
02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh my! So glad she is okay!

BTW, is Emma a full blooded rottie? Omg, a rottie with a full tail... *DROOLS* :love:

Roxyluvsme13
02-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Oh my goodness, I about had a heart attack just reading this, I can't imagine how your mother must have felt when Emma did that!

She's such a pretty girl. I love her big soulful brown eyes.

luvofallhorses
02-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh my gosh! That must have been scary. :( Poor Emma so glad she is okay. I just LOVE her as you know. :love: I am SO glad she is okay. :D

cyber-sibes
02-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Glad to hear she is alright. I agree, that must have been scary! I love seeing your pictures of her, she's such a pretty girl.

Daisy and Delilah
02-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh my goodness, I about had a heart attack just reading this, I can't imagine how your mother must have felt when Emma did that!

She's such a pretty girl. I love her big soulful brown eyes.

Me too!! That must have been the scariest thing ever. Glad the outcome was good. What a gorgeous girl!!:)

*LabLoverKEB*
02-12-2010, 08:47 PM
How scary!! I'm so thankful that beautiful Emma is ok!:love:

Taz_Zoee
02-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Wow, I would have definitely freaked out if I had witnessed that of any animal. I am so glad all is well.
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl. :D

Kirsten
02-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Believe it or not, but when I spoke to my mother on the phone earlier today, Emma did it again!!! Luckily, this time the ice hold her, and she came back when my mother called her. One would have thought she had learnt her lesson!! :eek:

I'll be glad when they're all back safe from this vacation!!

Kirsten

Daisy and Delilah
02-13-2010, 02:40 PM
For Heaven's Sake!!! Emma, you need to stop scaring everyone, sweetheart! Oh my goodness. Be safe sweet girl!!

Vette
02-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Believe it or not, but when I spoke to my mother on the phone earlier today, Emma did it again!!! Luckily, this time the ice hold her, and she came back when my mother called her. One would have thought she had learnt her lesson!! :eek:

I'll be glad when they're all back safe from this vacation!!

Kirsten

Glad on both accounts that she made it out safe an sound. but sounds like her butt needs to be leashed when the waters that cold in the future from now LOL

Kirsten
02-15-2010, 03:12 PM
They came back from their trip today, and I'm really glad they made it home safe!!

Kirsten

lizbud
02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
They came back from their trip today, and I'm really glad they made it home safe!!

Kirsten

Whew, I'm glad Emma (and her people) made it home safe.:)

Alysser
02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I can't believe that happened, I too, would have been flipping out if I saw that. Poor Emma, and your poor parents, they must've been so nervous watching that. :eek: Geez, Emma you have to be more careful. I love the first pic of her, she's gorgeous as always. It's always nice to see her. :love: