PDA

View Full Version : I left my heart in Thursday's #365.

RICHARD
02-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey, it's time for all the sweethearts to do the flowers and chocolate thing this Sunday...

Behold, the DOTD.

Frothy Snowman recipe

1 oz KahluaŽ coffee liqueur
1 oz vodka
2 oz milk
1/4 oz piece chocolate

Combine Kahlua, vodka, milk, and chocolate in blender. Blend until frothy. Serve over ice in a large cocktail glass.

I want breakfast.....frying eggs, taters and bacon....

DONE!

Karen
02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
The drink sounds yummy, can I get the "no-alcohol" version?

I'll make and bring some pink, heart-shaped cookies to share!

lvpets2002
02-10-2010, 12:14 PM
:love: How about some red food coloring in your eggs & taters & in the drink.. WoW all sounds so yummy.. Lets check on Ork.. He may still be shovling Snow out East..

Queen of Poop
02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I'll take a DOTD.

No sweetheart this year so look out kitties, kisses all around!!!

lvpets2002
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
:love: Here I brought us some goodies.. A varity.. Could I get one of those yummy drinks please..

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/72834valentines.jpg

RICHARD
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
:love: Here I brought us some goodies.. A varity.. Could I get one of those yummy drinks please..

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/72834valentines.jpg

You sure can!

And I wish we could send an army of ORCs to help out!

Red and pink breakfast?

DONE!

QoP,
You don't need a sweetheart to be loved!

DOTD?

DONE!

Karen,

Of course you can!!

DONE!

lvpets2002
02-10-2010, 12:41 PM
:eek: WoW finally we can get Orc's whole family here.. He will be so excited.. Orc call all of your brothers & family to come on over..

Pinot's Mom
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
OOhhh, those goodies look wonderful, and that drink sounds scrumptious!

Valentine's Day proper is still up in the air at the moment here in the snowbound MidAtlantic. My husband and I usually don't celebrate it ON that day, anyway. He's in the kitchen making liqueur at the moment-what better to do while the wind whips and the snow flies?

I'll get some for everyone to share!

Oh-forgot-I'm making stroganoff for dinner (using tenderloin:)) - anyone want some? We're serving it with the Cab/Merlot blend we bottled.

pomtzu
02-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh - that drink sounds yummy. I'll take one, but please make mine with cream instead of milk. I like it rich!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the mood for a big dinner - I'm thinking french toast and sausage links. Anyone care to join me?

And boo-hoo-hoo. I have no sweatheart, so I guess the pups will have to tolerate extra snuggles and hugs from me. :love:

RICHARD
02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
I like it rich!!!!!!!!!!

I like it too, Pom!

Ba Dump!!!!;)

Think of the time we save by not having to get all primped up for that SO?

I'll make ya food!

DONE!

PM,

That sounds like a winning combo....

DONE!

P.S. You should be in the kitchen helping the hubby, I thought women liked men that "cook"!

DONE!

Catherinedana
02-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh, yes! That drink does sound fabulous. But I think that's the type of treat that could simply be applied directly to the hips and butt, it sounds so very fattening! Yum! I'll have one now and one tomorrow, please !! Hee hee! :D

I have a scratchy throat and that yummy DOTD might help to soothe it.

Cheers!

slick
02-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey everyone! Ah yes, Valentine's Day - just another commercialized day where the stores can triple the cost of roses. OOops, did I just say that???? **slaps hand on mouth** I guess you can tell what I think of this special day. :rolleyes: I just don't understand why, if you are in a loving relationship, every day shouldn't be VDday and isn't there some history about VDay being a massacre???? OK, enough of that. Note to self: leave attitude at the door.

Bartender, I'll take a DOTD please. Not worried about the calories as I have a workout tonight.

Pinot's Mom
02-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey everyone! Ah yes, Valentine's Day - just another commercialized day where the stores can triple the cost of roses. OOops, did I just say that???? **slaps hand on mouth** I guess you can tell what I think of this special day. :rolleyes: I just don't understand why, if you are in a loving relationship, every day shouldn't be VDday and isn't there some history about VDay being a massacre???? OK, enough of that. Note to self: leave attitude at the door.

Bartender, I'll take a DOTD please. Not worried about the calories as I have a workout tonight.

Slick, that's actually one of the main reasons we don't celebrate Valentine's day on the Hallmark designated day. It's a movable celebration (then again, we've moved Thanksgiving as well). It's all relative...;)

RICHARD
02-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh, yes! That drink does sound fabulous. But I think that's the type of treat that could simply be applied directly to the hips and butt, it sounds so very fattening! Yum! I'll have one now and one tomorrow, please !! Hee hee! :D

I have a scratchy throat and that yummy DOTD might help to soothe it.

Cheers!

LOL, I could draw you a bath with the ingredients and you could :rolleyes:;)apply it straight to the affected areas?:confused:

I am getting over the flu and it wasn't as bad as year's past. Take aspirin and some Alka Seltzers.

One DOTD?

DONE!

Slick,

I concur!

ONe DOTD!

DONE!

PM.
YOu have to love the 'moveable feast"!

cassiesmom
02-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I am skipping Valentine's Day this year because Chinese New Year falls on the same day. So - could I please have tea?

RICHARD
02-11-2010, 12:51 AM
I am skipping Valentine's Day this year because Chinese New Year falls on the same day. So - could I please have tea?

Green tea?

DONE!

trayi52
02-11-2010, 05:43 AM
I would really like some Hot Chocolate with some of those Cookies. Thats what sound great to me!

How are you doing this morning? I hope all are doing good this cold, cold morning.

Willie:)

Pinot's Mom
02-11-2010, 07:19 AM
From the land of Snowmageddon...

I'll have some more treats and coffee for now-gotta go help with the "big dig part II". We've had over four feet of snow in four days and there is nowhere to put it in the city (where we commute to), so we are home again.

Queen of Poop
02-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Tea and a big, cinnamon bun would be my choice for this morning.

gini
02-11-2010, 11:10 AM
I will join Q of P in a cinnamon bun - but make my beverage a strong coffee, please.

I will drop by later for one of those yummy drinks.

Valentine's Day? Well I always like the fact that you can go out and get a really nice Valentine's Day card on New Year's Day!!

RedHedd
02-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Marbles is my Valentine this year as she's stolen my heart, but we will also be celebrating the year of the Tiger - albeit a very small tortie tiger. How about some Dim Sum and green tea to kick off the weekend?

smokey the elder
02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
yum...dim sum, and dim sum more, and dim sum more...:D I had some red velvet cupcakes the other day...yummy! I need to make some.

Killearn Kitties
02-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Oh-forgot-I'm making stroganoff for dinner (using tenderloin:)) - anyone want some? We're serving it with the Cab/Merlot blend we bottled.
Oh oh oh , yes please! Is there any left???

Pinot's Mom
02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh oh oh , yes please! Is there any left???

Sure! Have a big plate - wine, too?

RICHARD
02-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I am going to turn over the chores to a volunteer today..

I am sick.

After denying the obvious for the last 4 days...it's the flu....

I get about 10 minutes of vertical time and then I have to lie down.

Please?

I'll start the tea and after that I am pretty much useless.....Even the Edster won't lie down with me!:eek::(:confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2010, 07:28 PM
All my sweethearts have four legs, tails and fuzzy faces!!! Catnip tea all around for them please!!!

Daytonna 500 is Sunday. Way more fun then lovey dovey stuff in my book! :D
I need rootbeer and snacks and plenty of those please!!! :D

And a hot toddie for the barkeep to help him feel better!!!

Catty1
02-11-2010, 08:06 PM
ummm...gosh, Richard, get well soon! And Ed - you cuddle up and comfort your master, after all he does for you and puts up with!

Gini and Gayle...do you have an extra cinnamon bun for me? Would love one with cream cheese frosting, but plain would be wonderful!

Catty1
02-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Here's your prescription, RICHARD. ED! PAY ATTENTION! Dang it all...
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/funny-pictures-cat-helps-human-with-flu.jpg

RICHARD
02-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I am back for tea.....

LOL,

I got a pizza because I didn't know what to eat or fix. I sat on the floor next to the fireplace........three minutes later?

Ed got off the couch, from a dead sleep, walked over to my plate and licked my piece of pizza.

He licked his chops, climbed back on the couch and fell asleep,again.

That was two hours ago.

--------------

Is it cheating if you have a whole bar full of sweethearts?;):love:

pomtzu
02-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Pizza with the flu??? :( I'd never be able to get that down. You must have a cast iron stomach. :eek:

There's coffee brewing for anyone that would like some on yet another cold morning. I took a pumpkin bread out of the freezer and sliced it, so anyone that wants some, just help yourself.

How about some chicken soup, RICHARD???

Pinot's Mom
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Richard, I'm sorry you're feeling badly. Ed was just making sure the pizza was OK for you to eat, that's all...and no, the whole barful is not cheating;)...

I have a special treat to share that I haven't had since I was a wee bit younger, and you can't get around here; it was sent to me...I don't know if anyone else has the memories of it I do...I have a can of B&M brown bread! Now all I have to do is get the B&M baked beans to go with it! Anyone want some? It's a regional thing...:)

smokey the elder
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh, my! Step in the wayback machine, Sherman. My grandmother used to serve that all the time.

pomtzu
02-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Richard, I'm sorry you're feeling badly. Ed was just making sure the pizza was OK for you to eat, that's all...and no, the whole barful is not cheating;)...

I have a special treat to share that I haven't had since I was a wee bit younger, and you can't get around here; it was sent to me...I don't know if anyone else has the memories of it I do...I have a can of B&M brown bread! Now all I have to do is get the B&M baked beans to go with it! Anyone want some? It's a regional thing...:)

OMG - I love that stuff - had it VERY often as a kid. One of the supermarkets around here used to carry it years ago, but not anymore. Most stores carry the beans - even in the glass bean pot jar! You can order the bread on line - I've been tempted - but never have. I used to take it out of the can and steam it, and spread it thick with butter while it was still warm. YUM!!!

RICHARD
02-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Pizza with the flu??? :( I'd never be able to get that down. You must have a cast iron stomach. :eek:

There's coffee brewing for anyone that would like some on yet another cold morning. I took a pumpkin bread out of the freezer and sliced it, so anyone that wants some, just help yourself.

How about some chicken soup, RICHARD???

I made chicken soup and ate a whole bucket of that, made fish soup and ate a bucket of that, opened cans of mushroom, tomato and chicken soup..

I was all souped out. :rolleyes::confused:

I needed something solid and wasn't in the mood to cook anything.

I had other stuff to eat, but that wasn't even on my radar...

So I ordered pizza, had one piece and was thoroughly disgusted....MY fever finally broke earlier in the day, and I was in the mood for something else.

Ugh....Now, that I feel better I'll make a giant salad and maybe a tuna melt?

DONE?

Let me get into the swing of things here....God, I think I'll have a virtual Bloody Mary.....that's the ticket!;)

Catherinedana
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Glad you're feeling better Richard!!!

I still have a scratchy throat and sound suspiciously like a man when I talk. Unfortunately, I have to sing tonight and tomorrow night. . .perhaps I will be singing baritone this evening? Last night went well, but I'm not quite so confident that my voice will hold out for 4 hours tonight!!

I think I need some hot tea with lemon and honey, please. And maybe a small splash of whiskey? And a nap before the gig.

I don't even WANT pizza or cookies or anything - gosh !! :eek: I must be sick!!

RICHARD
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't even WANT pizza or cookies or anything - gosh !! :eek: I must be sick!!

LOL, the pizza sounded good at the time, plus it was Survivor night!:eek:

Hot tea, lemon, honey and a nap!

DONE!:D

slick
02-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Oh Richard, don't talk about Survivor. I taped it last night and will watch in probably Sat night.

I was looking on line for a drink that at "torch" in the name but couldn't find one. At any rate, I'll take a double BM please. Perhaps you could put a lighted match at the end of the straw that sticks out???? :D:D

Be well Richard.

RICHARD
02-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh Richard, don't talk about Survivor. I taped it last night and will watch in probably Sat night.

I was looking on line for a drink that at "torch" in the name but couldn't find one. At any rate, I'll take a double BM please. Perhaps you could put a lighted match at the end of the straw that sticks out???? :D:D

Be well Richard.

OR you can have a

Cold Fire

Ingredients 1 oz Peppermint Schnapps
1 oz Rumple Minze
1 splash Milk
Instructions Stir together Milk and Schnapps, pour into highball glass, and serve.

Serve Cold Fire in a Highball Glass!

-----------------

I'll fix you up a double BM with a shrimp and a fire on the end?

DONE!

Last time I have the flu I had a cough that lasted two weeks, This is a cakewalk compared to that illness!

Catty1
02-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! :)

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/funny-pictures-kittens-sleep-in-heart-shape.jpg

DJFyrewolf36
02-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Stuck at home this weekend...Dr listened to my lungs and said "YUCK!". Got a nasty case of bronchitis (sp) so its rest for me until monday at least. Glad Thursdays doesnt take any energy!

Ill take whatever busts up lung congestion!

RICHARD
02-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Stuck at home this weekend...Dr listened to my lungs and said "YUCK!". Got a nasty case of bronchitis (sp) so its rest for me until monday at least. Glad Thursdays doesnt take any energy!

Ill take whatever busts up lung congestion!

HOT rum drinks, take care of yourself.......:mad:

DONE?

momoffuzzyfaces
02-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Having chili dawg and rootbeer for lunch! I will share. Chili dawgs go great with the Daytona 500!!!! ZOOOOOOOOOM!!! :D :love:

RICHARD
02-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Having chili dawg and rootbeer for lunch! I will share. Chili dawgs go great with the Daytona 500!!!! ZOOOOOOOOOM!!! :D :love:

Now you are talking!

LOL,

I'll see your chili dog and raise you some chili fries!

DONE!

Glad to see you smiling!:)

pomtzu
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Now you are talking!

LOL,

I'll see your chili dog and raise you some chili fries!

DONE!

Glad to see you smiling!:)

A bucket of KFC and oven fries here. I'm not into cooking today - unless you consider putting frozen fries in the oven as cooking. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
02-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I've got some rice krispie treats too. I'll share!!! :D

(It's snowing AGAIN!!! I'll share THAT too! ) ;) :D

RICHARD
02-14-2010, 05:42 PM
I've got some rice krispie treats too. I'll share!!! :D

(It's snowing AGAIN!!! I'll share THAT too! ) ;) :D

I walked to the store this morning and I was sweating!:rolleyes: I'll take some snow!
DONE!

Oh, do they still make chocolate Rice Krispies? LOL, Cocoa Krispies!! DUH!;)

Pom,
If you turned a dial and you got to eat afterwards? You cooked!

DONE!

Queen of Poop
02-14-2010, 08:42 PM
In the mood to celebrate our gold medal, could I get a DOTD please?

RICHARD
02-14-2010, 09:18 PM
In the mood to celebrate our gold medal, could I get a DOTD please?

One golden DOTD!

DONE!

Congrats!

Lady's Human
02-15-2010, 04:41 AM
Golden DOTD? Someone serving Goldschlager in here?

WHY WASN'T I NOTIFIED!!!!!:mad:

On a side note, better to leave your heart in Thursday's rather than San Diego.

pomtzu
02-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Mr Richard Barkeep...............do you have any good tropical drink recipes with pineapple juice? I'm tired of the cold weather, and now I'm thinking summer.

I just put a pineapple casserole in the oven and it should be ready in an hour, so a nice pineapple drink would go so good with it. If anyone wants a slice, just holler! It's yummy..........;)

gini
02-15-2010, 12:09 PM
pomtzu - no, no, no, you can't just "mention" pineapple casserole in here...........you have to bring us some right out of the oven - and
we are really gonna need that recipe.

Richard - some up with something really good to go with it that has pineapple in it!!

RICHARD
02-15-2010, 12:23 PM
pomtzu - no, no, no, you can't just "mention" pineapple casserole in here...........you have to bring us some right out of the oven - and

Richard - some up with something really good to go with it that has pineapple in it!!

Pineapple Drink recipe

1 1/2 shots light rum
7 pineapple chunks
2 oz pineapple juice
4 oz sweet and sour mix
2 oz SpriteŽ soda

Pour rum over pineapple chunks in a tall glass. Add pineapple juice and sweet and sour. Top with sprite, stir, and serve.

DONE!

-----------

Ah, San Diego!

There was a restaurant I ate at that was on the beach and had a dynamite view of the sunsets.

The food was just o.k. but the sunset was the best.

A goldschlager?

DONE!

There's a story beind the mention of SD, I know it.

pomtzu
02-15-2010, 12:40 PM

You are so right gini - it is best warm and right out of the oven. I always nuke leftovers when I have a piece too. Okay - recipe - sooo simple!

Baked Pineapple Casserole

1 stick of butter (or margarine)
1 cup sugar
1 20oz can crushed pineapple (drained)
5 slices of bread - cubed
4 eggs

Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Add pineapple and mix. Add bread cubes to mixture and mix well to moisten.

Pour into 8x11 or 9x12 (or that general size) greased casserole dish and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Just a hint to extend it a little. I use 6 slices of bread, and then add a little (about half) of the drained pineapple juice so that it isn't too dry with that extra slice of bread.

Further instructions: eat and enjoy! :)

slick
02-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Mmmmmmmmm - smell that pineapple casserole!!!!!! I'll take a nice big ol piece of that and a pineapple drink. Hope you are feeling better Richard. :love:

RICHARD
02-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Mmmmmmmmm - smell that pineapple casserole!!!!!! I'll take a nice big ol piece of that and a pineapple drink. Hope you are feeling better Richard. :love:

Done.

It's the Nike Flu.

Just as you think you are over it?

It "sneakers" up on you again! :rolleyes:

I felt better yesterday morning, then last night it hit me again.....It's the sinus thing that makes my head feel like my head will explode.

I stopped taking aspirin for a day and a half. Just to readjust my tolerance...
I'm alot better now, but am looking to be rid of the whole illness soon, thanks for asking.:D

Lady's Human
02-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Leaving your heart in San Diego?

Had a high school band director who twisted the words to every song under the sun.

Marty left his nose in San Diego.

Lady's Human
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Can I borrow Orc for a while?

I have a truckload of firewood to unload, and my ambition up and left.

RICHARD
02-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Can I borrow Orc for a while?

I have a truckload of firewood to unload, and my ambition up and left.

DONE!!!!

And a warm drink for you!

LOL,

Did the band director know the words to purple haze?

Excuse me while I kiss this guy?:rolleyes:

Karen
02-15-2010, 05:09 PM
DONE!!!!

And a warm drink for you!

LOL,

Did the band director know the words to purple haze?

Excuse me while I kiss this guy?:rolleyes:

His favorite thing to do was substitute the word Lunch for Love, giving whole new meanings to songs:

Lunch Story
What I Did for Lunch
Endless Lunch
Lunch is a Battlefield ...

As today is Uncle Mac's birthday, I'll make some banana bread from his recipe, and share it with everyone here, either warm with butter, or cool with a cup of tea, and for the decadent, some cream cheese.

RICHARD
02-15-2010, 05:20 PM
His favorite thing to do was substitute the word Lunch for Love, giving whole new meanings to songs:

Lunch Story
What I Did for Lunch
Endless Lunch
Lunch is a Battlefield ...

As today is Uncle Mac's birthday, I'll make some banana bread from his recipe, and share it with everyone here, either warm with butter, or cool with a cup of tea, and for the decadent, some cream cheese.

Way too funny!!!

I'll fo some BB!

let me heat up the water!

DONE!