PDA

View Full Version : What's your cats' favourite hand cream?

Randi
02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Fisters' has got to be Clinique's Aromatics Elixir! LOL! With this cold weather, my skin goes dry, so I use a handcream. I have two different ones at the moment... E45 and Aromatics Elixir. When I put on last mentioned, Fister goes crazy and tries to lick it off. I read in bed before sleeping and I simply have to wash it off, or he's all over me. I wonder if it's because he likes the taste or if it's because he's trying to help keep me clean. :D

How do your cats react to cream?

Barbara
02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Filou is not so much into hand creams but he loves the aloe vera cream Siegmar uses;) If he can got hold of this he will lick Siegmar's front until it's all rough again ;)

Sonia59
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Sorry, no such behavior here! :)

catmandu
02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
No hand cremehere , one less Found Cat Temptation.:love:

katladyd
02-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Mac likes it when I use Oil of Olay Regenerist on my face. He likes the smell of that for some reason. Of course, his favorite is when I've been cooking chicken...:D

Janeway
02-10-2010, 12:39 AM
My little Nikita boy goes wild for Gold Bond Medicated Lotion. If I'm at the bathroom sink he will lick my legs until it turns into a little bite - ouch. If I'm in bed with my legs covered, they're safe, but goes for the back of my hands. If he'd just lick I wouldn't mind, but he's so crazy for it that I guess he wants to eat it, hence the bite. My other two don't seem to notice. Glad to hear there are other kitties out there with this fetish!

RICHARD
02-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Mac likes it when I use Oil of Olay Regenerist on my face. He likes the smell of that for some reason. Of course, his favorite is when I've been cooking chicken...:D

You use WHAT on your hands? :o;)

Ed's a poor boy.
He likes menthol, Vick's Vaporub.

Clinique...LOL, my mom would get attacked when she brought that out.:eek:

pomtzu
02-10-2010, 07:18 AM
My RB Meezer Ming was addicted to BenGay. If I put it on at night before going to bed, I had to close the bedroom door to keep him out, otherwise I would get licked all night long. I think someone else here said their Meezer did the same thing - can't remember who tho.

pomtzu
02-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Ed's a poor boy.
He likes menthol, Vick's Vaporub.

I guess my boy wasn't too crazy then. What's with cats and menthol?????:confused::eek:

Pinot's Mom
02-10-2010, 11:16 AM
St. Ives Collagen Facial Creme in the jar. All I have to do is unscrew the lid and she's on the counter in a heartbeat trying to lick it off me. I use it on all my skin at this time of year. Pinot's a silly girl...

Randi
02-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Well, I think we can safely conclude that cats' are into cream that smells nice. Still, I'm not sure it's because they like it, or if they want to clean us. I'm inclined to the opinion that they like the taste, because when I put Origins foot creme (with Menthol) on and leave my slippers by the bed, Fister will lick them too. :D Hey, he'll lick any new slippers!

Richard, I can assure you, I'm as poor as Eddie, the Clinique cream I got as a present. ;)

RICHARD
02-10-2010, 12:00 PM
I guess my boy wasn't too crazy then. What's with cats and menthol?????:confused::eek:

I think it has to do with being part koala.;)

Catherinedana
02-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I think it has to do with being part koala.;)

Hee hee! that's not menthol, silly! That's eucalyptus!! :D

Do they make eucalyptus hand cream?

orangemm
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Mine HATE the smell of hand lotion or cream. They take one sniff and take off!:rolleyes::D

Catty1
02-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Oscar LOVES the Herbalife hand cream. It's aloe based and has a nice scent...but not sure what he likes about it! Will have to get some more one of these days. (It really is the best I have ever used!)

RICHARD
02-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Richard, I can assure you, I'm as poor as Eddie, the Clinique cream I got as a present. ;)

Mom was a huge fan of Clinique, Ed loved the stuff. I asked her about what she was using because she would put some on her legs and Ed would have to smell and taste!:eek:

Catherine,

Now, what heck is Camphor?

:confused:;)

krazyaboutkatz
02-11-2010, 12:21 AM
I've never noticed any reaction from hand cream. Both Storm and Ziggy go crazy after I spray some zero odor which has a slight bleach smell to it. I use it when Sunny pee's on the ledge of one of the covered litter boxes to help take care of the urine smell. Storm and Ziggy act like it's catnip or something like it.

RICHARD
02-11-2010, 01:08 AM
I've never noticed any reaction from hand cream. Both Storm and Ziggy go crazy after I spray some zero odor which has a slight bleach smell to it. I use it when Sunny pee's on the ledge of one of the covered litter boxes to help take care of the urine smell. Storm and Ziggy act like it's catnip or something like it.

Yeah, bleach is another thing.:confused:

Ed also likes rubber things.

I have a hockey puck, the extra band to the vacumn cleaner and the rubber cups on my binoculars, that Ed adores..:rolleyes:;)

Randy_K
02-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I use a "Pre-Electric Shave Lotion with Skin Conditioners" prior to shaving with an electric razor, it's a store-brand from the CVS drug store chain. Whatever is attractive in it, Mango licks the top of the bottle unless I hide it from him.

kb2yjx
02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Several of the Clan LOVE when I put Bag Balm then put the cotten gloves on my hands. They lick the gloves. Bleach is worse than catnip at our house!!!!

cassiesmom
02-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Cassie would like to know why I don't use catnip-scented hand cream. She likes to give me headbumpies after I've stepped out of the shower; I think it's because i smell like soap, not like kitty!