PDA

View Full Version : Crew Change tomorrow...

Laura's Babies
02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Tomorrow is crew change! My girls know it is time for me to leave. Boo has been restless and wanting in my lap every 5 minutes, stays for about 2 and then wants back up in a few minutes. Goodness, I just hate leaving them! I am coming to hate it more and more, every time it gets harder and harder.. At least we will be back on our 4 week schedule again...

The boat is going to be all the way up which is going to make for a long ride in the car. I may have to leave today, I am waiting to hear from my Captain. They are cracking down on the travel time in the cars that the Captain and pilots can have and then having to get on the boat and go right to work which is requiring some to have to go up the day before crew change so they can be rested when going on watch.. If I don't leave today, I will have to leave home BY 3 am.. so he can have some down time before going on watch.

This could be good bye so take care of your fur kids and keep things going until I get back!

Randi
02-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Have a great trip, Laura - and report back when you're home! :) Any exiting new recipes you are going to try?

Kisses to your furbabies. They will miss you, but they'll be OK! ;)

Laura's Babies
02-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Yep! I will be leaving today about 3:30.. Pick up the leadman in Natchez, drop him off at his daughters in Vicksburg and get a room so we can get up at dark thirty and leave in the morning. My Captain is not happy about us having to drive in the weather we will be getting into and the road conditions and says we WILL stop if if gets to unsafe to proceed on to the boat. Our dispatcher told him the weather and roads will be the best it'll be, Thursday and Friday it will be a lot worse...

So this is Bye until March! Take care everyone..

katladyd
02-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Have a safe trip! We will all be looking forward to your return!:)

lvpets2002
02-09-2010, 12:32 PM
:) WoW Goodbye already.. How time flies.. Have A Very Safe Trip & Dont Work to Hard.. I know the Babies will miss you greatly..

Laura's Babies
02-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks all, I will be shutting this down and loading up the SUV shortely! Got my reservation made in Vicksburg so they are expecting me.. I want to get out of Baton Rouge before rush hour traffic.

Karen
02-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Have a safe trip, and take lots of pictures!

Catty1
02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Have a safe one - your kitties will see you soon!:love::love::love::)

catmandu
02-09-2010, 05:18 PM
That sadly is tough on Your Ctas to miss you for so long.
We bet that they will be so happy the day that you can retire and be with them 24/7.:):):):)
There are more and More Awesome Angels travelling with you, they love the South and the Mighty Mississsipi!!!
:love::love::love:
They think you are the Best and So Cool!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

phesina
02-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Safe travels, Laura, and safe home...