PDA

View Full Version : New additions to Willow Oak

Willow Oak
02-08-2010, 08:39 PM
It has been a few weeks since I last posted on PT. Sorry about that.

Horace Lucky came to me about four months ago. The poor guy was skinny and emaciated, but in very good spirits, which have not diminished since arriving to Willow Oak.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/BlackLab4.jpg

Just a couple of days ago, Sasha showed herself at my back door. I live in a pretty rural area, so from whence she arrived is a puzzle to me; but it quickly became apparent to me that she is not alone. I took her to the vet for a checkup, and it appears that she is 4 weeks "with child." Wonderful! I only have about 14 of the feline variety already.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/WhiteKittyCubbyHole.jpg

In the above picture, Sasha has newly arrived. She is not confined behind the bars -- I placed a cage for her so that she can hide, but ...

... she quickly showed that she is not shy.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/SashaHerBusiness.jpg

...sorry about that. Sasha moves about so fast that I have a difficult time getting her to slow down for a picture.

Laura's Babies
02-08-2010, 09:03 PM
She is BEAUTIFUL! WOW! Are you going to keep her?

Willow Oak
02-08-2010, 09:18 PM
She is BEAUTIFUL! WOW! Are you going to keep her?

I don't think I have a choice. I am familiar with most of the people who live on my country road, and none of them are very responsible pet owners: they allow their dogs to run free and un-neutered. Hoards of dogs run free, and I see many litters about. I have a neighbor who has a couple of cages that are full of cats, and to my knowledge none of them have been fixed. I have sneaked over and have seen litters of kittens in the pens.

I suspect that I know who the owner is, and I assure you that Sasha will not be returning to her.

happylabs
02-08-2010, 10:23 PM
So nice to see you here. Horace is quite the handsome young man. And what a smile! :love:
Sasha is a beautiful gal. Where is Ed...she looks like she could be a sibling. Thanks for sharing.

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Good to see you Willow! :) Welcome to Horace Lucky and Sasha! You're gonna be even busier now. I hope all goes well with the upcoming kittens.

Medusa
02-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Both look to be quite special. A litter on the way, eh? Oh boy. You're really going to have your hands full now, as if you didn't already. :)

Randi
02-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Good to see you here, Dan! :)

Did the vet say anything about Sasha's age? Could it be her first litter? I'm glad she get's along well with Buddy and Darkly, but she may want her own little space when she gives birth. Who knows, Buddy and Darkly may be ready to mingle with the rest.

Anikaca77
02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Sasha is very lucky to have found her way to your door.

I'm so glad you will be keeping her and I can't wait to see pictures of her litter. If I was closer to you I would take her in a minute. Although my husband might think otherwise.

Horace Lucky is a very beautiful doggie.

Thank you for all your help with these animals.
Melissa

lvpets2002
02-10-2010, 10:21 AM
:love: Aweee Sasha your Adorable.. Make sure we see baby pics please.. Congrats Willow on your new babies.. They are both so lucky & pretty..

gini
02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Sasha looks so much like my heart kitty, Sugar (R/B) that my heart
went pitter patter. Just curious, are her eyes blue?

Boy, if I was closer, I would take her in a minute.

Congratulations on all of the good work you are doing for these special
animals!

Willow Oak
02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Sasha looks so much like my heart kitty, Sugar (R/B) that my heart
went pitter patter. Just curious, are her eyes blue?

Boy, if I was closer, I would take her in a minute.

Congratulations on all of the good work you are doing for these special
animals!

Sasha has one blue eye and one green. I am wondering if she is deaf in one or both of her ears. I think that she is not totally deaf. She is very small, and I fear for her delivery. With all of the animals that I have, and for her sake I wish there were someone who had fewer animals to care for, who might take her in. I have contemplated taking Sasha to the animal shelter where I am confident she will be well looked after. But that is such a difficult thinkg for me to do.

Willow Oak
02-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I placed Sasha in a room with Buddy and Darkly. Here is a video:

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/?action=view&current=Sasha.flv

Catty1
02-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Prayers for little Sasha.

During the media call when there were some articles in the paper and you were selling copies of your book to help the shelter, did you come across any individuals who might have experience who could foster Sasha til she gives birth and after?

Bless you for helping all these creatures.

Gosh...if there was a way to set up something like Best Friends in Utah, you would be a perfect person to head it up!

Willow Oak
02-10-2010, 06:25 PM
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/?action=view&current=Sasha1.flv

Sasha is a spark plug, isn't she?

Marigold2
02-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh what a wonderful place. May all of God's blessings shine upon your wonderful Willow Oak.

slick
02-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Dan: I have been logging on to your blog a few times a week to read your adventures - or rather the adventures of Willow Oak. I'm very touched by that sweet meow from Sasha. Yes, she is so very small - babies having babies, it's so sad. I sure hope you can find a foster home for her.

BTW, I love your southern accent! :D

Willow Oak
02-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Dan: I have been logging on to your blog a few times a week to read your adventures - or rather the adventures of Willow Oak. I'm very touched by that sweet meow from Sasha. Yes, she is so very small - babies having babies, it's so sad. I sure hope you can find a foster home for her.

BTW, I love your southern accent! :D

I have a southern accent? But I live in North Mississippi!

I am worried about Sasha's upcoming delivery, which is part of the reason I am contemplating delivering her to the shelter. I know that those people over there will look after her. I am not confident in myself to be able to provide for her like I should, since I already have so many cats and dogs.

I appreciate your kind attention to my journal, but you really should find something more interesting to read. I recommend James Michener or maybe even Josephus or Herman Melville. :D

Randi
03-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Daniel has been too busy to update about Sasha, but it appears that she may not be pregnant after all, and that would be great, of course. :) But how can the vet not be sure. Hmm!

Latest updates from Willow Oak:
http://www.danieltaylor.us/2010_March.html