PDA

View Full Version : Today, it’s 5 years ago...

Randi
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
... I lost John. :( :( I believe he's with me in spirit. :)

I have somehow managed to get on with my life, although it’s not been easy, but with the help of my friends, also PT friends - old ones and new ones, who was ready with comfort when I most needed it, it has made it a little easier. I want to thank you all here. :love: You don’t have a clue how much I appreciated it. And having Fister around has helped keep me sane, too - more or less. ;)

I still miss John very much of course, he was a wonderful person - loving, helpful, intelligent, funny, courageous, and a real catlover.

John’s grave is still covered in snow, but I have been there today to light a candle for him.

I would like to share a couple of typical threads he posted on PT, that illustrates the sense of humor he had, and what kind of person he was. There are many more.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=55402&highlight=jonza

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=42305&highlight=jonza

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=54225&highlight=jonza

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=67312&highlight=jonza

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=70269&highlight=jonza

Karen
02-08-2010, 01:27 PM
We miss him, but are sure he's having a good laugh up in heaven, sharing good stories with Corinna, and Molly (sammi) and other friends.

pomtzu
02-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I wasn't fortunate enough to know your John, but it sounds like he was a wonderful person indeed. I know that you must miss him terribly.

I will light a PT candle for both of you............

Cataholic
02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Jonza was a wonderfully articulate man. I am thinking of you, and he, today. :love:

Killearn Kitties
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
It was a sad day Randi. The world needs more people like John.
I can hardly believe it has been five years.
Thinking of you today. :love:

phesina
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
To Randi, on this sad but loving anniversary. I never had the privilege of knowing John in person on line. From what I do know of him from his own earlier postings and those of Randi and their friends, I know he was a wonderful human being.

Rest in peace, John, and to you both, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love:,

Pat and the cats.

Catherinedana
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Randi,

Thank you for sharing him with those of us who did not know him. His essence shines through in those posts - I am smiling ear to ear.

How blessed you were to share your life with this lovely man! My :love: is with you. . .

Cathy

Laura's Babies
02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Has it been that long ago? Geez!!

Medusa
02-08-2010, 03:46 PM
My thoughts are w/you today, Randi. :love:

caseysmom
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I remember John, he passed away shortly after I joined pettalk. I wish I could have gotten to know him better. He had a lot of the same views on things I have and he was very articulate and could "argue" his point without being argumentative.

Alysser
02-08-2010, 04:14 PM
I never knew John but he is mentioned every so often, and he sounds like a wonderful person. I am so sorry for your loss, Randi. ((hugs)) I am glad it has gotten easier for you though.

Prairie Purrs
02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
John's posts were always such a delight to read. He was a wise and witty man.

My thoughts are with you today, and please give Fister an extra cuddle from me.

Pinot's Mom
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Randi, I never knew John either, but it's obvious you loved each other very much, and he was a special man. Peace to you on this day. You're surrounded by love and good thoughts.

Catty1
02-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I didn't know John...but I remember the kitty cruise! It is so famous.

I loved the story about Fister and training John with headbumps as to which way he was supposed to face when sleeping! LOL

Hugs to you Randi...we're always here for you, you know that.

Logan
02-08-2010, 08:55 PM
(((((((Randi))))))) I'm sending warm thoughts your way, my friend. I have fond memories of your sweet John.

trayi52
02-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Randi, I also remember the Kitty cruise, it was great. John was a wonderful person. I can't believe it has been five years. That is an unreal number. I know you must miss him a lot. My heart goes out to you this day.

Willie:(

sasvermont
02-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Randi, you will be in my thoughts today. I know it must be difficult for you, as I lost my dear brother a few years ago - and it changed my life forever.

John was one of a kind. Everyone enjoyed reading his stories/threads. He was all of the things you mentioned about him and more. He was your true love.

Rest in peace John.

L,
Sas and her campers.:love::love::love::love:

Pembroke_Corgi
02-09-2010, 09:11 AM
The threads you posted show that John must have had a great sense of humor. I'm sure he was very special. I'm sorry for your loss.

Randi
02-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Thank you all! :) I also want to thank Dan (Willow Oak) for dedicating his first book to John. Dan tells me that John's stories inspired him to go ahead with his writing and get it published, but some of us here also pushed him, didn't we! :D I'm sure John would be proud to know he was an inspiration - just wish they could have met.

Cinder & Smoke
02-09-2010, 11:02 AM
John / Jonza would be the first to ask that we not Mourn his Passing but
rather Rejoice in his having been here to Enjoy Life with us.

And Enjoy Life he did - every day was an adventure to him - one he always invited
us to participate in. A Story Teller of the First Order, John could spin a Tail
on a moment's notice with little more than a thought to get started with.

We all played some of our best tunes when John *conducted* the Band.

Take another Bow, John! --- You sure earned it!! ;)

{{{Hugs}}}, Randi :love: :love:

gini
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Dear Randi, has it really been five years? It just seems like yesterday that we were all posting and taking such joy from John's replies and story telling.

He simply cannot be far from you - you both were too close and shared so much. So even if it has been five years - it still is very fresh for you.

Allow me to send you some hugs and love:love::love:

Barbara
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Oh Randi, I remember quite well how Sara called us in New York....
I am so sorry - I think we would be very happy to have John now at Pet Talk.
He was a great man and I am glad I could meet him one time.
All the best to you- you and Fister are great survivors.

Sonia59
02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I did not know John but I am sure he was a great man from the threads I have read! (((Hugs))) to you and kisses to Fister.

slick
02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Oh Randi, I have not been on for a couple of days and I'm so sorry I missed this and was not here to support you. :(

It's so hard to believe that it's been 5 years already. John, I hope you had the best view of the Olympic torch as it made it's way across the world.

{{{hugs}}} Randi. :love::love:

anna_66
02-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm late, so sorry:(

It's so hard to believe it's been 5 years already. I really can't imagine how much you still miss him.

(((HUGS))) to you
Anna