PDA

View Full Version : Waterboarding - a new low

Grace
02-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Some people should be sterilized at birth . . . . .

A US soldier was accused of waterboarding his four-year-old daughter because she would not recite the alphabet.

Joshua Tabor, 27, allegedly pushed the child's head under water face-up in the kitchen sink at his house.

Tabor told a police officer he and his girlfriend "held her down on the counter and submerged her head into the water three or four times until the water came around her forehead and jawline," according to court documents.

The suspect said he meted out the punishment to the youngster for "refusing to say her letters."

Tabor, a soldier at the Lewis-McChord base in Tacoma, Wash., was charged with second-degree assault of a child and was due to appear in court Feb. 16.

The suspect told police his daughter was afraid of water "and was squirming around trying to get away from the water."

"Joshua did not act as though he felt there was anything wrong with this form of punishment," the report said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/us_soldier_allegedly_waterboarded_eE7HWSN0klP5ygbG rwXIYP#ixzz0exj4f6WN

Cataholic
02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
That made me sick to my stomach. I can visually how frightened J would be at such a horrific act, and it makes me shudder.

pomtzu
02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Sicko!!!

He deserves a dose of his own medicine. :mad:

JenBKR
02-08-2010, 10:46 AM
That made me sick to my stomach. I can visually how frightened J would be at such a horrific act, and it makes me shudder.

Don't stories like this just make you want to pick him up and snuggle him to pieces? I just can't imagine what is wrong with people who can do such things to children. I can't even think about what I would do to anyone who would hurt my child.....:mad:

Karen
02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Makes me wonder what he went through as a child, to think this was okay to do. I am not excusing him, but that he did it, and the girlfriend allowed it, says something about both of them.

Medusa
02-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Thank God the child was taken into custody by CPS. I just knew that there were other things that he had done to that poor little girl. She'd hide in a closet b/c she was afraid of him and his beatings. She had bruises on her back and still the girlfriend did nothing? The girlfriend is no better. Poor kid, she's getting a lousy start in life.

Catty1
02-08-2010, 12:37 PM
The dad was arrested; the girl is with her grandparents; and there is a two-month old baby that he had with the girlfriend.

She hasn't been charged yet...but CFS will sure be watching her like a hawk, let alone the police!

happylabs
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Definitely sick and most likely learned behavior. Hopefully the grandparents that have the little girl are not abusers as well. It is a viscious cycle. I worked at Children's Services in my younger days. There are some real animals out there.

Laura's Babies
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
That poor child! :eek: