PDA

View Full Version : Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wombat2u2004
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
GOTCHA !!!!!!
I've been after one these little buggers for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200433441806

Scooter's Mom
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Congrats! :)

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
GOTCHA !!!!!!
I've been after one these little buggers for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200433441806

I have to ask you something?

Where can you go when you wear the jacket you sew all these buttons on?;)

Congrats!:)

wombat2u2004
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I have to ask you something?

Where can you go when you wear the jacket you sew all these buttons on?;)

Congrats!:)

I haven't tried that one yet mate.
The last guy I heard of who did that back in the 1700's went to America and got his butt shot off !!!! LOLOL. He was probably just a chuv anyway. hee hee

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I haven't tried that one yet mate.
The last guy I heard of who did that back in the 1700's went to America and got his butt shot off !!!! LOLOL. He was probably just a chuv anyway. hee hee

LOL,
So is that the male equivalent of a CHAV?:confused::D

wombat2u2004
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
LOL,
So is that the male equivalent of a CHAV?:confused::D

Could be mate.....could be.

Twisterdog
02-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Interesting. I'm always interested in what people collect, probably because I collect some weird things ... rocks, marbles, pieces of broken glass. LOL

So, tell us about your collection. Do you look for military buttons from particular places, wars, years, etc? What got you interested in the hobby?

wombat2u2004
02-08-2010, 03:36 AM
Interesting. I'm always interested in what people collect, probably because I collect some weird things ... rocks, marbles, pieces of broken glass. LOL

So, tell us about your collection. Do you look for military buttons from particular places, wars, years, etc? What got you interested in the hobby?

It all came about a couple of years ago, when my mother gave me my grandfathers war medals. I figured I would do a bit of research on him, as he died when I was about 15, and never talked much about the great war of 1914-1918. I knew he was gassed tho, and a few other bits and pieces.
He was British, and served with a very famous outfit called "The Rifle Brigade", he was a sharpshooter, and his job was to shoot Germans at a very long distance. When he was gassed, there was some 200 men in the trench that he was in....5 survived, and my grandfather was one of them.
I can remember him wearing very thick lens glasses, and he always had a harsh cough......the chlorine gas all but blinded him, and burnt out one of his lungs, but it never affected his humour....he was a really nice guy.

Sooooo....I started searching for the roots of the Rifle Brigade, and started to collect cap badges, shoulder titles, collar titles and buttons and other bits and pieces.....from all of the old regiments that were forebears of the Rifle Brigade. I try and go back as far as I can collecting stuff.......the oldest piece I have is a 43rd Foot button dated to 1751.
I get stuff from the USA to, as some of those regiments served in your War of Independence....also stuff from Canada.
The Regiments items I collect are.........

45th Foot (Nottinghamshire)
96th Foot
95th Foot (Derbyshire)
Corps of Light Infantry
Robin Hood Rifle Volunteer Corps
Sherwood Foresters
Notts and Derby Regiment
54th Foot
43rd Foot (Monmouthshire)
52nd Foot (Oxfordshire)
1st Bucks Rifle Volunteers
Buckinghamshire Regiment
Ox and Bucks Regiment
28th Foot (North Gloucestershire)
61st Foot (South Gloucestershire)
1st London Volunteer Rifle Corps
5th London Regiment
2nd Foot
62nd Foot (Royal American Regt.)
60th Foot (Kings Royal Rifle Corps)
57th Foot (West Middlesex)
77th Foot (East Middlesex)
Duke of York’s Own Rifle Corps
Queens Royal West Surrey (24th Bn)
Middlesex (48th Bn, Havelock‘s Rifles)
Kings Royal Rifle Corps
2nd London Volunteer Rifle Corps
2nd Volunteer Battalion (Queens)
6th London Regiment
Royal Green Jackets

The 43rd Foot, 52nd Foot, 28th Foot, 57th Foot, 60th Foot,
62nd Foot (Royal American Regiment) all served in the American colonies, so I get a bit of that stuff from metal detector guys in USA and Canada.

And then I have all of my fathers stuff....medals, badges, buttons etc etc. from WW2.
And then I have all of my own stuff from Sth Vietnam and Malaya.

So.....yeah.....I have quite a large collection....even 3 musket balls from Waterloo my mate dug up over there.

I'll post some pics sometime.
Wom

Twisterdog
02-20-2010, 07:46 PM
That is very cool, that it started with your grandfather. What a large and extensive collection that must be, please do post pictures sometime.