PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Marbles!

RedHedd
02-07-2010, 12:01 AM
OK y'all do know I've been kitty hunting. I had spotted a beautiful golden Maine Coon mix girl and was going to meet her today, however Wednesday night I decided on the way home to stop by San Francisco's Animal Control Shelter to see if they had any cats I might be interested in. They had many cats, but only two grabbed my attention. One was a little grey boy kitten named Buster who kept petting my face and around the corner from him was Marbles, a fluffy tortie kitten. Marbles stole my heart, but it was late, I was tired and not prepared to take a kitty home that night.

The next day I couldn't stop thinking about her; Friday night I had to stop by the shelter to see if she was still there; she was. I had also been talking to Beau's meowmie about meeting her on Saturday.

This morning Beau's meowmie called me all frantic; Beau was no where to be found, but she said she had other nice cats at the adoption fair, so I went. I went, I saw, I turned around and went to Animal Care & Control and .... I adopted Marbles.

She's 6-7 months old, long haired, FLOOFY tailed, tortie girl. I forget whose cat here on PT had the tail named Clubber; We're going to have to name Marbles' tail too. Here are a few, not very good pics:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/RedHeddGA/Fur%20Kids%20III/IMG_0626.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/RedHeddGA/Fur%20Kids%20III/IMG_0627.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/RedHeddGA/Fur%20Kids%20III/IMG_0628.jpg

She's a purry lapcat! We're having fun getting to know each other. Now if only she would potty!

krazyaboutkatz
02-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Congrats!!!!:D I'm so thrilled and excited for you. Marbles is gorgeous and I know that you'll have so much fun together.:) I'm sure that Mitzi had a lot to do with you two meeting each other.

I think that Rocky,one of Jazzcat's Maine Coon mixes, has the tail named clubber. I guess that my Ziggy now has some female competition in this area.LOL:) I'm sure that she'll go potty soon so try not to worry too much. Now be sure to keep us all updated about her and we'll need to see many more pictures too.:)

Catty1
02-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Congrats - she is BEAUTIFUL! :love::love: Give that sweet forehead kissies for me!:)

(I hope poor Beau turned up!)

Barbara
02-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Aaaawwww Marbles! Welcome to you- you are an adorable girl :)
And I know you will go potty when you really feel at home (in the case of Tigris it took him 8 hrs to pee first time- and then it was a big big lake ;)).

pomtzu
02-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Oh my-my-my..............she is just gorgeous! :love::love::love:

Wishes coming to you from snowbound DE, for a long and happy and healthy life together.

Give her a welcome kiss from me please. :)

Medusa
02-07-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm in love w/that face! She's adorable! Congrats on your new furbaby. What fun you'll have together! :love:

3Catcondo
02-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Marbles is beautiful!!! Love her markings and her fluffy tail. Please give her some loving from me and my fur clan!:):love:

Amy

Freedom
02-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Beautiful markings, GORGEOUS TAIL! WOW! What a story, how she came to live with you. A purry lapcat, great! Enjoy.

RedHedd
02-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Beau never came out of hiding so I didn't get a chance to meet her. I have a feeling Mitzi and Ceiling Cat had something to do with that.

We spent the evening watching TV with Marbles purring and kneading in my lap.

We've just had a morning zoom session - it's been a LONG time since I've had kitty zoomies in my house - so much fun! She's discovered the toy basket and seems to like balls the best. I now have a ping-pong ball somewhere under my bed ....I'm sure it's not the last one :D

And, yes, she finally pottied, although not in the litterbox I wanted her to. I was planning on getting rid of the HUGE corner thing I'd gotten when I had both Mishi and Mitzi, but now Marbles seems to like that one better. *sigh* She's training me already - the little minx!

gini
02-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Oh what wonderful news - and just look at that face - Marbles needs lots of kisses on that nose and those beautiful (innocent) eyes.

I am happy for both of you - and may Marbles bring you much joy and live a long and happy life!!

Laura's Babies
02-07-2010, 12:15 PM
WOW!!!! She is just gorgeous!!! Her beautiful tail reminds me so much of Giz's.. Giz like to swipe you in the face with it whenever she can.. I wonder if you will be getting face swipes with that gorgeous tail of Marbles? It sounds like a perfect match for both of you.

catmandu
02-07-2010, 01:19 PM
We have the feeling that Mitzi helped you choose taht Fluffy Little Tortie!
That a Golden Maine Coon would soon find a home, but a Tortie might not so easily be chosen.:D:D
Shes a stunning Cat and I know both Pouncer and Karina are quite happy as well!!!:):)
You certainly have a Great New Friend there!:cool::cool:
Con Cat Ualtions from the Found Cats , Porch Cats and Awesome Angels.:love::love:

RedHedd
02-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Oh what wonderful news - and just look at that face - Marbles needs lots of kisses on that nose and those beautiful (innocent) eyes.

I am happy for both of you - and may Marbles bring you much joy and live a long and happy life!!

Don't let those eyes fool you ... she's a spunky little beast :D

Moesha
02-07-2010, 03:20 PM
It warms my heart to read how you were able to help Marbles and hopefully in return, she'll be able to help you heal. Keep the wonderful photos and stories coming. They help all of us.

katladyd
02-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Sometimes nothing helps us heal as much as another little soul who desperately needs a home. Yes, I do believe Mitzi set the whole thing up! Enjoy you little tortie girl!:love:

cassiesmom
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-pictures-cat-is-missing-a-mouse.jpg
Ping pong balls under the bed reminded me of this LOL :)

Marbles, you are absolutely gorgeous and I love your tortie pattern and your fluffy, floofy tail! I'm glad you snuggled, made some biscuits, ran a few kitty zooms and used the litter pan :) Welcome! *kiss*

phesina
02-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Welcome home, Marbles!!!!!

Taz_Zoee
02-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh my goodness, she is adorable!! That is one fluffer of a tail! :eek:
Welcome to a wonderful home, Marbles! I'm so glad you have pottied (and trained mom :p). Paizly didn't potty for the first day either. I began to worry about her too.

catnapper
02-08-2010, 08:15 AM
She's absolutely beautiful, and yes, I do think the others had a divine paw in leading her to you :)

Welcome to your forever home Miss Marbles!

Queen of Poop
02-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Congratulations on your new home Marbles. Love your so fluffy tail. :love:

columbine
02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
What a lovely little girl, with a lovely BIG tail! Congratulations! I also love her name. Before I learned the name of a neighbor's elusive white cat (which turned out to be Corey), I always called him Marbles because he had one blue and one amber eye.

Love, Columbine

Husky_mom
02-08-2010, 12:09 PM
simply stunning... and my oh my.. is that a tail or what?!.. sooooo fluffy... looks like a fox tail.. hehe...

lvpets2002
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
:love: Awee Miss Marbles your just so stunning with Beauty.. Your Adorable.. Congrats on your New Furrever Home && Meowmom congrats on your New Baby..

Cataholic
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Marbles, you have really found a great home to grow up in! As I put on FB, that tail will bring some tales, I am sure.

My Ari has a plumy, fluttery tail. In fact, patting Ari on the back is hard to do, that tail just fluffs over and you end up petting the hairs of the tail and it feels weird (please, someone tell me you know what I am trying to say!).

Welcome HOME! :D

cassiesmom
02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi, Marbles! How are you doing in your new home today? Have you played with a toy or two? Maybe meowmie gave you some petting and hugs! And I am sure you ate delicious food.

Gentle *kiss* for you, sweety!

RedHedd
02-09-2010, 09:43 PM
I think little Ms. Marbles as a kitty kold - she's sneezing and coughing. I know it's quite common coming from a shelter like she did. She's quiet and snuggly tonight - poor little bean. I'm taking her to the vet on Saturday; maybe earlier if she gets worse.

krazyaboutkatz
02-10-2010, 12:44 AM
I think little Ms. Marbles as a kitty kold - she's sneezing and coughing. I know it's quite common coming from a shelter like she did. She's quiet and snuggly tonight - poor little bean. I'm taking her to the vet on Saturday; maybe earlier if she gets worse.

Poor Marbles.:( I'm sorry to hear this. I hope it's nothing serious and that she'll feel better soon. Please keep us updated about her.

Killearn Kitties
02-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Welcome to you and your tail, Marbles! :D What a wonderful home you have found. :love:
I hope your sneezes disappear very quickly and you are back to zoomies in no time. :love:

momcat
02-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Marbles and welcome to PT! What a beautiful kitty you are and that is some tail!!! You sure knew what you were doing when you picked your new Meowmie. You're going to be loved, cared for, and spoiled more than you ever dreamed possible.

You're a PT kitty now, Marbles. PT kitties get only the very best of everything! Sending you lots of welcome scritchies and lovies. Please come see us again very soon. Already you have countless fans here.

RedHedd
02-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Taking her to the vet late this afternoon - she's still sneezing, coughing and feeling VERY warm and not zooming (as much). She did bounce in and out of the tub this morning and is eating a lot! She needs to eat - she's SO scrawny!

Catty1
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I hope some antibiotics will have Marbles feeling zoomy in no time! Is she gaining weight ok, or should she maybe have some AD food or something?

Prayers that she feels all better very soon!:love::love::love:

kb2yjx
02-10-2010, 06:23 PM
First, kudos on Miss Marbles!!! She is a beauty!!! How did the vet visit go???

Lori Jordan
02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Congrats! She is BEAUTIFUL!!I do love the Torti's!Welcome Home Marbles i hope to see alot more of you Sweetie!

RedHedd
02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
5.5 lbs. of little Ms. Marbles. She got an antiobiotic shot and will start Amoxycillin tomorrow - the usual pink stuff. I've never heard a cat cough before - it shakes her whole little body. She sneezed in the vet's face and the vet was surprised that such a huge sneeze could come out of such a little kitten.

She was running around when I got home from work and had to stop because she started coughing - it was so sad!

She's eating a lot, peeing and pooping just fine, although I think I'm going to try and switch her food to something healtheir than the IAMS they had her on at the shelter - slowly, I know to go slowly. Perhaps Wellness? I don't know - Mitzi hated everything except Science Diet and Fancy Feast; I want Marbles to have a healthier, more grain-free diet.

cassiesmom
02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Taking her to the vet late this afternoon - she's still sneezing, coughing and feeling VERY warm and not zooming (as much). She did bounce in and out of the tub this morning and is eating a lot! She needs to eat - she's SO scrawny!

Oh, Marbles! I hope you get over your kitty cold very quickly. Please keep eating a lot. You sure are beautiful.

krazyaboutkatz
02-11-2010, 12:27 AM
5.5 lbs. of little Ms. Marbles. She got an antiobiotic shot and will start Amoxycillin tomorrow - the usual pink stuff. I've never heard a cat cough before - it shakes her whole little body. She sneezed in the vet's face and the vet was surprised that such a huge sneeze could come out of such a little kitten.

She was running around when I got home from work and had to stop because she started coughing - it was so sad!

She's eating a lot, peeing and pooping just fine, although I think I'm going to try and switch her food to something healtheir than the IAMS they had her on at the shelter - slowly, I know to go slowly. Perhaps Wellness? I don't know - Mitzi hated everything except Science Diet and Fancy Feast; I want Marbles to have a healthier, more grain-free diet.

I hope that she'll stop coughing and sneezing soon and feel better. I'm glad to hear that she's eating and eliminating fine. I've been feeding all of my cats a grain free diet of Innova Evo both dry and canned and they love it. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

RedHedd
02-11-2010, 12:05 PM
She's still coughing and sneezing, but a bit more active. I think I got a full dose of Amoxy down her this morning - the little wiggle worm! She sure is cute and loves to snuggle. Camera batteries are dead; I need to take more pics if she'll sit still for a few moments.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Congratulations and welcome home, Marbles!!!

She is absolutely adorable! I love her floofy tail - she almost looks like a fox in that last pic. :)

I can tell by your posts she has already brought much happiness to your home. I can "see" the smiles in your posts and I'm happy for you, and for Marbles. Hopefully as I catch up I'll see more posts from you with more pics! :D

RedHedd
02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
She's turning into a total, cuckoo, love bug. She crawled up onto me early this morning for a really sweet head bumpies, tail fluff, huggy, purry love session - she's very affectionate and loves to sleep on me. Not a problem now when she's only 5.5 lbs. .... I guess we'll deal with it when she gets bigger.

Yesterday she learned she was able to jump onto the kitchen counter - She does know the word "no" but, like all cats, on HER terms.

I do need to take and upload more pictures, but she's so hard to photograph because she moves so fast and her coloring photographs very dark.

I've stepped on her a few times because she does tend to blend in - poor dear is very resilient.

carole
02-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh my gosh she just takes my breath away, she is simply stunning, i am so partial to tortie girls, give her a big cuddle from me, welcome Marbles, cannot wait to hear all about you.

jazzcat
02-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Oh wow, Marbles is beautiful!!!! Congratulations on your new furbaby.

Her big fluffy tail definitely needs a name. My husband is who named my Rocky's tail Clubber. He said a tail that big needed a name and since it's Rocky he thought Clubber Lang from the Rocky movies was apropos.

cassiesmom
02-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Yesterday she learned she was able to jump onto the kitchen counter.

Uh oh! Miss Marbles, that's maybe not such a good idea. Be careful up there sweety girl. Next time you have a love session with meowmy, please have her give you some kisses and hugs from me.

RedHedd
02-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Yeah, the kitchen sink is now her new favorite place - boring, but she's enjoying it. Silly kitteh. Hugs? No way - she's pushing me away now because it's play time!

The tail is often called "The Plume! The Plume!" like what's-his-name on Fantasy Island saying "The Plane! The Plane!" :D

I love her LONG legs - one of her nicknames is Twiggy. Oh, and she has tufty toes! Little baby tuftie toes! They're SO cute. I'm trying to get pics.

krazyaboutkatz
02-26-2010, 11:16 AM
She's turning into a total, cuckoo, love bug. She crawled up onto me early this morning for a really sweet head bumpies, tail fluff, huggy, purry love session - she's very affectionate and loves to sleep on me. Not a problem now when she's only 5.5 lbs. .... I guess we'll deal with it when she gets bigger.

Yesterday she learned she was able to jump onto the kitchen counter - She does know the word "no" but, like all cats, on HER terms.

I do need to take and upload more pictures, but she's so hard to photograph because she moves so fast and her coloring photographs very dark.

I've stepped on her a few times because she does tend to blend in - poor dear is very resilient.

I'm sure she'll do a lot of growing and before you know it she might even end up being a big girl like my Ziggy.:) Ziggy started out being a tiny widdle kitten and now I'm pretty sure that she outweighs all of my cats at about 15lbs or so.:eek: The only thing little about Ziggy is her tiny kittenish meow. Hopefully you'll be able to take some new pictures of Marbles soon.:)

RedHedd
02-26-2010, 01:33 PM
I've taken pics, just haven't had time to upload them. I have a feeling she's going to be a BIG girl - she's VERY long. Right now I'm calling her my little sausage cat because when she stretches out, it's like one L O N G little kitteh sausage with a plume on the end :D

She's also finding her voice - right now just little chirps and small meows .... it's just a matter of time before she starts talking

Tora Oni
02-28-2010, 01:51 PM
She is so cute and such a sweetie! :love: Are you calling her tail the plume? Not bad name for a tail, oh and nice name for her, Marbles that is. Hope to see pictures soon. :)

Vermontcat
02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Congratulations on the beautiful new addition!:D
Marbles is just gorgeous and I love her big fluffy plume of a tail!
I can't wait to see some more photos of her.
Give her a big hug and kiss from me.:)

shais_mom
03-13-2010, 11:06 PM
what a gorgeous kitty!
May I ask a question?
I know you've had calicoes and now a tortie - are their temperments similar?
I know all about TORTIETUDE with Kloe - so I was just curious as to someone who has had both.
:love:

Laura's Babies
03-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Marbles is just beautiful!! Congratulations to you and her!! Her tail reminds me so much of Giz's long beautiful, fluffy, "duster" tail that she loves to dust my face off with. Wow! You are really going to enjoy her being in your life and it sure sounds like she already knows she has hit the jackpot home. Can't wait to see more of her and hear stroies...

carole
03-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Staci i can help you with that one, i have one of each too, and strangely enough it is the opposite with my two,Tortie girl is sweet as pie, could not get a better natured or sweeter girl and she is the daughter of the Calico, now she has attitude for sure, so i am wondering if the tortitude is a myth, well it appears so in my case anyhow.

freckledimple
03-14-2010, 10:23 PM
I've never heard of tortie-tude before:cool: All of the torties we've had were attention hogs:love: If they thought there was a remote chance of a pettin', they were there. On the other hand, all of the calicos that have graced us, have been snooty as heck:rolleyes: They only wanted pettin's on their terms, and woe-betide the fingers that sought their fur if they weren't in the mood:mad: One would draw back bloody stubs:eek:

krazyaboutkatz
03-14-2010, 10:46 PM
I've never owned a Tortie or a Calico but I do have a female Lynx Point Siamese Mix and she has Meezertude.LOL:) She has to be the center of attention, can be very bossy, and also very nasty to her siblings. She can also be very loving and loves to cuddle with her siblings and she's become very needy towards me. My other female Ziggy is such a sweetheart in comparison to Pearl.