PDA

View Full Version : Andy and I are splitting up

ramanth
02-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Last month I told Andy I wanted a divorce.

This wasn't a decision I made lightly.... to be honest I've been wrestling with this since 2008. However it is amicable. We're just better as friends than as a couple.

We're planning to stay in the apartment until the lease is up in June and then we'll part ways.

We're still planning to come to Pet Talk gatherings and conventions together though. :)

Karen
02-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I am glad to hear you will still remain friends, and sorry for any heartache this is causing either of you. We'll be thinking of you!

Catty1
02-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I remember some of your posts and how you and Andy did a lot of work to make your marriage stick. :)

You both tried, and you are to be commended for not giving up lightly. You're a rare pair!

And hey, you can never have too many good friends. Best of luck! :love:

Husky_mom
02-06-2010, 01:19 PM
sorry about that.. good thing is.. you´re staying as friends.. that´s admirable..

I do have one very nosy question... forgive me if I intrude, and you´re not obligated to respond.. but... who´s getting "custody" of who..;)

ramanth
02-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I do have one very nosy question... forgive me if I intrude, and you´re not obligated to respond.. but... who´s getting "custody" of who..;)

I asked Andy if he wanted Chipper but he said he didn't want to split Kia and Chips up. He's allergic to cats, so all the furry ones will be living with me.

Andy may take a gecko or two, maybe even the hermit crabs.

He'll still see Kia and Chipper a lot especially if he gets a place here instead of moving back to Detroit. :)

Randi
02-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Ramanth, I'm sorry you're splitting up, but glad you're staying friends. :)

Good luck to both of you in the future!

Cinder & Smoke
02-06-2010, 01:35 PM
This wasn't a decision I made lightly....

We're just better as friends than as a couple.

:(

{{{Hugs}}}, Kimmy, and Andy.

I've told you before - I feel very sad for Both of you.
I'm sorry it didn't work out like you both wanted it to ...
'cause no matter what - you were Good for each other.

Do your best to remain Buddies.

My shoulders and ears are available 24/7 if you need to lean or bend.
:love::love: ya Both!

pomtzu
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
So sorry, but in a lot of cases, what you are doing, works out best.

My son and his first wife just couldn't make it work being married, but they are now best of friends. They have both remarried and are very happy. I'm so glad that it worked out the way it did, especially for the sake of their daughter, and they share in all the decision making concerning her.

Best of luck to both of you in the future - wherever life's road may take you.

Pinot's Mom
02-06-2010, 02:30 PM
It's a shame things couldn't work out, but it is very admirable you're keeping the friendship. Kudos to both of you for that, and best of luck.

Alysser
02-06-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that, but while it's sad, it's very admirable that you will both remain friends. I also think it'll make you both happier. Good luck with everything, both of you.

Queen of Poop
02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Congratulations on being able to do it like grown ups. I am so sorry it has to go this way. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Take care dear. Kisses for all the fur babies.:love:

Daisy and Delilah
02-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Alot of us remember when you guys got married and it's sad to hear this. As others have said, no matter what you do, sometimes some things are not meant to be. I never stop saying that everything happens for a reason.

It is great you can still be friends. Best of luck to both of you.

phesina
02-06-2010, 04:11 PM
All the best to you both as you continue on with life's paths which will keep rejoining in some aspects. God bless you both.

lizbud
02-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I want to wish you both the very best. ((Hugs)) to you both.
I'm glad that Kia & Chipper will get to stay together.:)

Asiel
02-06-2010, 05:03 PM
So sorry about the breakup but keeping things on a friendly basis is the best possible thing you can do. I see couples in your position, great friends but can't live together. Sometimes splitting up is the best for both and for kids if it applies. Wishing you lots of luck.

Laura's Babies
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
My ex and I divorced in about 82, I insisted it be a friendly divorce because there were kids involved. We had the revolving door policy for the kids, they could spend one night with me, the next with their dad or do weeks or none. We left that ALL up to the kids with the understanding that communication would be going on often as to who was where and when.. It worked out beautifully and we are still friends to this day.

It confuses people when there are weddings, graduations etc and they see us together, always whispering "I thought Marie said they were DIVORCED?". Everybody is always surprised that we are such good friends... Heck, why NOT? He knows me better than any man ever has, we shared a lot of good times, a lot of bad times.. we just outgrew each other and neither one of us saw the other as a "bad" person. You just grow apart and see things differently. That don't make either of you right or wrong.

I have never understood WHY there always had to be a big blow up for someone to break up. Adults should be able to say "this isn't working for me anymore and it is time to move on"...

Good luck to you and your soon to be ex. I hope you and he continue to be friends as long as me and my ex has.

sparks19
02-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear this but glad it was a very mutual decision with a good outcome of friendship.

Like laura's babies... my dad has remained friends with his ex wives (yes wiveS lol) They just decided they were better off not married and living together LOL

I remember one year all my siblings and I and my dad went to Florida with his first wife and we ended up doing this survey thing and you should have seen the guys face when he asked "is this your wife" and my dad so no my ex wife. the guy was like uhhhhhh she's your ex wife and you are on vacation together? how is that working out. my dad said GREAT :D

LOL the guy was flabbergasted

Killearn Kitties
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm so sorry that it didn't work out for you both. That is always sad. :(
Hugs to you, and the best of luck in the future.

anna_66
02-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Kim it's really nice to hear you and Andy are staying friends, I can't imagine not seeing one of you without the other at the PT picnics;)
Good luck to the both of you with your new lives.

moosmom
02-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Oh Kimmy, I am so sorry to hear about you and Andy. I support anything you do and you know my number, if you ever feel like talking. You two are great friends and share alot of common interests, like Star Wars, etc.

I know you guys will remain friends. You were friends first, right??

Love to you both!!

k9krazee
02-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I wish you both all the happiness you deserve. :love: :love:

KYS
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
My heart goes out to you both. I know even though you are parting
as friends I know this must have been a painful hard decision.
Sending oodles and oodles of hugs. :love:

carole
02-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I am also sorry to read this post, i remember your wedding, and usually if you are great friends in the beginning it really helps a marriage to work, are you sure you are ready to give up? i guess you know what is best for your future, i wish you both well, and hope that your friendship will remain intact. GOOD LUCK.

krazyaboutkatz
02-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear this:( but I'm glad to hear that you'll remain friends.:) I wish both of you the best of luck in the future.

ramanth
02-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the support everyone. :love:

I do want to add that I've been going to marriage counseling for 3 years. Andy went with me for awhile but then stopped. Marriage is a two way street and I just couldn't make this work on my own anymore. It was too emotionally tolling. But I have no ill will towards Andy.

All in all, just better friends than as a couple. :)

Cataholic
02-07-2010, 11:44 AM
I am sorry to hear this. Even 'good' change/decisions are hard.

Barbara
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
I am sorry to hear this- but it will work out. My ex-husband and I have been good friends since we divorced in 1982- so it even works over a long time distance.
Good luck for all your next steps in life, Kimmy:)

moosmom
02-07-2010, 12:56 PM
It is so true that sometimes, two people are better off friends than being married. Being married has a WHOLE lot of different issues. It's a huge compromise. It can be very tough. I guess maybe that's why I never re-married. I'm very set in my ways and I'm moody. I'm surprized my cats haven't formed some kinda mutiny!!! (sorry, had to interject some humor in this)

I do wish both of you the best, Kimmie. You are two great people and if anyone can make a friendship work, it's you two.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Sorry to hear this, Kimmy... although I must say I am glad that the two of you will remain friends.:love::) Best of luck to you both.

Laura's Babies and sparks' stories are great, if only other divorced couples could just be friends!

AdoreMyDogs
02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Kimmy I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how hard divorce is. I, too, have been through it. I, too, was better off as friends with my X and we still talk as friends. I know Andy and you are both good people. I'm sorry for the heart-ache that divorce produces, but you CAN get through this. I'm so glad you both are going to remain friends and I wish both you and Andy much luck. :love:

sabies
02-07-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm so sorry. Even if you are friends through this I know it must be hard so I wish you the best.

mina'smomma
02-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the divorce Kim. At least with the way you two are splitting is friendly. Like the addage some people come into our lives for a reason some only for a season. I wish you both the best of luck in your new adventures.

Catty1
02-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Kim, I totally understand. You tried for a good long time, and that is what is important.

Best to you!:)

Cinder & Smoke
02-15-2010, 01:43 PM
When you are the only one doing most of the work ...

Was that comment really necessary?
:mad:

EDITED: MUCH Better!
"We" shouldn't take sides.

;)

Catty1
02-15-2010, 02:30 PM
edited

ramanth
02-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks. :)

We took off our rings on Saturday after a heartfelt session with the marriage counselor. We're beginning new chapters in our lives.

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2010, 07:13 PM
We beginning new chapters in our lives.

{{{Hugs}}} > Kimmy & Andy

We'll always be here for BOTH of you!

:love: :love:

ramanth
05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Just wanted to update that our court date was today and the divorce is final. Thanks for all the support! :love:

Pinot's Mom
05-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry it had to happen and wish you the best. I know it's a tough day all around. {{{hugs}}}

Karen
05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the update, and best wishes for future happiness for you both!

snakemama
05-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Best of luck to you both!

Cinder & Smoke
05-25-2010, 06:00 PM
It's been said before, and needs to be repeated ...

{{{Hugs}}} > Kimmy & Andy

We'll always be here for BOTH of you!

http://petoftheday.com/smiles/PetTalk_heart.gif http://petoftheday.com/smiles/PetTalk_heart.gif

Wishing you BOTH the Very Best in the future!

My ears are always available; and shoulders are offered for support.

:love: + :love:<!-- / message -->

carole
05-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I really was not sure what to say, as it is always sad to me when a marriage ends, but i know you gave it a lot of thought and decided it was what was best for you both, so i can only say, good luck and much happiness for your futures, and that you will one day both meet someone that really makes you happy. take care:love:

Anikaca77
05-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Best wishes to you both.

pomtzu
05-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Wishing the best to both of you, no matter what roads you choose.

moosmom
05-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Like Phred said, we here at PT will be here for BOTH of you ALWAYS!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Just wanted to update that our court date was today and the divorce is final. Thanks for all the support! :love:

You should be very proud of yourselves for settling this so amicably. I wish you both all the best for your futures :love:

anna_66
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Good luck to the both of you!