PDA

View Full Version : 3 legged CH'er needs a home

Laura's Babies
02-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Tiffaney needs her forever home. She has what looks to be a mild case of CH and only 3 legs. KoKo, the dog in the video is referred to as a "healer" and they are great friends. Kathy says Tiffaney is a pistol and whoever gets her would be very lucky. Tiff is the calico in the video.

Her story from Kathy

She was born to a feral that left her to die. The caretaker took her in and bottle fed her then put her back out. So sad! Anyway she was born with a leg that she drug around and it caused sores so I had them amputate it. She already had one litter of kittens and the caretaker said her husband wanted to shoot her so she talked him out of it by getting her spayed. I told her that I did not agree to her releasing her without getting the vet care she needed for her leg so she surrendered her to me. The operation cost me almost $700 but as you can tell it was a success and she is doing great now. She was so skinny when I got her...I am sure living in the wild she had to fight to survive. That is why she does not get along with other cats, but she is learning to in my house. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHoR2BFXN_k

On You Tube she wrote

Contact Kathys Kitties in Killeen Texas to adopt Tiffiney @ 254 681-9784.
She is spayed and lost a back leg, and has a some coordination issues with fine motor movements, yet has adapted very well. Isn't she pretty?

Note, I thought I posted this yesteray but can't find it today...

lvpets2002
02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
:eek: WoW this dog & kitty baby are so in love.. Why dont this lady just keep her?? Kileen is about 5 hours from me.. Let me call & see what they say.. Laura now is this the lady that took Charlie in?? The baby in the video looks pregnant.. Yes or No?? Its so sad that the baby has had such a very bad start to life.. So glad this woman took her in..

Laura's Babies
02-06-2010, 10:40 AM
This is the lady Charlie was adopted FROM! She is a rescue, S/N.. as seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEkONj2gpTU

She needs to get her adopted to make room for another to be saved....

She is not pregnant, has been spayed.

Medusa
02-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh my, how sad to separate her from Koko. They're clearly good buddies. My RB Puddy was a Calico born w/a leg that stuck out to the side like a wing and her previous owners were going to have their vet amputate that leg but I talked them out of it and Puddy did just fine as she grew older. I wish I could take Tiffany, truly, but I'm too far away and especially w/Tiff not getting along w/other cats. My Fur Posse would be too rambunctious for her. Such a lousy start in life deserves a happy ending. I sure hope she gets it.

Randi
02-06-2010, 01:58 PM
How cute!! :love: :love: I too think it would be a crime to separate these two. It's obvious that Tiffaney and Koko love eah other. Why can't Tiffaney stay?

Laura's Babies
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Kathy just needs to make room for the next one that needs a special home, so she can save another one. She said Tiffaney and Koko did not get along at all when they first met, that it took time. I wondered too how she will do without KoKo but she is sure she will do just fine.

I think she will switch that affection to a hooman once KoKo is not around.

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2010, 12:25 AM
I thought of doolittleky when I read this and watched the video so I pm'd her the link to this thread. Maybe she can adopt Tiffaney since the other one she wanted to adopt has already been adopted. Hopefully Tiffaney will be able to find a loving caring forever home soon and hopefully KoKo won't be too sad.