PDA

View Full Version : Allergy shots?

catnapper
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
I finished my allergy testing this week.... apparently allergic to the basics (grass, ragweed, mites, etc) The doctor wants me to go through weekly shots. I have no idea how expensive this would be, but if it works, it would be worth it.... right?

Anybody undergo shots? Do they work? Is it worth it?

If it weren't for the whole dust and mites thing, I'd say "forget it!" since I can live through ragweed season, but you can't avoid dust (especially if you work in a furniture store... we've got oodles of dust!)

Karen
02-05-2010, 09:12 AM
My sister had the shots for years, and they worked great for all the seasonal allergies. Didn't even make a dent in her dog and cat and animal allergies, though, sadly.

Laura's Babies
02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
They offered them to me years ago when my allergies were really bad and I was allergic to the same things you are (plus more). I didn't want to be tied down to them like they were in those days. I think it was 3 to 4 shots a week for a year, then fewer per week for another year and another year was even less. But I would have not been able to travel at all for 3 years..

Instead I used the Flo-Nase nose spray and neti pot and mine settled right down. Now they only bother me from time to time. I had year around allergies with seasonal flare up (like you). Now I only have minor seasonal flare ups but not every season. :confused: