PDA

View Full Version : Not natural feline behavior

columbine
02-04-2010, 11:27 PM
OK, I can be REALLY slow to get up in the morning. Sit on my hair, purr in my ear, walk all over me - I'm SLOW. That's normal for a human.

But really don't think it's normal for a cat to touch his mouth softly to a human's lips. Particularly if his human hasn't really tried that on him. I don't even kiss the top of Smudge's head or anything like that. I have no clue how he came up with this novel way of waking me up. But it sure works! His whiskers tickle the heck out of me, and he's rewarded with a mumble, a grunt, a cough or sneeze - and, eventually, a vertical human, and a bowl of food.

But, seriously, where did he get the whole "kiss" meme? I'm the only human he ever sees. It's odd, for sure! But sweet, in its eerie way. :love:

Love, Columbine

RICHARD
02-05-2010, 12:01 AM
But, seriously, where did he get the whole "kiss" meme? I'm the only human he ever sees. It's odd, for sure! But sweet, in its eerie way. :love:

Love, Columbine

He's cheating on you.:eek::confused:;)

And, so close to Valentine's Day, too!:(

GILL
02-05-2010, 07:57 AM
You're right it is sweet. We have the whole range. The whisker tickle, the walk on, the ear purr, or the wet willie, and yes the kiss. Lucky is my kisser and Chessie is my wife’s. We thought that they saw us and picked it up.

Laura's Babies
02-05-2010, 09:00 AM
My grandkitty Annie gives me kisses everytime I go to see Rie. Rie taught her to do that when she was a baby. I think it is so sweet!

columbine
02-05-2010, 09:04 AM
He's cheating on you.:eek::confused:;)

And, so close to Valentine's Day, too!:(

:D But he's an indoor-only cat! Could my rival be a catnip mouse?

Love, Columbine

aTailOf2Kitties
02-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Toby "kisses" me sometimes but usually to see what it was I've just eaten that he didn't get any of.

catmandu
02-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I think thats a natural thing for a Cat to do.:cool::cool:
I have seen the Found Cats do that to each other once in a while and to them we are just Big Furless Cats!!:love::love:

happylabs
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm jealous. I have been trying to get Buddy to give me kisses for years.

smokey the elder
02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Bubba gives me wet willies sometimes; Pink Nose likes to lay his head on mine or lick my forehead!

catmandu
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SAMPREC.jpg
Precious and Sam aka Shemp were always kissing each other, the Other Found Cats and Me.:love::love::love:
Now they are an Eternal Cat Angel Couple in charge of matchmaking.:love::love::love:
And they have so much love in them, that they do a splendid job.:love::love::love:

RICHARD
02-05-2010, 08:29 PM
:D But he's an indoor-only cat! Could my rival be a catnip mouse?

Love, Columbine

Yes!
Check everywhere, especially under the couch!;)

krazyaboutkatz
02-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Pearl's the only cat that I have that will give me kisses but she doesn't do this to wake me up. Storm has put his cold nose against my cheek to try to wake me up and it sure does work. Brrrrrr! Sunny loves to meow louding in my ear. I think this is wonderful gentle way to wake you up.:)