PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Poses - new photo/humour site

Catty1
02-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Not sure if this belongs in DH...but then, have only looked at a few of the photos...

If you’ve ever flipped open Vogue magazine and thought to yourself, “Who thought this ridiculous fashion ad was a good idea,” then you will love Ridiculous Poses. Ridiculous Poses is all about models in…you guessed it…ridiculous poses. And not just in ridiculous poses, but quite often with ridiculous haircuts, in ridiculous outfits, or making ridiculous expressions. It’s addicting in its ridiculousness. Hey, did you know if you type ridiculous repeatedly, it begins looking like a pretty ridiculous word?

http://ridiculousposes.com/

Freckles
02-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I didn't get pass the first picture.

Catty1
02-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Yeah, uh, ignore the first one....

Don't know how long the site will last...but show this to any young person with stars in their eyes who wants to be a model!:eek:

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Notice, No sound track.;)

Miss Z
02-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Fashion is an art form - most of the time, it's downright weird!!

Two of those poses look familiar... :eek:

pomtzu
02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I guess most "models" will do most anything for a buck.........:eek:

wombat2u2004
02-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Notice, No sound track.;)

The sound engineer probably ran away.....I would !!!

wombat2u2004
02-08-2010, 07:43 AM
I guess most "models" will do most anything for a buck.........:eek:

Dunno why people even bother to give them bucks....I wouldn't. Especially nowadays, they all look so anorexic....not like the Vargus girls I had in my day.......now they were WOMEN !!!!!

JenBKR
02-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Those are hilarious! I see some of those are from America's next top model, which I do watch sometimes...seriously it's such a funny show. Wom, I'm with you....I really don't get the attraction to women in 12 year old bodies. Do any men really like that?

I guess most "models" will do most anything for a buck.........

You know it, they are all about the money....and then they complain about how 'hard' it is to model! :eek:

Karen
02-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Dunno why people even bother to give them bucks....I wouldn't. Especially nowadays, they all look so anorexic....not like the Vargus girls I had in my day.......now they were WOMEN !!!!!

It actually has quite an evolution. Designers wanted thinner women, so their bodies would be less the focus, and the clothes the star, not the curves within them. When you think that at one point, the industry decided "walking clothes hangers" were better to display the clothes, the trend toward thinness makes some sense. Of course, then it was taken to extremes, but fashion tends to do that, anyway!

wombat2u2004
02-08-2010, 04:29 PM
It actually has quite an evolution. Designers wanted thinner women, so their bodies would be less the focus, and the clothes the star, not the curves within them. When you think that at one point, the industry decided "walking clothes hangers" were better to display the clothes, the trend toward thinness makes some sense. Of course, then it was taken to extremes, but fashion tends to do that, anyway!

True, but the bottom line is as mentioned before, it's all about the bucks.
Sends a great message to the kids too....."We don't give a rats about your health, just get our clothes sold".
Those women all look morbidly depressed, and certainly wouldn't inspire me if I was a woman, to dress in that apparel.
And as Jen asked "Do men really like that ????" Well.......I'm not real sure what kind of a man would really like that.....I don't think one of them looks sexy in any way.
It's just that I prefer women to be women with their natural curves, and not walking/talking sticks.