PDA

View Full Version : What is this site?

Freedom
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Many of you know I volunteer with a bichon rescue, Small Paws Rescue. Now that I've been doing this almost 3 years, I know most all of the bichon rescues (larger ones) across the country.

What is this site? I know it is new. There is a link on the site, which takes you to Rescueme.org, and there is a place to click to read about the guy behind it all, he lives in Georgia. But what is this organization doing??? Is it like Petfinder and Pets911? Is it like craigslist, where folks post in the pet section?

I can't quite figure out what he is doing! And no, I did NOT log in, or anything. I prefer to have some idea what a site IS, before I 'attach' to it.

http://bichonfrise.rescueme.org/Washington

Any ideas, interpretations, appreciated!

Karen
02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
It looks like just a listing site, and a way for someone to make money from ads. I would not give it any business, as I can find nothing legitimate about it. It's not "new" - the domain was registered in 1999 ...

Freedom
02-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks, Karen! Wasn't planning to give him business; he keeps flagging our craigslist ads in Washington state, we are in need of foster homes there.

Now I have some idea what he is doing, I can do a work around. Thank you.