PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Sunday, Thursday 364!

RICHARD
02-03-2010, 07:04 PM
One more game...I am tryig to get excited for it because I haven't had many to be thrilled about.

Let's decorate the bar and I'll be back with the drink selection!

DONE!:)

Pinot's Mom
02-03-2010, 08:05 PM
We're havin' a Creole Superbowl at our house with Jambalaya, Creole Shrimp and lots of other Cajun/Creole treats! We're excited; if you're rooting for Indi, I'm sorry, you'll have to stay out in the snow!;)

Orc, we've got lots of Mardi Gras beads for the bar! Give us a hand, eh?

RICHARD
02-03-2010, 08:29 PM
We're havin' a Creole Superbowl at our house with Jambalaya, Creole Shrimp and lots of other Cajun/Creole treats! We're excited; if you're rooting for Indi, I'm sorry, you'll have to stay out in the snow!;)

Orc, we've got lots of Mardi Gras beads for the bar! Give us a hand, eh?

Beads or food?

Let me think about this?;)

cassiesmom
02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm making white bean chicken chili for the game on Sunday. Could I have a beer? Does this bar have any Czechvar? If not - I'll have Pilsner Urquell. I'll hang up some Colts and Saints flags.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2a/Czechvar.JPG/288px-Czechvar.JPG

RICHARD
02-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm making white bean chicken chili for the game on Sunday. Could I have a beer? Does this bar have any Czechvar? If not - I'll have Pilsner Urquell. I'll hang up some Colts and Saints flags.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2a/Czechvar.JPG/288px-Czechvar.JPG

Ooh, looks good.....the beer and the flages!

DONE!:D

Karen
02-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I'll just take a quiet cup of chai over in a corner - I REALLY don't like football, never have. Maybe a consequence of forced attendance at high school football games (if you're in the marching band, you have to be there!) when we had a horrible, horrible team, and lost game after game so badly the band members were thinking maybe we ought to go help.

You all can have your nice part, I'll be over in a corner, maybe the orange kitten will come snuggle with me.

KYS
02-04-2010, 10:52 AM
My BF neighbors are also have a Creole Super bowl.
I wonder how much of the Super Bowl they will be actually watching or partying. lol

Food for me please. hehehe

smokey the elder
02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm having a small party; we're having Cajun-themed food. Roast chicken with Cajun spice rub, rum-glazed sweet potato casserole, assorted snacks. I found a mint julep recipe that uses 2 parts bourbon and 1 part dark rum that I'm going to try.

Queen of Poop
02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Karen, may I join you and the orange kitten in the corner with some tea?? I love football, but this whole divorce thing has soured me on sports. Hopefully it is only a temporary thing.

happylabs
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
...if you're rooting for Indi, I'm sorry, you'll have to stay out in the snow!;)

LOL! The spicy Cajun food sounds great! I am not much into football either but if it is an exciting game I can get into it.
For some reason I am craving a fuzzy navel. Would this go with the theme of the party?

RICHARD
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
I'll just take a quiet cup of chai over in a corner - I REALLY don't like football, never have. Maybe a consequence of forced attendance at high school football games (if you're in the marching band, you have to be there!) when we had a horrible, horrible team, and lost game after game so badly the band members were thinking maybe we ought to go help.

You all can have your nice part, I'll be over in a corner, maybe the orange kitten will come snuggle with me.

You don't have to watch the game.....You have to be there to have a good time!:)

One CHai?

DONE!

KYS and STE,

With the Saints in, ya think that had any impact on the theme of some parties?;)

FOOD for K and a drink for Smokey!

DONE!

QoP,
you'll have one eye on the game, I guarantee it!

Done.

Happy,

Flannel sheets give the "Fuzzy Navel"?

Kidding, one real Fuzzy Navel?

done!

pomtzu
02-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I just might join Karen in the corner, since neither team interests me this year.

I was supposed to go watch my granddaughter participate in the Polar Bear Plunge into the Atlantic on Sunday, but within the last hour it has been postponed due to the nor'easter heading our way this weekend with snow, high winds and heavy surf. This will be her first year for it (benefits Special Olympics), and she and some friends did a practice run a few weeks ago. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the pictures - the girls in their bikinis and guys in their surfer shorts - frolicking in the Atlantic Ocean in the middle of winter. BRRRR - in my old age, I find it too cold in the middle of summer this far north! :eek: I think they're all slightly nuts, but that's part of the fun of being young! :p

With all that talk, I'm now cold and in need of something to warm me up. How about some of Karen's famous hot chocolate, topped with whipped cream please???

Pinot's Mom
02-04-2010, 12:45 PM
My BF neighbors are also have a Creole Super bowl.
I wonder how much of the Super Bowl they will be actually watching or partying. lol

Food for me please. hehehe

Actually we kept this a bit smaller than our normal parties so we COULD watch the game! We have two good sized rooms with larger (not "big screen", but big enough) TV's and wanted to make sure everyone could actually see the game. We'll see what the weather brings, though!

Barkeep, I'm home today not feeling up to par...how about a spiked hot tea?

Catherinedana
02-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I'll hang with Karen and PZ but I want chai AND cookies please. Preferably soft-baked chocolate chip macadamia. BIG ones. :D

I could care less about sports. . . I watch the Puppy Bowl on the animal channel.

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
I just might join Karen in the corner,
since neither team interests me this year.

:confused:
Query: ???

Do the Poor Souls who pay the BIGGA $$ Bucks to watch the Epic Event
"LIVE" get to view a JumboTron to see the Commercials?
I can't imagine paying all that money to watch the foosball and then
miss all the Ads. :(

RedHedd
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Yum! Football and cajun food! I'm rooting for the 'aints ... actually I'll probably just be watching for the commercials .... maybe with a new kitteh in my household.

Looking at an orange Maine Coon girl on Saturday, but I really fell in love with a long-haired tortie kitten named Marbles at the San Francisco Animal Control (a kill shelter) last night. God only knows I can always use more marbles in my house as I seem to be lacking a few :D

So a platter of jambalaya and an iced tea and I'm set!

pomtzu
02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Yum! Football and cajun food! I'm rooting for the 'aints ... actually I'll probably just be watching for the commercials .... maybe with a new kitteh in my household.

Looking at an orange Maine Coon girl on Saturday, but I really fell in love with a long-haired tortie kitten named Marbles at the San Francisco Animal Control (a kill shelter) last night. God only knows I can always use more marbles in my house as I seem to be lacking a few :D

How about giving them both a new home??? ;) Kitties don't take up much room! :p

pomtzu
02-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Actually we kept this a bit smaller than our normal parties so we COULD watch the game! We have two good sized rooms with larger (not "big screen", but big enough) TV's and wanted to make sure everyone could actually see the game. We'll see what the weather brings, though!

Barkeep, I'm home today not feeling up to par...how about a spiked hot tea?

Hey Maggie - you and parties and snow storms just don't mix. Did you hear that we are now under a blizzard warning with up to 24" of snow? Lots of "leftovers" at your house again this weekend! :eek::p

Pinot's Mom
02-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Hey Maggie - you and parties and snow storms just don't mix. Did you hear that we are now under a blizzard warning with up to 24" of snow? Lots of "leftovers" at your house again this weekend! :eek::p

Yeah, I know, Ellie, the theme of this winter seems to be - Maggie & Coop plan a party; we're going to have snow measured in FEET in Maryland!:confused: MARYLAND!

RedHedd
02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
How about giving them both a new home??? ;) Kitties don't take up much room! :p

LOL - I seriously hadn't even thought of that, as I think their personalities are very different. One's a spunky kitten and the Maine Coon has been abused - very sad story - and she needs to be an only cat. I know I do not have the capacity to take on two at this time.

Laura's Babies
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Louisiana has decided to change the days of the week: Mondat, Truedat, Wedat, Drewdat, Fridat, Saintsdat, and WhoDat. Please adjust your calendars

Music to set the mood with video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLCy46NWO4s

I'm going to wear my new shirt!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/FlurDeLies.jpg

BRING ME A DIXIE BEER!
I'll drink it to "The Night We Drank That Dixe Down"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SO9rP5HtQ

Opps! I forgot the Chant!

WHO DAT! WHO DAT! WHO DAT SAY DE GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? WHO DAT?

momoffuzzyfaces
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't do football games. They put me right to sleep!! :D I plan on watching the Ghost Hunters marathon on sci fi that day.

Can I still get some pizza and a root beer? pa-llllleeeeezzzzzeee? :D:love:

RICHARD
02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't do football games. They put me right to sleep!! :D I plan on watching the Ghost Hunters marathon on sci fi that day.

Can I still get some pizza and a root beer? pa-llllleeeeezzzzzeee? :D:love:

Pizza and beer?

DONE!

I think we can get you a seat next to the marathon!

DONE!

Laura,

Seriously, who do you want to win?
One Dixie beer!

DONE!

Redd,

One Jambalaya and an Iced Tea!

And a hug for the kittehs?

DONE!

Pom,
Can I get you that chocolate and cookies?

DONE?

C&S,

Nope they see everything except the commercials!:rolleyes:

CD, Thanks for reminding me of the Puppy Bowl..

One Giant Macadamia cookie and a Chai!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
02-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Louisiana has decided to change the days of the week: Mondat, Truedat, Wedat, Drewdat, Fridat, Saintsdat, and WhoDat. Please adjust your calendars

Music to set the mood with video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLCy46NWO4s

I'm going to wear my new shirt!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/FlurDeLies.jpg

BRING ME A DIXIE BEER!
I'll drink it to "The Night We Drank That Dixe Down"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SO9rP5HtQ

Opps! I forgot the Chant!

WHO DAT! WHO DAT! WHO DAT SAY DE GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? WHO DAT?

Laura, you're invited to our party!! :D

Barkeep - you ignored me once again, but I'm used to it....:(
I'd still like a spiked hot tea....and whatever everyone else wants...

RICHARD
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Laura, you're invited to our party!! :D

Barkeep - you ignored me once again, but I'm used to it....:(
I'd still like a spiked hot tea....and whatever everyone else wants...

Spiked hot tea!!!!
DONEd!

When I hit the reply button everyone's post comes up and I have to roll up and down the screen...I saw your last post and didn't seen a drink order!

Everyone posts fast and furious and sometimes I don't catch the multiple posts!!!!!!

Sorry!:(:o

Karen
02-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey, that's okay, barkeep - we iz all hooman here and makes mistakes!

I'll take another cup of chai, and pour some of the good hot chocolate for whoever wants some, too, 'specially our friends in the Mid-Atlantic states, who are due to get slammed with another storm this weekend.

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2010, 10:10 PM
C&S,

Nope they see everything except the commercials! :rolleyes:

:confused:

Is there something OTHER THAN the Commercials ???

I run to the kitchen when all thhose other guys start runnin around -
How's come they only give 'em ONE Foosball to play with?
There's be a lot less *squabblin* iffin each mob had their own ball.

;)

Laura's Babies
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I run to the kitchen when all those other guys start runnin around -
How's come they only give 'em ONE Foosball to play with?
There's be a lot less *squabblin* iffin each mob had their own ball.

I always thought they only had one ball just so they could fight over it. It always confused me that they called it a "ball game" because it always looked more like a wrestling match to me..

Bar Keep, anothe DIXIE please!

Hay! Did yall hear that Two days ago, the Groundhog came out of his hole...all dressed up in BLACK and GOLD!!! In his hand was a little wooden bat...he looked at the crowd and screamed "WHO DAT!!!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/LandfallinMiami.jpg

smokey the elder
02-05-2010, 01:02 PM

Seems like Goldi and Mitzi are cooking up a succession plan. Weren't they orange and tortie?:)

smokey the elder
02-05-2010, 01:05 PM
BTW, I love "hurricane Whodat!"

There was a big stink about the phrase "Whodat?" on shirts, etc. from the NFL (No Fun League). It got settled earlier this week. Now someone has made up a shirt saying, "Who dat saying we can't print who dat?":D

RedHedd
02-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Seems like Goldi and Mitzi are cooking up a succession plan. Weren't they orange and tortie?:)

Yup - the orange gal looks a LOT like Goldie:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8041023&mtf=1

However I think she's also a Maine Coon, which means Mishi is sticking his paw into the mix too.

RICHARD
02-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Hey, that's okay, barkeep - we iz all hooman here and makes mistakes!

I'll take another cup of chai, and pour some of the good hot chocolate for whoever wants some, too, 'specially our friends in the Mid-Atlantic states, who are due to get slammed with another storm this weekend.

One cup of chai and HOT chocolate for everyone else.

C&S,

I would love to see that!

LB,
Another Dixie.

DONE!

STE,

Funny, I remember Who dat from years ago and now that the Saints are in?;)

http://raiders.fandome.com/video/116969/Oakland-Raider-Tommy-Kelly-Loses-His-Pants-Mid-Game/?q=k

---------------

One key to the game?

NO has to tackle the runner. The ESPN talking heads were touting the NO defense and how the like to try and force fumbles.

I have seen guys go for the ball and lose the runner..

Muy Importante!

slick
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
We crazy Canucks don't do Super Bowl - well at least I don't. Mind you them big fellas shur do look gud in them there uneeforms........ :D

Looking forward to going home soon. Barkeep, how about a round of beerz on me for the house and I'll take my usual BM with a shrimp skewer and twist of lemon. Tanks. :)

Laura's Babies
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
There was a big stink about the phrase "Whodat?" on shirts, etc. from the NFL (No Fun League). It got settled earlier this week. Now someone has made up a shirt saying, "Who dat saying we can't print who dat?"

Someone did the digging into how long that "WHO DAT" saying has been around. They showed actual TV footage from the 50's of "WHO DAT" being chanted at a basketball game and dug even deeper. I think they said it goes back to the first refferance to it being made in 1908! SO, how can anyone today claim rights to it? :confused: ..... it's all about the $$$$$$$! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
We crazy Canucks don't do Super Bowl - well at least I don't. Mind you them big fellas shur do look gud in them there uneeforms........ :D

Looking forward to going home soon. Barkeep, how about a round of beerz on me for the house and I'll take my usual BM with a shrimp skewer and twist of lemon. Tanks. :)

A BM....boy that sounds good!

DONE!

LB, I remember it from the mid eighties, When NO came to El Lay to play I saw the Aint's and Who Dat alll over the place!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Hope you keep the hot cocoa on tap for the weekend. The east coast is getting burried by snow and we are in for another major winter storm starting tomorrow night. We are in for 6 to 10 inches with sleet and freezing rain. :(

I am so SICK OF THIS WINTER WEATHER!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

(ok I feel better now) :D

RICHARD
02-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Hope you keep the hot cocoa on tap for the weekend. The east coast is getting burried by snow and we are in for another major winter storm starting tomorrow night. We are in for 6 to 10 inches with sleet and freezing rain. :(

And here I am crying about a 10 minute rain storm?:rolleyes:

Hot chocolate?

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM

You want winter weather??? I'll give you winter weather!! We've just broken all records regarding snow. We're somewhere between 33 and 35 inches.

pomtzu
02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Hot hot hot chocolate for me please. No - I'm not stuttering - I just want it supersized and super hot. I'm freezing my skinny butt off just looking at about 2 feet of snow outside - and it's still coming down. Guess I'll be watching the game tomorrow, for lack of anything better to do, while the able bodied family members attempt to dig us out!

BRRRRRRRRRRRR...............:(

RICHARD
02-06-2010, 02:30 PM
My mom would look out the window on winter days when the weather was crappy and ask us,

"If you were homeless? Where would you go?"

I would tell her, Under the bridge, by the wash! After we laughed I'd seriously think about her question.

Thank the lord we have some kind of roof over our heads....:eek:

Hot chocolate and better weather for everyone!

DONE!

pomtzu
02-06-2010, 02:46 PM
My mom would look out the window on winter days when the weather was crappy and ask us,

"If you were homeless? Where would you go?"

I would tell her, Under the bridge, by the wash! After we laughed I'd seriously think about her question.

Thank the lord we have some kind of roof over our heads....:eek:

Hot chocolate and better weather for everyone!

DONE!

Amen to that!!! And that said, I think I'll stop complaining and be thankful that I'm warm, and safe, and dry. Thanks for that reality check.......;)

RICHARD
02-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Amen to that!!! And that said, I think I'll stop complaining and be thankful that I'm warm, and safe, and dry. Thanks for that reality check.......;)

I didn't mean as a RC, it's O.K. to complain! Ma was big on the reminders of what could be and what isn't.

It's good to look out sometimes and think about the people who do not have as good as we do.:(

Refill for you!

DONE!

pomtzu
02-06-2010, 03:07 PM
I didn't mean as a RC, it's O.K. to complain! Ma was big on the reminders of what could be and what isn't.

It's good to look out sometimes and think about the people who do not have as good as we do.:(

Refill for you!

DONE!

No - it was good that you said that - really!! All too often we take for granted what we have, when we should be thankful that we have it. Your Ma was a wise one! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
You want winter weather??? I'll give you winter weather!! We've just broken all records regarding snow. We're somewhere between 33 and 35 inches.

No thank you! I've had you all in my prayers all day. By the way, another system will be on the way early next week. That's the one we will be getting tomorrow.

It's just it's so cold and slick and has been since christmas. If I'm lucky my used-to-be-neighbor kid will dig me out for 30 dollars. Last storm I didn't see him at all and I finally had to do it. If I fall, I will just have to lay there because I won't be able to get up again. With my arthritis, I could hardly walk for days. I'm just so tired of it. But so thankful I'm not in Haiti. :love:

RICHARD
02-06-2010, 05:22 PM
No thank you! I've had you all in my prayers all day. By the way, another system will be on the way early next week. That's the one we will be getting tomorrow.

It's just it's so cold and slick and has been since christmas. If I'm lucky my used-to-be-neighbor kid will dig me out for 30 dollars. Last storm I didn't see him at all and I finally had to do it. If I fall, I will just have to lay there because I won't be able to get up again. With my arthritis, I could hardly walk for days. I'm just so tired of it. But so thankful I'm not in Haiti. :love:

MOFF, please don't take that chance.....

I don't want anyone to find you as a MOFF-sicle!

Karen
02-06-2010, 05:53 PM

MOFF, this is an order: if you leave the house for any reason, even just to go to the mailbox, have your cellphone with you, and charged. After my dear aunt fell on such a trip a few years ago, and lay for an hour and a half in the cold on the ice until someone happened by, she made me promise, and to tell others. Cell phones exist -- and this is a good reason to have one!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
MOFF, please don't take that chance.....

I don't want anyone to find you as a MOFF-sicle!

Sadly if my once neighbor kid doesn't shovel it, I have no one else so have to shovel it. My few friends all dropped me when I got stove up with arthritis.

Karen, that's good advise. I do have a cell phone I keep in my pocket when I go outside. We had a lady freeze to death a few years ago just going out to get her mail when she fell. :(

Karen
02-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Sadly if my once neighbor kid doesn't shovel it, I have no one else so have to shovel it. My few friends all dropped me when I got stove up with arthritis.

Karen, that's good advise. I do have a cell phone I keep in my pocket when I go outside. We had a lady freeze to death a few years ago just going out to get her mail when she fell. :(

Okay, talk to your pastor, and see if there's any teenager who might want to make a few dollars to do it, and if not, call town hall, the school - maybe they could post a "storm help wanted" ad, as we don't want you to risk getting hurt!

Lady's Human
02-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Anyone want some fish chowdah?

I was making some for church and the batch sorta ran amok......

:eek:

Karen
02-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Hey, in here, I can have fish chowder. Too early for it yet, but I'll take some for lunch! Oh, and like it ever doesn't run amok - it's fish chowder!

Lady's Human
02-07-2010, 08:27 AM
But it started out as a small batch

Well, I intended to make a small batch....

but, well.......

It kinda wound up filling the 7 quart crock pot.

Lost my thumb, as ususal

DJFyrewolf36
02-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Ill take whatevers ready! A good friend came into town to play an event last nigt and of course I can't let that affect my job so here I sit at work with NO sleep but luckily I am off at noon...only 5ish hrs and a bus trip to go and I can SLEEP!

Lady's Human
02-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Well, the Chowdah and the coffee are both hot and ready to serve, so Here you go!

(BTW, will someone please tell the cooking shows that odd ingredients DO NOT go in Chowder? It's a simple fisherman's dish, and I sincerely doubt that half the ingredients tossed in chowder would even have been available to someone on the New England seacoast!)

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Well, the Chowdah and the coffee are both hot and ready to serve, so Here you go!

(BTW, will someone please tell the cooking shows that odd ingredients DO NOT go in Chowder? It's a simple fisherman's dish, and I sincerely doubt that half the ingredients tossed in chowder would even have been available to someone on the New England seacoast!)

I don't mean to laugh.

You mean ...

2 lbs fish, Three medium potatoes, heavy cream, celery, One Left thumb (right thumb if you left handed???) :eek:

Everyone had a twist to the old family recipe!:eek:

YOU are stuck in the "Food For Thousands" recipe mindset!

I watched my mom cook and she could never pare down the recipes for just her and dad...she always cook for the masses. Hence the razzing about "FFT".

Let me slice up a loaf of fresh bread!

DONE!:)

Pinot's Mom
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Barkeep, the big dig is done, and we're READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!! Orc, is the decorating done? All the beads in place? Mardi Gras/New Orleans/Saints T-Shirts in place? Good!

Bring on the Creole munchies (we're having spicy chicken pieces first) and I'll start with a glass of Chardonnay. Y'all ready??:D

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Barkeep, the big dig is done, and we're READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!! Orc, is the decorating done? All the beads in place? Mardi Gras/New Orleans/Saints T-Shirts in place? Good!

Bring on the Creole munchies (we're having spicy chicken pieces first) and I'll start with a glass of Chardonnay. Y'all ready??:D

Chardonnay...

I have to stay on top of this....DONE!

I am going to make some salsa..anyone???

orangemm
02-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Richard, I'd LOVE some salsa! The hotter, the bettah!

We always have chili and cornbread on Super Sunday. I also made a batch of Buffalo Chex mix.:eek:

Shoveled my snow, dug cars out and am ready!!!:D:D

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Richard, I'd LOVE some salsa! The hotter, the bettah!

We always have chili and cornbread on Super Sunday. I also made a batch of Buffalo Chex mix.:eek:

Shoveled my snow, dug cars out and am ready!!!:D:D

Where are you going? You have a game to watch!;)

One Bowl of Salsa-a Super Bowl? And some Fritos!

DONE!

Here's my pick,

N.O. 28-17.

Karen
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Nah - the "lost my thumb" is a reference to the old "add about "this" much, and completely forgetting that it was a kinda specific amount, no "and well, got extra might as well throw that in, too ...

Lady's Human
02-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Karen, you haven't been out on the boat in a while.....

Losing one's thumb is a fishing reel reference.

When you lose your thumb on the reel (The thumb controls the spool speed) you wind up with a bird's nest in the line.

Losing your thumb is a bad thing.

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I guess that counts the Edster out! He an haz no thumz?

I'm got some skirt steak on the grill, spicy pintos on the stove, warm tortillas and fresh salsa ready to roll.
DONE!

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Here's my pick,

N.O. 28-17.

Dang, I missed it by 3......;)

Pinot's Mom
02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Who freakin' DAT!!!

RICHARD
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Who freakin' DAT!!!

The fans and New Ahluns DAT!
Dat's who Dat Is!

Campagne for the house.

A great game, too bad one team has to lose.

Done!

DJFyrewolf36
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I slept through the WHOLE FREAKING GAME! :o It was way awesome to see my friend again though and I absolutely needed to get back out on the dance floor so its all good.

WHO DAT? :D Im so glad the underdogs won...its about time! Great Job New Orleans!!!

Ill take whatever the special is...maybe some Midori :D

RICHARD
02-08-2010, 12:33 AM
I slept through the WHOLE FREAKING GAME! :o It was way awesome to see my friend again though and I absolutely needed to get back out on the dance floor so its all good.

WHO DAT? :D Im so glad the underdogs won...its about time! Great Job New Orleans!!!

Ill take whatever the special is...maybe some Midori :D

I missed the 2nd quarter!

Midori?

DONE!

Laura's Babies
02-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Thought I would check in and let ya all know.. WE DAT! WE DAT! WE DAT NOW!!

I started out watching it... had the TV on it anyway.. When it was 0 Saints- 10 Colts, I decided I better stop watching it and changed the channel.. I was afraid I was jinxing it by watching so I quit..

Eddies wife called from Virginia and that is always a long conversation so I forgot about the game until I heard fireworks going off in the neighborhood so I changed the TV back to the game.. Saints had scored and someone was shooting off fireworks every time they scored.

Involved in the conversation and not paying attention, I don't know how much time passed and I didn't even look at the TV.. finally I did and I saw everyone jumping up and down, hugging and saw them grab the gator ade thing and dumping it on somebody... I told Regina "Hay, something has happened with that game!"... THEN, the fireworks started all around me.. "REGINA, I think they WON!!" Sure enough I looked at the score and everybody was on the field by then... OMG! They DID win!! It was like the 4th of July here, beautiful fireworks going off everywhere. Got a text from Rie and she was at her daughters house and there fireworks were all around them where they were too.

It was SO exciting for everyone in Louisiana... The Academy Sporting store opened after the game and sold championship shirts and hats and the crowd was there buying them up as fast as they could set them out. The whole state was celebrating last night and chanting "WHO DAT? WHO DAT?.... WE DAT! WE DAT!"

Yep! WE DAT NOW!

Pinot's Mom
02-08-2010, 08:59 AM
WOO HOO!!! I'm so glad they won!!! :D:D:D

My cousin (Pitcairn, La) and I were on Facebook with each other periodically through the game - it did get scary at some points!! I'll bet she's still partying! :D

lvpets2002
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
:D Yes We Are All Very Proud of the Saints.. Who Dat is We Dat Now for Sure.. It was a close one until the Interseption happened & TouchDown & then I was like you go you go.. Rest is History in the Making..

RICHARD
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
There is nothing more satisfying that something that brings a community together.

Hope you alls get many more times to party.

Congrats, again!

Rock on N.O.!

RICHARD
02-09-2010, 09:34 AM

http://www.grimmy.com/images/MGG_Archive/MGG_2010/MGG0208.gif

I saw this cartoon yesterday....I thought of you!

Sometimes looking out a a window brings the world into focus!;)