PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help needed! Special needs cat needs assistance ASAP (Bethlehem)

Anikaca77
02-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I just read this ad on Craiglist, figured I'd post it here and maybe someone would want to take him in?

I can't I already have my hands full but I could help transport.
Melissa

I have a 5 year old cat that is having trouble with a possible Urinary tract infection and also he is possibly developing kidney stones. He is having trouble urinating. He has been to see Dr Hess in Allentown, and I had him on antibiotics for about 10 days. The problem is, he is not recovering as I had expected and he is going to need to go back for further testing and diagnosis. I love the cat dearly, but I am not able to afford the continued care that he will need and I cannot allow him to suffer!
Please, if there is anyone out there who would be able to help or even that would be able to take the cat from me, I would really appreciate hearing fronm you! His name is Taz and he is an orange and rust colored taby. He has no other problems, except for the trouble urinating.
IF I am not able to come up with about $600 for ongoing care, I will be forced to put him down. I really do not want to do that, but I have no other options, at this time!
Please call 484-274-1057, or 484-544-9174 as soon as possible!

Anikaca77
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Heres another one but this one doesn't have special needs just needs a home.

So said at 12 years old.

12 year Old Calico (Allentown )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-01, 5:42PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

http://allentown.craigslist.org/pet/1581415918.html

12 Year old Calico looking for a home free of kids... Someone out there who is looking for a companion, that has a quiet home for this beautiful cat... email me... She is fixed, declawed and up to date on all shots. Dry food diet.

jennielynn1970
02-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Dr. Hess is very accomodating, and should be able to help them out financially somehow. She does payment plans and such. I've had Dr. Hess as my vet for years, and I've never had them tell me they'd put down my cat if I didn't come up with the money in full.

Anikaca77
02-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Dr. Hess is very accomodating, and should be able to help them out financially somehow. She does payment plans and such. I've had Dr. Hess as my vet for years, and I've never had them tell me they'd put down my cat if I didn't come up with the money in full.

Then I wonder if this is just another case of someone not wanting to take proper care of their cat or something?

I'm not sure.

aTailOf2Kitties
02-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Then I wonder if this is just another case of someone not wanting to take proper care of their cat or something?

I'm not sure.
no it's someone who can't afford to treat their cat. Even if the Dr takes payments, you stil have to come up with all of the $ eventually and that's a lot of cash any way you look at it. The owner didn't say the Dr would put the cat down if she didn't pay, she was just saying that if she herself couldn't come up with the money (or a new home) she would have the cat PTS rather than let it suffer.

Anikaca77
02-04-2010, 02:52 PM
no it's someone who can't afford to treat their cat. Even if the Dr takes payments, you stil have to come up with all of the $ eventually and that's a lot of cash any way you look at it. The owner didn't say the Dr would put the cat down if she didn't pay, she was just saying that if she herself couldn't come up with the money (or a new home) she would have the cat PTS rather than let it suffer.

True. Thanks. Poor thing. It is expensive I know that but even with payments you can get behind believe me, I didn't expect to owe our vet as much as we do now but we are going to pay her off it just takes time, I'm just glad that we are still able to take our cats in regardless of the bill. Hopefully soon our income tax check comes and we can pay them off and work on another vet bill I'm sure by that time.

Melissa