PDA

View Full Version : Todays Dog of the Day

Golden Retriever Lover
02-02-2010, 07:42 AM
What a beautiful dog - what a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

People like you should be commended for rescues like this - how great of you both to take this beautiful animal from a terrible environment like the one it was originally in.

Take pride in your story - you give pet owners a good name.

husky 1
02-02-2010, 08:01 AM
cochise well done for being dotd, you are lovely:love:

cyber-sibes
02-02-2010, 09:03 AM
What a handsome guy!!! Thank God your friend told you about him, you're right, he would never have made it with that kind of neglect. He must have been waaaaay too young from his mom, if he was only 6 weeks old when you got him & he'd already been with that family for a while.

He's a gorgeous boy, and very lucky to find his way to a wonderful Siberian loving family like you! A-roos to yous!!!!

~Jack and Moo

mydd
02-02-2010, 09:48 AM
It is unreal that people can want a dog for a novelity! iam so glad you were able to take him and give him a good home he is beautiful !:)

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 09:56 AM
What a beautiful dog - what a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

People like you should be commended for rescues like this - how great of you both to take this beautiful animal from a terrible environment like the one it was originally in.

Take pride in your story - you give pet owners a good name.

Aww, thank you so much! When we rescued Cochise we actually had five dogs at home already. We definitely were not looking for another one but we couldn't turn our backs on this guy! We originally took him and thought that we would find him a good home with a friend of ours but I just couldn't give him up! It was love at first sight! :love:

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
cochise well done for being dotd, you are lovely:love:

Cochise thanks you!! You have a beautiful pack!! :D

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 10:03 AM
What a handsome guy!!! Thank God your friend told you about him, you're right, he would never have made it with that kind of neglect. He must have been waaaaay too young from his mom, if he was only 6 weeks old when you got him & he'd already been with that family for a while.

He's a gorgeous boy, and very lucky to find his way to a wonderful Siberian loving family like you! A-roos to yous!!!!

~Jack and Moo
Thank you so much! The luck part of it was mutual! He is very spoiled and has a great family with four sister sibes! We just lost our alpha wolf/malamute on Christmas eve so Cochise is now filling his place as the alpha male. It's pretty funny seeing as he is only 10 months old now. He was way too young to be taken away from his mother. The people who had him before said they got him at 2 weeks. I think he still thinks that I am his mother! Luckily I don't work and was able to be with him all the time! Thanks again for your kind comments! A-roos to you and your pack!! :D

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
It is unreal that people can want a dog for a novelity! iam so glad you were able to take him and give him a good home he is beautiful !:)
I agree 110%!!! I just can't understand how someone could do that to any animal! We are blessed to have him with us! Thank you so much for your kind comments! :D

susanswatlin518
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DOG!!!! I AM A CAT LADY BUT I RECALL GROWING UP AND THERE WAS A LARGE HUSKY NAMED CHIEF WHO USED TO WALK DOWN THE CENTER OF OUR STREET LIKE HE OWNED THE AREA. I DON'T KNOW WHO OWNED HIM-BUT HE WAS GORGEOUS AND VERY CALM AND QUIET. THIS IS A GREAT-LOOKING BREED. COCHISE, HAPPY DOTD-AND THANK YOU FOR BEING ON PET TALK:love::love::love::love::love:SUSANSWATLIN518

kuhio98
02-02-2010, 11:58 AM
THUNK!

Adorable Cochise, I fell on the floor in a swoon after seeing your beautiful face. I think I'm in :love::love::love:

I'm so glad your family gets you some "snow-time". If you ever take a trip to Alaska, please let me know. :p We've got lots of that white stuff just waiting for you. :D

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 12:26 PM
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DOG!!!! I AM A CAT LADY BUT I RECALL GROWING UP AND THERE WAS A LARGE HUSKY NAMED CHIEF WHO USED TO WALK DOWN THE CENTER OF OUR STREET LIKE HE OWNED THE AREA. I DON'T KNOW WHO OWNED HIM-BUT HE WAS GORGEOUS AND VERY CALM AND QUIET. THIS IS A GREAT-LOOKING BREED. COCHISE, HAPPY DOTD-AND THANK YOU FOR BEING ON PET TALK:love::love::love::love::love:SUSANSWATLIN518

Thank you for your kind comments! :D

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 12:28 PM
THUNK!

Adorable Cochise, I fell on the floor in a swoon after seeing your beautiful face. I think I'm in :love::love::love:

I'm so glad your family gets you some "snow-time". If you ever take a trip to Alaska, please let me know. :p We've got lots of that white stuff just waiting for you. :D

Cochise thanks you! I fell in love with him the minute I saw him too! He just loves the snow and would definitely be in heaven if he ever went to Alaska! ;)

tatsxxx11
02-02-2010, 12:30 PM
What an amazing, heart wrenching, inspirational story! You are truly a brave and courageous boy Cochise; a fighter and a survivor! We all are so, so very grateful that you found your way out of that horror home, into the loving arms of such a wonderful, caring forever family; humans who will respect and cherish you all the days of your life! As your Mom says, you never would have survived such neglect!

Yes indeed, you and your pack are simply magnificent, and we are so happy to pay homage to you here today!:love: Thanks to your wonderful family for sharing you and your heartwarming story with us, and the breathtaking photos!:eek::cool: I hope you and the pack are all enjoying a very special Dog of the Day celebration, romping and playing and being spoiled to pieces!:) Love, hugs and belly rubs to you, beautiful Cochise!:love::love::love:

MoonandBean
02-02-2010, 12:59 PM
You are SO beautiful; I made my co-worker get up and come look at your puppy picture :D And what a handsome boy you grew up to be!! I am also so happy to see your mom posting on here! We can never have enough husky lovers :)

This was my beautiful boy, Stryker: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/804369

MoonandBean
02-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Hey, I found another Cochise thread...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=158986

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
You are SO beautiful; I made my co-worker get up and come look at your puppy picture :D And what a handsome boy you grew up to be!! I am also so happy to see your mom posting on here! We can never have enough husky lovers :)

This was my beautiful boy, Stryker: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/804369

Thank you for your sweet comments! Stryker was a very handsome boy! We lost two of our pack two days apart during Christmas this past year. It was horrible. One passed away from liver failure at the age of 14 1/2. He was a husky/boxer mix. The other one passed away two days later on Christmas eve. He was 11 yrs. old and an arctic wolf hybrid. The vet seems to think that he had a blood clot. Thankfully he passed away in his sleep. It is so hard to lose our 4-legged kids. Thanks again! :)

cyber-sibes
02-02-2010, 03:22 PM
We lost two of our pack two days apart during Christmas this past year. It was horrible. Its very rough when you lose your furkids so close together. We had a hard year last year too. We lost Star at 11 1/2 at the end of Sept. Then we adopted Sherman's sister (in Oct) and within 3 weeks she was rushed into surgery for a blockage. She died a few weeks later, in early Dec. She was only 6.
Didn't think we'd be ready for another one so soon, but along came Moo 2 weeks ago, and she is just what we all needed!

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Its very rough when you lose your furkids so close together. We had a hard year last year too. We lost Star at 11 1/2 at the end of Sept. Then we adopted Sherman's sister (in Oct) and within 3 weeks she was rushed into surgery for a blockage. She died a few weeks later, in early Dec. She was only 6.
Didn't think we'd be ready for another one so soon, but along came Moo 2 weeks ago, and she is just what we all needed!

Wow, you did have a rough year too! I'm so sorry! It's amazing how our :love:'s just expand to love each and every one of them! And a big welcome to Moo!! ;)

lizbud
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi Cochise,
Wow, you were adorable as a young pup, and you are very striking as
a almost grown up big boy.:love: I am so happy to know that your family
found you when they did.It sure is great to know how much you are
loved by your lucky family. Congratulations on being our DOG OF THE DAY.:)
Sending many hugs & kisses too, just for you sweet boy.:)

Bethlynn
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi Cochise,
Wow, you were adorable as a young pup, and you are very striking as
a almost grown up big boy.:love: I am so happy to know that your family
found you when they did.It sure is great to know how much you are
loved by your lucky family. Congratulations on being our DOG OF THE DAY.:)
Sending many hugs & kisses too, just for you sweet boy.:)
Aww, Cochise says thank you! I think that all of this is going to his head! ;)